Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-10-2010   #121
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prayers for Joe Texan to get well

Bill and Jean,
How long do either one of you think Joe will be there? We'd like to send flowers or mail him a card or something but we know that you can't send them to ICU. PM me hospital information as well as Joe's room number and last name.

Cage, my 8 year old, is very upset about Joe. He understands that Joe is very sick. They clicked for one game with Joe's pinata antics. Cage adores Joe for that. He also belives that Joe Texan's last name is Texan as per the jersey Joe wears. He thinks that's the greatest thing he's ever seen... that alone makes him a super Texans fan. He was meant to be!

Lol. Rock on, Joe.
Old 04-10-2010   #122
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

We are all number one Texans fans in my book.
Old 04-10-2010   #123
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Bill and Jean,
How long do either one of you think Joe will be there? We'd like to send flowers or mail him a card or something but we know that you can't send them to ICU. PM me hospital information as well as Joe's room number and last name.

Cage, my 8 year old, is very upset about Joe. He understands that Joe is very sick. They clicked for one game with Joe's pinata antics. Cage adores Joe for that. He also belives that Joe Texan's last name is Texan as per the jersey Joe wears. He thinks that's the greatest thing he's ever seen... that alone makes him a super Texans fan. He was meant to be!
Lol. Rock on, Joe.
Not sure, but I'm hoping he can get his BP down enough to get out of ICU within the next 2 to 3 days. (((Actually Doc Jean should chime in here- and trust me, he has waaaaay better inside info than me....))) That's hopeful and not based on any medical knowledge (again Doc Jean has so much more to offer from a knowledge base). Once that happens, I imagine another day or so after that....

My guess, Monday - optimistically. Wednesday - realistically.

Let's remember, and thank G*d that Joe will more than likely come out of this A-okay!!

That said, let's not quit our prayers.

PS.... Tell Cage, Joe is gonna make it....... just fine!
Old 04-10-2010   #124
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe will be undergoing a cerebral arteriogram on Monday. Depending if this test shows no further adverse findings.......and his blood pressure becomes well-controlled, we expect to be able to see him out of the ICU by Tuesday. His neurologic status remains stable, and I expect his arteriogram to be favorable.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #125
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Thanks Cloak.
Old 04-10-2010   #126
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe our prayers from TLT are with you. Because of you, you have taught us all how to be true Texans fan. Get well soon brother.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #127
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

get better soon
Sponsored links
Old 04-11-2010   #128
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to go visit JT, but I am such a girl and would be crying the whole time. I suck at things like that. I could barely have a phone conversation. :-( So I will stick to prayers.

We love you dearly Joe and we want you back at 100% You are #1 in my book.

Also if any Blue Crew'er is going to visit this week, make sure to contact Holly.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #129
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I would love to go visit JT, but I am such a girl and would be crying the whole time. I suck at things like that. I could barely have a phone conversation. :-( So I will stick to prayers.

We love you dearly Joe and we want you back at 100% You are #1 in my book.

Also if any Blue Crew'er is going to visit this week, make sure to contact Holly.
I'm going as soon as Jean gives me the ok. Rest is vital at this point, and I pray Joe will recup fast so we can see him in his natural habitat, the Platinum lot! I know there is an e-mail site through St Lukes to send him a note. I got several last year when I was in St Lukes. I just don't know the link. Maybe one of you pc guru's can find it and post it. It is a wonderful way to let someone know you are thinking about them, and still give them the time to recup without a lot of visitation. It was something that made me smile everyday, just knowing my friends were thinking about me. The nice volunteers bring them by your room. Joe would LOVE it!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #130
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm going as soon as Jean gives me the ok. Rest is vital at this point, and I pray Joe will recup fast so we can see him in his natural habitat, the Platinum lot! I know there is an e-mail site through St Lukes to send him a note. I got several last year when I was in St Lukes. I just don't know the link. Maybe one of you pc guru's can find it and post it. It is a wonderful way to let someone know you are thinking about them, and still give them the time to recup without a lot of visitation. It was something that made me smile everyday, just knowing my friends were thinking about me. The nice volunteers bring them by your room. Joe would LOVE it!!
Sandy,

Here's the LINK for you or anyone else for the hand delivered e-Greeting service at St. Luke's.
Old 04-12-2010   #131
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sandy,

Here's the LINK for you or anyone else for the hand delivered e-Greeting service at St. Luke's.
I strongly suggest people send the elink greetings.

