Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-12-2010   #161
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prayers for Joe Texan to get well

Joe went down for the arteriogram at 11:30 and came back around 2:30. He's doing well and sleeping now. It appears that there are no signs of further bleed and actually quicker than usual signs of resorption of the blood clot. But, the final report by the neuroradiologist has not been released. Further good news, is blood pressure has remained very stable on his medication regimen.

It appears that everyone's prayers have been heard. Pending the final report, I feel we will be able to transfer Joe out of the ICU later this evening or early morning. And, because of his stabilized blood pressure, excluding any unforeseen problems cropping up, within the next day or two, he may be laying in his own bed at home with dancing girls surrounding him, fanning him while they drop grapes in his mouth one by one. We're looking for volunteers.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #162
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Joe went down for the arteriogram at 11:30 and came back around 2:30. He's doing well and sleeping now. It appears that there are no signs of further bleed and actually quicker than usual signs of resorption of the blood clot. But, the final report by the neuroradiologist has not been released. Further good news, is blood pressure has remained very stable on his medication regimen.

It appears that everyone's prayers have been heard. Pending the final report, I feel we will be able to transfer Joe out of the ICU later this evening or early morning. And, because of his stabilized blood pressure, excluding any unforeseen problems cropping up, within the next day or two, he may be laying in his own bed at home with dancing girls surrounding him, fanning him while they drop grapes in his mouth one by one. We're looking for volunteers.
I think Bill can help if someone volunteers to install a bunch of poles . Of course that won't help his blood pressure .
Old 04-12-2010   #163
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Left my message a few minutes ago:

"Hey Joe, This is GP from the TexansTalk message board. I sure hope they let you use the pink soap I sent you. Remember what you always told us soapers "Don't drop the soap!" Anyways, I sure hope you get better. Everybody on the message board keeps checking in on the updates we get from Cloaknnndagger, trying to make sure we know you're doing OK. There hasn't been any big news with the Texans the past few days. So you ain't missing anything. The Astros are sucking extremely bad right now. Haven't won a game yet. Looks like Drayton McLane might sell them this summer, too. Probably will be a good thing for the jam that team is in. Got to go, and I hope you get rested up for the draft."
Old 04-12-2010   #164
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Oh that's really great news. Thanks for updating us, Cloak. Means a lot.

My wife sells Tekturna, Diovan, and the new Tekturna/Diovan combination called "Valturna." So I have gained a lot of knowledge about BP control just from hearing her talk about it. That's some good news that his BP is staying controlled. I suspect Joe is on some blood thinners, too, to help as the clot resolves itself.

Thanks again for the news.
Old 04-12-2010   #165
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Oh that's really great news. Thanks for updating us, Cloak. Means a lot.

My wife sells Tekturna, Diovan, and the new Tekturna/Diovan combination called "Valturna." So I have gained a lot of knowledge about BP control just from hearing her talk about it. That's some good news that his BP is staying controlled. I suspect Joe is on some blood thinners, too, to help as the clot resolves itself.
Thanks again for the news.
GP,

You're welcome. But blood clots in the legs are approached differently than those in the brain. Clots in the legs are not caused by bleeding. They are caused by stagnant blood flow through the veins and inflammation of the vein walls. Since he had an active bleed (wet) stroke, we have avoided any blood thinning agents, in that they would encourage further bleed. Resolution of his clot has had to be totally spontaneous. Usually, when there is a prolonged period of relative immobility in the ICU, we try to initiate blood clot prevention in the legs with the use of low dose blood thinners. But, for the above reason, this couldn't be done in Joe's case. Therefore, we have had to rely on encouraging him to move his feet and legs often, trying to get him up as much as possible, and placing continuous mechanical massagers on both of his legs. These measures were all done to promote good circulation to the legs, since sluggish flow there leads to the type of blood clots in the legs or pelvis which then can travel to the lungs and lead to a high incidence of death.
Old 04-12-2010   #166
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the updates, CnD! We'll keep Joe Texan in our thoughts and prayers. Between the miracle of modern medicine and the powers of spiritual healing, he'll be up and cursing the ICOU in just a matter of time. The way it should be!
Old 04-12-2010   #167
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
GP,

You're welcome. But blood clots in the legs are approached differently than those in the brain. Since he had an active bleed (wet) stroke, we have avoided any blood thinning agents, in that they would encourage further bleed. Resolution of his clot has had to be totally spontaneous. Usually, when there is a prolonged period of relative immobility in the ICU, we try to initiate blood clot prevention in the legs with the use of low dose blood thinners. But, for the above reason, this couldn't be done in Joe's case. Therefore, we had to rely on encouraging him to move his feet and legs often, trying to get him up as much as possible, and placing continuous mechanical massagers on both of his legs. These measures were all done to promote good circulation to the legs, since sluggish flow there leads to the type of blood clots in the legs or pelvis which then can travel to the lungs and lead to a high incidence of death.
Oh I see, so he didn't throw the clot from somewhere in the lower extremities. His clot originated in the brain? Yikes.
Old 04-12-2010   #168
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I just got off the phone with him. Sounds much better and relayed everything that you posted. He also mentioned that he had a catheter inserted in the artery in his leg (or something to that effect). Anywho, he was all excited because it's now been 7 hours and he can get it taken out. Says he should be in a regular room...

