Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-08-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If Earl Thomas is there @ 20 and we don't pick him...

it means Kubiak will not select a UT player first round because he's an Aggie.

There. I said it!!!!!

Seriously, I can't think of a reason not to select him over all the other people mentioned. Dude can come in right now and start or at the very least give you another DB to play in dime and nickle packages also.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #2
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: If Earl Thomas is there @ 20 and we don't pick him...

Sometimes I wonder what teasips do, to bring themselves to this mental state. We don't hate ya, but we are amused by your paranoia
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think you will have to worry about Kubiak passing on Earl Thomas. All signs point to Thomas going in the teens.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 04-08-2010   #5
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

There. I said it!!!!!

Seriously, I can't think of a reason not to select him over all the other people mentioned. Dude can come in right now and start or at the very least give you another DB to play in dime and nickle packages also.
Worst post evar!
Old 04-08-2010   #6
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Worst post evar!
Old 04-08-2010   #7
Ckw

I would think Frank Okam and Kasey Studdard would disagree with you.

Funny thread man.
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2010   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

There. I said it!!!!!

Not if saaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy eric berry fell to us.....then it means nothing....
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Worst post evar!
e-v-E-r.

Just thought I'd stir the pot yall. Seriously though. Out of all the guys mentioned Earl Thomas seems more like a sure fire thing to me than everyone else.

You can say Studdard....but his dad played with Kubiak at A&M.
You can say Okam.....but wasn't he a 5th rounder or something.
Old 04-08-2010   #10
Ckw

Quote:
e-v-E-r.

Just thought I'd stir the pot yall. Seriously though. Out of all the guys mentioned Earl Thomas seems more like a sure fire thing to me than everyone else.

You can say Studdard....but his dad played with Kubiak at A&M.
You can say Okam.....but wasn't he a 5th rounder or something.
Considering the recent pros UT has put out, I'd be a little leery of drafting one anyway. Maybe I am missing someone, but most have been busts as of late. Michael Huff is nothing anyone thought he would be, both Roy Williams are garbage, VY might become something but I am still skeptical, etc. Same goes for Benson. I guess Griffin for the Titins has been alright, but most have been busts. Once again, correct me if I am missing someone.
Old 04-08-2010   #11
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Considering the recent pros UT has put out, I'd be a little leery of drafting one anyway. Maybe I am missing someone, but most have been busts as of late. Michael Huff is nothing anyone thought he would be, both Roy Williams are garbage, VY might become something but I am still skeptical, etc. I guess Griffin for the Titins has been alright, but most have been busts. Once again, correct me if I am missing someone.
Actually UT puts out just as many successful pro's as any other collegiate program. And their secondary pro's are normally successful in the NFL.
Old 04-08-2010   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

UT had their pro day the other day. Being in Austin... ugh... it gets jammed in our mouths. Anyway, I watched Earl Thomas get hammed up on the 40 yard dash. Either tweaked a hamstring or had a cramp. He was limping pretty good after the run.

Austinites? Can anyone vouch?
Old 04-08-2010   #13
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Actually UT puts out just as many successful pro's as any other collegiate program. And their secondary pro's are normally successful in the NFL.
Such as? Give me the last 5-7 years.
Old 04-08-2010   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
There is no need to continue the conversation IMO. The point is not to have dialogue, since the information is readily available.
Old 04-08-2010   #15
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a list of Longhorns in the NFL. I won't try to determine what successful means.

Texas
Cedric Benson (32) Cincinnati Bengals RB
Tarell Brown (25) San Francisco 49ers CB
Jamaal Charles (25) Kansas City Chiefs RB
Quan Cosby (12) Cincinnati Bengals WR
Tim Crowder (96) Tampa Bay Buccaneers DE
Phil Dawson (4) Cleveland Browns K
Jermichael Finley (88) Green Bay Packers TE
Cedric Griffin (23) Minnesota Vikings CB
Michael Griffin (33) Tennessee Titans FS
Ahmard Hall (45) Tennessee Titans FB
Casey Hampton (98) Pittsburgh Steelers NT
Michael Huff (24) Oakland Raiders FS
Quentin Jammer (23) San Diego Chargers CB
Derrick Johnson (56) Kansas City Chiefs ILB
D.D. Lewis (52) Seattle Seahawks LB
Cullen Loeffler (46) Minnesota Vikings LS
Derek Lokey (69) Kansas City Chiefs DT
Henry Melton (69) Chicago Bears DE
Roy Miller (93) Tampa Bay Buccaneers DT
Chris Ogbonnaya (22) St. Louis Rams RB
Frank Okam (97) Houston Texans DT
Brian Orakpo (98) Washington Redskins OLB
Cory Redding Baltimore Ravens DE
Brian Robison (96) Minnesota Vikings DE
Shaun Rogers (92) Cleveland Browns NT
Aaron Ross (31) New York Giants CB
Bo Scaife (80) Tennessee Titans TE
Chris Simms (2) Denver Broncos QB
Limas Sweed (14) Pittsburgh Steelers WR
David Thomas (85) New Orleans Saints TE
Nathan Vasher San Diego Chargers DB
Ricky Williams (34) Miami Dolphins RB
Roy E. Williams (11) Dallas Cowboys WR
Rodrique Wright New York Jets DE
Vince Young (10) Tennessee Titans QB
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Is there something about Eugene Wilson I don't know?