The hardest part about the hospital is the lack of meaningful sleep. The ICU makes it worse. All the beeping and booping of the machines. Doctors and nurses coming into the room when it is convenient to them. Getting your vitals taking manually at all hours or being given medications.

If you are in the ICU long enough, you can get what they call ICU-induced psychosis. Just being in a tight space with frequent interruptions and little sustained, restful sleep.

Really, being in a hospital is a form of torture. You are just about to go to sleep and some new person wakes you up. Or some machine goes nuts and beeps for no reason.

Hopefully, Joe gets better soon.
Old 04-12-2010   #132
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sandy,

could you provide the room # and can we just send it to " Joe Texan"?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #133
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sure that may work but I think his last name in Banowsky or Bankowsky, not sure.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #134
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I am sure that may work but I think his last name in Banowsky or Bankowsky, not sure.
Banowsky is correct.
Old 04-12-2010   #135
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
could you provide the room # and can we just send it to " Joe Texan"?
7 South, room 7, I believe.
Old 04-12-2010   #136
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks TB, greeting sent.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #137
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I strongly suggest people send the elink greetings.

The hardest part about the hospital is the lack of meaningful sleep. The ICU makes it worse. All the beeping and booping of the machines. Doctors and nurses coming into the room when it is convenient to them. Getting your vitals taking manually at all hours or being given medications.

If you are in the ICU long enough, you can get what they call ICU-induced psychosis. Just being in a tight space with frequent interruptions and little sustained, restful sleep.

Really, being in a hospital is a form of torture. You are just about to go to sleep and some new person wakes you up. Or some machine goes nuts and beeps for no reason.

Hopefully, Joe gets better soon.

TC,

A truer recap of the "ICU experience" could not have been presented. It can, indeed, be just like continuous drip water torture.

BTW, for those who wish to e-Greet, JOE BANOWSKY can be addressed to "Neuro ICU 7 South 4 bed 7." Joe is 3rd in line for an arteriogram, hopefully later this morning or early afternoon. Findings and postprocedural recovery will determine if he is moved out of the ICU late this afternoon or tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2010   #138
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
TC,

A truer recap of the "ICU experience" could not have been presented. It can, indeed, be just like continuous drip water torture.

BTW, for those who wish to e-Greet, JOE BANOWSKY can be addressed to "Neuro ICU 7 South 4 bed 7." Joe is 3rd in line for an arteriogram, hopefully later this morning or early afternoon. Findings and postprocedural recovery will determine if he is moved out of the ICU late this afternoon or tomorrow.
Unfortunately, my knowledge of the ICU comes from my sister being in one for 7 (!) months from complications of her leukemia treatment. It was a brutality, and I will never be quite right about medical stuff ever again.

I think hospitals are a violation of the Geneva Convention, and the way they give treatment is only a few steps removed from witchcraft. Patients are human beings, but to care for so many people means that they are treated as meat. Docs, nurses, technicians, food prep folks and house cleaning staff all come into your room at whatever time suits them. Rest is impossible in a hospital. (My sister use to want to kill housekeeping people who decided that 5:00 am was a good time to mop up the room).

This is one of the reasons I am committed to eating well and exercising regularly and sensibly. You can do all the "right" things and still have to go to the hospital with a serious injury or illness, but that is no excuse for the fatalism that some have about their own health. You don't just want a long life, you want a quality life.

I just feel so bad for Joe.
Old 04-12-2010   #139
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to thank everyone for the updates and information!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #140
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I hear you, Steph!! Hospitals are "Da Devil"....

I dunno why but when I was visiting Joe the other day, I was nervous and on edge the entire time I was there. I don't like hospitals. I also don't like seeing Joe suffering from a terrible headache only to have the nurse say he can't take anything for 45 minutes... BTW, 45 minutes later there was no nurse to give him 'something'...

Evil, evil people..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read