Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-10-2010   #1
xreadx
Degenerate

Rep Power: 60 xreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Draft a QB...

If schaub runs out of bounds and slips and breaks a finger nail were not gonna win another game without him. I know he was tough last year during the Jags game to come back out and play after T-Rex threw the game away.. BUT. I think we need to get a young qb and mold him, not in round one but maby round 4 if there are still good qbs on the board. or maby get a good FA whose a pocket passer like schaub. Hopefully Shaub doesnt get hurt and produces the same numbers for years and we can hang on to him for 15 more years if hes still putting up the numbers.
Round 1 Cornerback
Round 2 Safety
Round 3 Tebow
Round 4 DT

if Tebow is available i think that would be nice to have tebow to line up as a rb or run wild cat with him (allthough hes not a pocket passer) hell once we get him, he could add some lbs and be a rb?

My Myspace
xreadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft a QB...

First of all, Tebow will be gone by at least the mid second maybe even first. And the Texans ain't gonna spend any of their first picks on a QB. If they do draft one in the later rounds I would'nt mind picking up this guy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1267818

or this guy

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/565116

Last edited by stingray; 04-10-2010 at 11:52 AM.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #3
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kafka has impressed since I first heard of him. Have watched piles of clips. He'll go sooner than later. JMHO
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm wondering how the FO sees John David Booty. I mean, is he just a camp arm or do they think he's someone they can develop.

So far, they haven't had great luck drafting QBs late or picking them up off the scrap heap (like Zabransky.)

Of the QBs in this draft, I'd love for us to pick up Lefevre but I'm almost positive he's going to be gone by the time I'd like to use a pick on him. I don't want to use a pick on a QB before the 5th round and preferably the 6th.

In the 6th or 7th, I wouldn't mind picking up either Skelton or Kafka.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #5
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
First of all, Tebow will be gone by at least the mid second maybe even first. And the Texans ain't gonna spend any of their first picks on a QB. If they do draft one in the later rounds I would mind picking up this guy.

I like Skelton. I am hoping that we have Schaub, Booty, and Skelton as our QBs when we break camp.
painekiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #6
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I like Skelton. I am hoping that we have Schaub, Booty, and Skelton as our QBs when we break camp.
No way we have Booty and a rookie QB as our only backups behind Schaub when the season starts unless Dan-O is out with an injury. Just too risky IMHO. You may not like it but Orlovsky is the man off the bench if/when Schaub goes down.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take Levi Brown in the late rounds .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-10-2010   #8
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
No way we have Booty and a rookie QB as our only backups behind Schaub when the season starts unless Dan-O is out with an injury. Just too risky IMHO. You may not like it but Orlovsky is the man off the bench if/when Schaub goes down.
And what make Orlovsky the man? Kubiak was Elway's backup, and he did not have any experience. Booty has just as good a shot at being a solid backup as Dan O.
Old 04-10-2010   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And what make Orlovsky the man? Kubiak was Elway's backup, and he did not have any experience. Booty has just as good a shot at being a solid backup as Dan O.
Dan O has a ton more game experience. I think he's got a much better chance of being much better as our backup than JDB.
Old 04-10-2010   #10
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Orlovsky vs. JDB as backup QB? Another reason for massive improvements on the O-line. Let's just hope that Schaub doesn't get hurt.

I posted this same question on another football site and many guys responded that Zac Robinson-Oklahoma St. has the raw skills for be a good backup.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #11
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Dan O has a ton more game experience. I think he's got a much better chance of being much better as our backup than JDB.
Yes he has game experience, but very little of it any good.

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY RT
10 7 143 255 56.1 1,616 6.3 8 8 14 95 72.6

That is from 2008.

I liked Booty coming out of college. But he will have to prove himself during OTA's and MiniCamp. I might not get a chance to watch him in person at the summer camp. But I did see Dan O last season and was not impressed by what I saw at practice. Hope Kubiak can correct the kid.
Old 04-10-2010   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes he has game experience, but very little of it any good.

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY RT
10 7 143 255 56.1 1,616 6.3 8 8 14 95 72.6

That is from 2008.

I liked Booty coming out of college. But he will have to prove himself during OTA's and MiniCamp. I might not get a chance to watch him in person at the summer camp. But I did see Dan O last season and was not impressed by what I saw at practice. Hope Kubiak can correct the kid.
That was from 2008 with the Lions. A very bad Lions team. And at times, he looked pretty good.

And bad experience or not, that's experience that JDB doesn't have. If JDB is able to play better than Dan O, great. But I don't expect him to.
Old 04-10-2010   #13
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pro DanO.

Those stats for a first time starter on a bad team are ok.

Most rookies have stats around that level or worse.... take these.

Comp Att Pct Yds TD Int Sck SckY Rate
196 364 53.8 2,444 12 20 26 195 63.0

Do you know who that is?

Mark Sanchez, the franchise QB of a good NYJ team.

Dan O is not a bad QB.
Old 04-10-2010   #14
justmy2cents
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 justmy2cents is on the Pro-Bowl ballotjustmy2cents is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Orlovsky vs. JDB as backup QB? Another reason for massive improvements on the O-line. Let's just hope that Schaub doesn't get hurt.

I posted this same question on another football site and many guys responded that Zac Robinson-Oklahoma St. has the raw skills for be a good backup.

Amen to OLine improvement. Asamoah would be such a good fit @LG. I'm also one of those Zac Robinson fans. I watched him in about 4 or 5 games, a skills competition, and the combine ... the kid can throw the ball! Plus he's athletic, head is on a swivel, has great mobility, and can, I believe, be had in the later rounds.
justmy2cents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
First of all, Tebow will be gone by at least the mid second maybe even first. And the Texans ain't gonna spend any of their first picks on a QB. If they do draft one in the later rounds I would'nt mind picking up this guy.

or this guy

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/565116
Also, Tebow is so raw, I don't think he could play in a pinch. There are alot of guys with more polish in later rounds.
Old 04-13-2010   #16
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sold on Tebow, with even a year of learning he will be a good, winning QB in this league.
Old 04-13-2010   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If our back up QB is having to play a lot for us then odds are the season will not be that good anyways, so I really could care less who the back up is..
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 90792 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I'm sold on Tebow, with even a year of learning he will be a good, winning QB in this league.
Were you sold on Ryan Leaf as well?
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010   #19
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Were you sold on Ryan Leaf as well?
To be honest, I wasn't that into the draft back then.

My addiction to the Texans has fueled my addiction to the draft.
Old 04-14-2010   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel that anyone who doesnt think Bob McNair would LOVE, I mean get a boner LOVE to have Tim Tebow on his team they are out of their minds. I know he is not ready for the #2 QB spot, but should be able to see the field in some facet of the game.

I think McNair would request we use a 2nd on him if Tebow fell that far. After all I have read and seen, I think some team is going to take him EARLY EARLY 2.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read