Is it a pressing need to replace him?
Old 04-08-2010   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Is there something about Eugene Wilson I don't know?

Is it a pressing need to replace him?
It's not so much Wilson. It's what we've got behind him. I'd be happy if he were upsurped and ended up on our bench. That'd be what I call quality depth.
Old 04-08-2010   #18
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
There is no need to continue the conversation IMO. The point is not to have dialogue, since the information is readily available.
I don't recall asking you. It was a sincere question and is something worth discussing. I guess questioning anything about the greatness of your favorite program made your little guy sting a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilpW View Post
Here's a list of Longhorns in the NFL. I won't try to determine what successful means.

Texas
Cedric Benson (32) Cincinnati Bengals RB
Tarell Brown (25) San Francisco 49ers CB
Jamaal Charles (25) Kansas City Chiefs RB
Quan Cosby (12) Cincinnati Bengals WR
Tim Crowder (96) Tampa Bay Buccaneers DE
Phil Dawson (4) Cleveland Browns K
Jermichael Finley (88) Green Bay Packers TE
Cedric Griffin (23) Minnesota Vikings CB
Michael Griffin (33) Tennessee Titans FS
Ahmard Hall (45) Tennessee Titans FB
Casey Hampton (98) Pittsburgh Steelers NT
Michael Huff (24) Oakland Raiders FS
Quentin Jammer (23) San Diego Chargers CB
Derrick Johnson (56) Kansas City Chiefs ILB
D.D. Lewis (52) Seattle Seahawks LB
Cullen Loeffler (46) Minnesota Vikings LS
Derek Lokey (69) Kansas City Chiefs DT
Henry Melton (69) Chicago Bears DE
Roy Miller (93) Tampa Bay Buccaneers DT
Chris Ogbonnaya (22) St. Louis Rams RB
Frank Okam (97) Houston Texans DT
Brian Orakpo (98) Washington Redskins OLB
Cory Redding Baltimore Ravens DE
Brian Robison (96) Minnesota Vikings DE
Shaun Rogers (92) Cleveland Browns NT
Aaron Ross (31) New York Giants CB
Bo Scaife (80) Tennessee Titans TE
Chris Simms (2) Denver Broncos QB
Limas Sweed (14) Pittsburgh Steelers WR
David Thomas (85) New Orleans Saints TE
Nathan Vasher San Diego Chargers DB
Ricky Williams (34) Miami Dolphins RB
Roy E. Williams (11) Dallas Cowboys WR
Rodrique Wright New York Jets DE
Vince Young (10) Tennessee Titans QB
I appreciate it. Rep to you. There were certainly some guys I forgot. I retract my statement as there are quite a few guys on that list I would consider "successful" NFL football players. I guess Huff, Roy Williams (WR), and VY just stuck out to me a bit too much as guys everyone believed were bound for greatness and haven't exactly lived up to it. I stand corrected.
Old 04-08-2010   #19
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
I don't recall asking you. It was a sincere question and is something worth discussing. I guess questioning anything about the greatness of your favorite program made your little guy sting a bit.

I appreciate it. Rep to you. There were certainly some guys I forgot. I retract my statement as there are quite a few guys on that list I would consider "successful" NFL football players. I guess Huff, Roy Williams (WR), and VY just stuck out to me a bit too much as guys everyone believed were bound for greatness and haven't exactly lived up to it. I stand corrected.
So I was right?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2010   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:

And like he said earlier. Their list of DBs in the pros is pretty impressive.

Jerry Gray - All Pro
Quentin Jammer - Pro Bowl
Michael Westbrook
Stanley Richards - Pro Bowler
Michael Griffin
Nathan Vasher-Pro Bowl (i believe)
Aaron Ross

That's quite the class of DBs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read