Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Draft Is Almost Here

Ive read enough opinion and mocks to last me till next year already and we'll most definately see much more in the last days leading up to the draft .....

Im ready for the bitchin and whining that always accompanies the draft .... OMG they reached , OMG he sucks , OMG I just want to watch some damn football and cheerleaders .....

I can't wait for the draft! I think this an important draft for the Texans! The FO need to find GEMS cuz this up coming schedule looks very unforgiving! This draft also gives me the most headaches of all the previous drafts! I just can't seem to predict who the Texans will graft @ #20, will it be a CB or RB? Will they trade down for extra picks? The suspense is just killing me! I bought 2 different draft guides to read & reread and I'm still very confused! I think I need counseling!:pop:

You know, I got to thinking last night about the draft. I've been kinda against the new 3 day primetime BS, but I think I'm beginning to think differently. I still think it's kinda dumb and all about "show me (NFL) the money", anywho.

I just got to thinking how wickedly awesome this is setting up. I think due to the CBA uncertainty more players wanted to hit the NFL before '11, which makes this years draft is one of the deepest in years. I think there's going to be movement all over the place in this draft especially the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd days. Teams having an entire night to ponder and stare at their draft boards will surely spur some action.

I can't wait

I can't wait for the draft because, well "it's the NFL draft" but at the same time I hate the new format.

With a weekend, two day draft you have a great day one. Everybody is pretty much off of work and you can have all-day draft parties. You can throw some steaks on the grill, watch the draft, and have a few beers and you don't have to be anywhere the next day. You can devote the entire day to football. Then on day two I inevitably have to get some work around the house and yard done (because I just wasted the Saturday :) watching the draft) but that's when the little AM radio and ear bud come out. I spend that day mowing, weeding, raking, and listening.

I've got my routine. The NFL has screwed it up. I'm not happy about that. I'll admit that their Pro Bowl change works out nicely. I hate the regular season game in England though and I think they almost fixed overtime but fell short of getting it absolutely right. This is another one in the "Not digging it column".

NFL draft. Didn't know they also sold beer. I'll be drinking a lot of beer during the draft.

This post is worthless, I just wanted to show up in this thread.

Thank you Sir. I just wanted to talk about beer also.

You know, I got to thinking last night about the draft. I've been kinda against the new 3 day primetime BS, but I think I'm beginning to think differently. I still think it's kinda dumb and all about "show me (NFL) the money", anywho.

I just got to thinking how wickedly awesome this is setting up. I think due to the CBA uncertainty more players wanted to hit the NFL before '11, which makes this years draft is one of the deepest in years. I think there's going to be movement all over the place in this draft especially the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd days. Teams having an entire night to ponder and stare at their draft boards will surely spur some action.

I can't wait

There have been 58 picks involved with trades for this year's draft already. I don't know how that compares to past drafts but seems to me like there's been a lotta action going on already. Didn't the draft last year or the year before that set a record for most draft day trades? I seem to remember Dallas being involved in an obscene number of trades?

I can't wait for the draft because, well "it's the NFL draft" but at the same time I hate the new format.

With a weekend, two day draft you have a great day one. Everybody is pretty much off of work and you can have all-day draft parties. You can throw some steaks on the grill, watch the draft, and have a few beers and you don't have to be anywhere the next day. You can devote the entire day to football. Then on day two I inevitably have to get some work around the house and yard done (because I just wasted the Saturday :) watching the draft) but that's when the little AM radio and ear bud come out. I spend that day mowing, weeding, raking, and listening.

I've got my routine. The NFL has screwed it up. I'm not happy about that. I'll admit that their Pro Bowl change works out nicely. I hate the regular season game in England though and I think they almost fixed overtime but fell short of getting it absolutely right. This is another one in the "Not digging it column".

If the commish wanted to have a 3 day draft then he should have made it friday, saturday and sunday. Now that would be a weekend party. I don't understand the thursday thing at all. I agree with Herv. This new format has totally ruined my yearly draft routine. I had a big party every year and now I can't have a party because everyone has to work on friday.

just realized i'll be in Chicago for Dark Lord Day that weekend, and it'll be the first draft i'm (most likely) going to miss. unless there are bars with it on that Friday night whilst i'm getting hammered and yelling at the Dolphins for drafting Tim Tebow or sometihng

I got a last minute business trip called that's going to make me go to LA.

Luckily, I was able to convince my bosses that I needed to go home on Wednesday. So I'll be able to watch the draft from home on Thursday. Whew.

Back