Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-09-2010   #101
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prayers for Joe Texan to get well

Thanks for the continued updates. Fortunately, it's the off-season, so if one of our fanatics has to be on IR, this is the time.

We're playing the Cowboys in our house this season. I know this alone will focus Joe Texan to not only heal, but go above and beyond in his recovery.

Make sure all those doctors and nurses are Texans fans, ya' hear!
Old 04-09-2010   #102
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Just came back from checking on Joe in the ICU. He has the expected severe headaches from the blood clot irritating and pressing on the brain. As long as there is no further bleed, these should taper off over the next month. Meanwhile, pretty heavy medication is needed to keep him half way comfortable, so he feels pretty sleepy most of the time. But that’s OK. Blood pressure is a little brittle, so meds to control it are being monitored closely. All in all, he is in good spirits. Under the circumstances, I’ve explained to him that he is a very lucky man.........with the type of stroke he sustained, approximately don’t make it to the hospital alive. With all of your prayers, he will be in the of the group that not only makes it to the hospital alive, but also makes it out of the hospital without permanent lingering disability.

He wanted me to again relate to the MB, that he is moved by all of the well-wishers, including some which have not always seen eye to eye with him.

Gotta let you know, he’s making great progress.......no pooping the bed.........he’s traveling on his own to the PortaPot just fine..............Oops, Joe, I hope I didn’t give out too much information.
Thanks for the update Doc Jean!! I'm going to visit him some time tomorrow. I'll update as well, although it won't be as eloquent or detailed as the "no pooping" part...

*EDIT*
How's his throat doing?? I know it's been extremely sore.
Old 04-09-2010   #103
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Get well soon Joe Texan. All our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 04-09-2010   #104
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 101731 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain just mentioned Joe on 610. He said Joe is the only fan that can sit in the middle of the Black Hole in Oakland wearing the opposing teams gear and get away with it. Get well soon Joe, we need our #1 fan back.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #105
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, looks like GMA's gonna have to play tough with my "boys" this next year! Whack um with my ugly stick if I see um hittin the booze a little to hard! Since over half the Blue Crew needs to knock off a few pounds, I LEAD THE LIST, maybe we can get together and come up with some yummy grillin that won't kill our hearts and broaden our booty's!! I know of FOUR of our BC pals who have had wake-up calls this off season. We need to get serious about taking care of ourselves, and our fellow Texans!!

I LOVE ya all way to much to lose someone!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #106
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thanks for the update Doc Jean!! I'm going to visit him some time tomorrow. I'll update as well, although it won't be as eloquent or detailed as the "no pooping" part...

*EDIT*
How's his throat doing?? I know it's been extremely sore.
Can you tailgate in the lobby ?

When you going Bill ?

Both of my son's were born at St. Lukes .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #107
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
John McClain just mentioned Joe on 610. He said Joe is the only fan that can sit in the middle of the Black Hole in Oakland wearing the opposing teams gear and get away with it. Get well soon Joe, we need our #1 fan back.
Woah...

McClain reported something accurate. Mad respect to John McClain for the kind words about Joe Texan. I'm really happy news has gotten out that shows Joe Texan is loved in Houston and Austin and across the nation. He has been right about one thing this whole time, people...

He IS the #1 Texans fan...
Old 04-09-2010   #108
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Woah...

McClain reported something accurate. Mad respect to John McClain for the kind words about Joe Texan. I'm really happy news has gotten out that shows Joe Texan is loved in Houston and Austin and across the nation. He has been right about one thing this whole time, people...

He IS the #1 Texans fan...
I also respect John McClain for mentioning Joe. That was kind.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #109
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I also respect John McClain for mentioning Joe. That was kind.
He said Joe's buddy Glen , alerted him .

Round Dan
Old 04-09-2010   #110
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry Nitro, and no disrespect to JT,(he already knows how I feel about the #1 thing) BUT, NO ONE IS A #1 fan!!!!!!!!!!! It takes ALL Texan fans to make a fantastic fan base!! We have fantastic fans who are behind the scenes, not front and center, that do as much for us as all the rest of us put together. Anyone want to tell us who owns this message board??
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #111
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Sorry Nitro, and no disrespect to JT,(he already knows how I feel about the #1 thing) BUT, NO ONE IS A #1 fan!!!!!!!!!!! It takes ALL Texan fans to make a fantastic fan base!! We have fantastic fans who are behind the scenes, not front and center, that do as much for us as all the rest of us put together. Anyone want to tell us who owns this message board??
Can there be a tie ?

Round Dan
Old 04-09-2010   #112
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Did you sit in the middle of the black hole and get out alive?

C'mon now, grandma... For now Joe's our number one fan. We are all rooting for him right now, are we not? How about we resume the bickering of who's the #1 fan after Joe gets out of the hospital? Maybe?
Old 04-09-2010   #113
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
He said Joe's buddy Glen , alerted him .
I emailed McClain this morning..

Not sure what time I'm going yet, and yes I did think about firing up the pit in the lobby.
Old 04-10-2010   #114
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Wow ... thanks for the info .

All tailgating will consist of grilled Salmon and zuchini from now on .
Time for me to plan my trip to the other side of the pond then, since the tailgating just went vegetarian
Old 04-10-2010   #115
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the updates everyone, please keep them coming.

Much respect to McClain for mentioning Joe.
Old 04-10-2010   #116
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

I went to visit Joe today. He's suffering from terrible headaches and at one point his blood pressure was at 174/(didn't see the bottom number). During the time I was there though it did drop to 136/??? He is super tired. In fact he was sleeping when I got there and nodded off while I was in the room. He didn't touch his lunch the entire time I was there.

Doctor Jean is gonna keep tabs on Joe, Joe's charts and speak with Joe's doctor, which is awesome!!! Thanks Doc!!!!
Old 04-10-2010   #117
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Sorry, I had to take a phone call.......

Anyway, he is extremely gratefull for all the prayers and support y'all have given and shown. He understands just how lucky he is - not only to make it through this relatively unscaved and how lucky he is having all the support of the greatest fans ever.
Old 04-10-2010   #118
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 59406 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the update TB! We are all pulling for Joe.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #119
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Get well soon, JT. God Bless You.
Old 04-10-2010   #120
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Get well soon, JT. God Bless You.
Right on!!!!! Thanks, he really appreciates it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read