Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-08-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default NFL Draft Is Almost Here

I won't lie I am getting excited. I know you are. GO TEXANS
Old 04-08-2010   #2
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Draft Is Almost Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I won't lie I am getting excited. I know you are. GO TEXANS
I can't wait either Gary. Rounds 2-3 will be on my birthday
Old 04-08-2010   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Cool, early happy birthday to you sir.
Old 04-08-2010   #4
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 4784 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
THATS MY BIRTHDAY TOO!!!!
redwhiteANDblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Ive read enough opinion and mocks to last me till next year already and we'll most definately see much more in the last days leading up to the draft .....

Im ready for the bitchin and whining that always accompanies the draft .... OMG they reached , OMG he sucks , OMG I just want to watch some damn football and cheerleaders .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #6
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
by the way, were gonna get hammered for the draft and your birthday.
Old 04-09-2010   #7
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
by the way, were gonna get hammered for the draft and your birthday.
How is that different from any other Weekend?
Old 04-09-2010   #8
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait for the draft! I think this an important draft for the Texans! The FO need to find GEMS cuz this up coming schedule looks very unforgiving! This draft also gives me the most headaches of all the previous drafts! I just can't seem to predict who the Texans will graft @ #20, will it be a CB or RB? Will they trade down for extra picks? The suspense is just killing me! I bought 2 different draft guides to read & reread and I'm still very confused! I think I need counseling!
Old 04-09-2010   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I got to thinking last night about the draft. I've been kinda against the new 3 day primetime BS, but I think I'm beginning to think differently. I still think it's kinda dumb and all about "show me (NFL) the money", anywho.

I just got to thinking how wickedly awesome this is setting up. I think due to the CBA uncertainty more players wanted to hit the NFL before '11, which makes this years draft is one of the deepest in years. I think there's going to be movement all over the place in this draft especially the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd days. Teams having an entire night to ponder and stare at their draft boards will surely spur some action.

I can't wait
Old 04-09-2010   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

What is this NFL Draft you speak of?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't wait for the draft because, well "it's the NFL draft" but at the same time I hate the new format.

With a weekend, two day draft you have a great day one. Everybody is pretty much off of work and you can have all-day draft parties. You can throw some steaks on the grill, watch the draft, and have a few beers and you don't have to be anywhere the next day. You can devote the entire day to football. Then on day two I inevitably have to get some work around the house and yard done (because I just wasted the Saturday watching the draft) but that's when the little AM radio and ear bud come out. I spend that day mowing, weeding, raking, and listening.

I've got my routine. The NFL has screwed it up. I'm not happy about that. I'll admit that their Pro Bowl change works out nicely. I hate the regular season game in England though and I think they almost fixed overtime but fell short of getting it absolutely right. This is another one in the "Not digging it column".
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL draft. Didn't know they also sold beer. I'll be drinking a lot of beer during the draft.

This post is worthless, I just wanted to show up in this thread.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #13
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
NFL draft. Didn't know they also sold beer. I'll be drinking a lot of beer during the draft.

This post is worthless, I just wanted to talk about beer.
fixed it for ya
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, now that was funny. LOL. rep Sir.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Thank you Sir. I just wanted to talk about beer also.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL Genuine Draft?
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone going to the draft party at Reliant?
Old 04-09-2010   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
You know, I got to thinking last night about the draft. I've been kinda against the new 3 day primetime BS, but I think I'm beginning to think differently. I still think it's kinda dumb and all about "show me (NFL) the money", anywho.

I just got to thinking how wickedly awesome this is setting up. I think due to the CBA uncertainty more players wanted to hit the NFL before '11, which makes this years draft is one of the deepest in years. I think there's going to be movement all over the place in this draft especially the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd days. Teams having an entire night to ponder and stare at their draft boards will surely spur some action.

I can't wait
There have been 58 picks involved with trades for this year's draft already. I don't know how that compares to past drafts but seems to me like there's been a lotta action going on already. Didn't the draft last year or the year before that set a record for most draft day trades? I seem to remember Dallas being involved in an obscene number of trades?
Old 04-09-2010   #19
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Anyone going to the draft party at Reliant?
Can one get $8 beers there?
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #20
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I can't wait for the draft because, well "it's the NFL draft" but at the same time I hate the new format.

With a weekend, two day draft you have a great day one. Everybody is pretty much off of work and you can have all-day draft parties. You can throw some steaks on the grill, watch the draft, and have a few beers and you don't have to be anywhere the next day. You can devote the entire day to football. Then on day two I inevitably have to get some work around the house and yard done (because I just wasted the Saturday watching the draft) but that's when the little AM radio and ear bud come out. I spend that day mowing, weeding, raking, and listening.

I've got my routine. The NFL has screwed it up. I'm not happy about that. I'll admit that their Pro Bowl change works out nicely. I hate the regular season game in England though and I think they almost fixed overtime but fell short of getting it absolutely right. This is another one in the "Not digging it column".
If the commish wanted to have a 3 day draft then he should have made it friday, saturday and sunday. Now that would be a weekend party. I don't understand the thursday thing at all. I agree with Herv. This new format has totally ruined my yearly draft routine. I had a big party every year and now I can't have a party because everyone has to work on friday.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read