Wooohoooooo!! Lemme know when the girls get there, I'm partying with Joe!!!
Old 04-12-2010   #169
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I just got off the phone with him. Sounds much better and relayed everything that you posted. He also mentioned that he had a catheter inserted in the artery in his leg (or something to that effect). Anywho, he was all excited because it's now been 7 hours and he can get it taken out. Says he should be in a regular room...

Wooohoooooo!! Lemme know when the girls get there, I'm partying with Joe!!!

Thank for the update TB! Let him know we are all thinking about him. And let me know when the party starts!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #170
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Thank for the update TB! Let him know we are all thinking about him. And let me know when the party starts!
Make sure you read Doc Jean's post too. Much more detailed and eloguently stated than my posts.

Hell no we won't let you know. The more girls and less guys, the better!
Old 04-12-2010   #171
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Make sure you read Doc Jean's post too. Much more detailed and eloguently stated than my posts.

Always
Hell no we won't let you know. The more girls and less guys, the better!
Dude!
Old 04-12-2010   #172
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
up!! Is that what you're tryin to do! lol

I can assure you, and everyone else who seems to think that nurses are EVIL, that we understand you needs, and complaints, much better than any of you know. I belong to a THANKLESS profession, and that's really sad. I can assure you, I will go to work tonight, work my butt off for 12 solid hours, give 100% of myself to my profession, and not have ONE patient or family member say "thank you!" Just about the most unappreciated profession out there! JMO!
Yes you do belong to a THANKLESS profession. My Aunt was a nurse (and beleive it or not a birthin' nurse too) for over 30 years. Unfortunately she left this world to be with God, but Lord knows that she was overworked, underpaid and under appreciated.

Understand where I was coming from. Sitting watching a friend, miserable, uncomfortable and in a lot of pain. She said he couldnt take any meds for another 45 minutes. I get that, what I don't get is why she wasn't back in 45 minutes, 50 mintutes or even an hour.
Old 04-12-2010   #173
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

As TB reported, Joe's transfer orders have been written. He's third in line for being transfered. No bed is available yet. We hope to get it done this evening, but tomorrow morning at latest.

His headache has taken a turn for the better........still hurts a good bit, but much, much more bearable. He had a "last meal" in the ICU tonight. Included an entre of McDonald's fish sandwich special with an ice cream smoothie. He says it's like one last fling. When he gets home, he will be getting on and sticking to a good healthy diet (with an occasional reward every once in awhile). When he gets to the floor, we will be changing his blood pressure meds from IV to oral. He's getting rid of all of his lines and continous body monitoring hook ups. He will be discharged home once his oral blood pressure meds are titrated to maintain the same stability as the IV-delivered one. Hopefully, he will respond to this within 24-48 hours.
Old 04-12-2010   #174
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes you do belong to a THANKLESS profession. My Aunt was a nurse (and beleive it or not a birthin' nurse too) for over 30 years.
Is she the one that taught you about good birthin' hips?

And great news about Joe!
Old 04-12-2010   #175
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As TB reported, Joe's transfer orders have been written. He's third in line for being transfered. No bed is available yet. We hope to get it done this evening, but tomorrow morning at latest.

His headache has taken a turn for the better........still hurts a good bit, but much, much more bearable. He had a "last meal" in the ICU tonight. Included an entre of McDonald's fish sandwich special with an ice cream smoothie. He says it's like one last fling. When he gets home, he will be getting on and sticking to a good healthy diet (with an occasional reward every once in awhile). When he gets to the floor, we will be changing his blood pressure meds from IV to oral. He's getting rid of all of his lines and continous body monitoring hook ups. He will be discharged home once his oral blood pressure meds are titrated to maintain the same stability as the IV-delivered one. Hopefully, he will respond to this within 24-48 hours.
We will have to be more creative with food during tailgates now. You guys can feed me all of the fatting foods...I will take it for the team.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #176
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

That's good news, because I posted Saturday he didn't even touch his lunch, which I was concerned about. He barely lifted the lid and looked at it. BTW, it looked pretty damn good..... for chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Is she the one that taught you about good birthin' hips?

And great news about Joe!
but no.. I came up with that dandy all on my own..... unfortunately.
Old 04-12-2010   #177
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Thanks to everyone for the updates. I'm relieved to hear that Joe appears to be doing much better. I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers though as he works his way back to 100%.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #178
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:

Thank you so very much for the updates. I feel a little mor at ease now. I have never met Joe, but he has been a hero for so many that I feel that I know him. There used to be a lot of hero's like Joe. Lately...not so much.

All our prayers Joe! Just keep keepin on!
Old 04-12-2010   #179
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Thank you so very much for the updates. I feel a little mor at ease now. I have never met Joe, but
he has been a hero for so many that I feel that I know him. There used to be a lot of hero's like Joe. Lately...not so much.

All our prayers Joe! Just keep keepin on!
More like our Court Jester.

I keed, Joe, I keed....
Old 04-13-2010   #180
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Was out of town when the thread got started - just finished reading through all the updates and very happy to see that Joe is doing better and appears to be well on the road to a full recovery! The place really wouldn't be the same.

Joe's going to have to be extremely careful considering his buddy Obama still has another two years in office...

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read