Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-08-2010   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default The 'Skins

I have been reading some articles about this team since the McNabb trade and think they can make a lot of noise.

Jason Campbell never really got to get a good grasp on any of the offenses run there, but now they have McNabb who is familiar with the system and an O-Coordinator who had the league's leading passer, which McNabb is capable of. The thing that they don't have is a top tier WR, but they do have Cooley coming off an ankle injury who can be a deadly H-Back/TE in their system ala OD.

The coaching staff is somewhat a reunion of coaches with the main man Mike Shanahan leading it all.

I think they are a few pieces away from being a contender. When we play them I have a feeling it's going to be a hell of a game.

Can't wait for football season!
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The 'Skins

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
I have been reading some articles about this team since the McNabb trade and think they can make a lot of noise.

Jason Campbell never really got to get a good grasp on any of the offenses run there, but now they have McNabb who is familiar with the system and an O-Coordinator who had the league's leading passer, which McNabb is capable of. The thing that they don't have is a top tier WR, but they do have Cooley coming off an ankle injury who can be a deadly H-Back/TE in their system ala OD.

The coaching staff is somewhat a reunion of coaches with the main man Mike Shanahan leading it all.

I think they are a few pieces away from being a contender. When we play them I have a feeling it's going to be a hell of a game.

Can't wait for football season!
Agreed but they use the first probably on a LT and 2nd round is now Eagles. Their 3rd round was used in Supplemental draft. Anyone remember who that was? I think Shanny will probably try to trade Campbell and Hainsworth.
Old 04-08-2010   #3
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

They are going to be a better team. It does worry me a little that we have to play them, but I think we can take them.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #4
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1283 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Agreed but they use the first probably on a LT and 2nd round is now Eagles. Their 3rd round was used in Supplemental draft. Anyone remember who that was? I think Shanny will probably try to trade Campbell and Hainsworth.
Jeremy Jarmon, a DE from Kentucky. Injured his knee during the year, and will now have to learn a new position (likely OLB) in the transition to the 3-4.

The one good thing about our hideous defense in 2005 was that we didn't have to worry about losing any prime 3-4 defensive talent when we switched to the 4-3. We simply didn't have any to lose.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #5
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Skins are going to need a ton of help on the defensive side of the ball and their offensive line will need to be completely retooled
Old 04-08-2010   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Skins are going to need a ton of help on the defensive side of the ball and their offensive line will need to be completely retooled
So. You think there aren't enough tools on the Skins OL? Have you met each one of the personally?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't the Skin's win the offseason every year? How's that translate to the regular season?
Old 04-09-2010   #8
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 27616 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
They are going to be a better team. It does worry me a little that we have to play them, but I think we can take them.
Way I see it is this. With McNabb I think the Eagles would have probably beaten us in Philly. Without McNabb I think we'd win handily against the Skins.....on that basis we're 1-1.

Now, with the McNabb-less Eagles I think we should deal with them (I'm not a Kolb fan, and its not going to be an easy season for them, looking at it pre-draft). With the Skins having McNabb, I believe they are far stronger, but we should still be able to edge them out, just not as easily as before....on that basis we're 2-0.

Old 04-09-2010   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Don't the Skin's win the offseason every year? How's that translate to the regular season?
Why does this sound familiar?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #10
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52150 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

I think when we play Washington will make a big difference. I don't see them firing on all cylinders come week 1. It will take them some time to gel. We stand a much better chance if we catch them early when they are attempting to institute a system that Kubiak already knows like the back of his hand with players who aren't as attuned as Gary is.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I think when we play Washington will make a big difference. I don't see them firing on all cylinders come week 1. It will take them some time to gel. We stand a much better chance if we catch them early when they are attempting to institute a system that Kubiak already knows like the back of his hand with players who aren't as attuned as Gary is.
You mean kind of like how you want to start the season against a rookie QB who only had one full year as a college starter and entered the draft after his Junior season?
Old 04-09-2010   #12
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52150 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
You mean kind of like how you want to start the season against a rookie QB who only had one full year as a college starter and entered the draft after his Junior season?
Sure something could happen -- Washington could lose McNabb to injury midseason and we catch em with Campbell or Rexy. I just think Washington will take a little time to come together as a unit. Also, based on his track record against the Ravens and Jets, Kubes & Co don't know the 46 as well as they know the Shannys' offensive sets.
Old 04-09-2010   #13
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Sure something could happen -- Washington could lose McNabb to injury midseason and we catch em with Campbell or Rexy. I just think Washington will take a little time to come together as a unit. Also, based on his track record against the Ravens and Jets, Kubes & Co don't know the 46 as well as they know the Shannys' offensive sets.
I'm just saying that given the way we made Sanchez look like he was headed to All Pro status last year (which my personal belief is wouldn't have happened later in the season), there is something to be said for getting a few games on tape to see how Shanny and Shanny plan to utilize Donovan.
Old 04-09-2010   #14
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I'm just saying that given the way we made Sanchez look like he was headed to All Pro status last year (which my personal belief is wouldn't have happened later in the season for a few reasons), there is something to be said for getting a few games on tape to see how Shanny and Shanny plan to utilize Donovan.
I don't think Sanchez was quite at an all star level against us. What'd he get? 275 yards and 1 TD/1 INT? The problem was that we only put up 7 points against 'em. Because Kubiak gets pwned by a 46. I tend to think that unless we caught the Jets when Jenkins was on the DL that was going to happen whenever we played them. Their defense was going to squelch us.
Old 04-09-2010   #15
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Way I see it is this. With McNabb I think the Eagles would have probably beaten us in Philly. Without McNabb I think we'd win handily against the Skins.....on that basis we're 1-1.

Now, with the McNabb-less Eagles I think we should deal with them (I'm not a Kolb fan, and its not going to be an easy season for them, looking at it pre-draft). With the Skins having McNabb, I believe they are far stronger, but we should still be able to edge them out, just not as easily as before....on that basis we're 2-0.

Thats a pretty good way of looking at it,I think your right.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I can see a 2nd round going to Washington for Hainsworth and 3rd for the QB from some team.
Old 04-10-2010   #17
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: The 'Skins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
I agree... They'll be better than last year, but I still don't see how this trade will help them in the longrun. Seems like they're always giving up draft picks.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read