Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 04-13-2010   #181
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prayers for Joe Texan to get well

We're still waiting for a room to open up on the floor to transfer Joe out of the ICU. No time has been wasted waiting though. He is now solely on oral blood pressure medicine and holding well.............~115/70 (true throw down numbers). If he does any better, we'll be treating him for shock. Hospital protocol does allow discharge directly from the ICU. However, looks like, at this point, transfer to the floors will only be a formality to the road leading to discharge.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010   #182
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Fantastic news! Thanks for keeping us informed. I am sure Joe understands that he will need to make some lifestyle changes, and that will be hard but I am sure he will get plenty of help.

Joe will be hanging pinata's before long...
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010   #183
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

While I was speaking to Joe, his floor room opened up in 22 Tower bed 6..............after all the preliminary excitement, pointed out that's a female room. [Not a joke!] Joe didn't have a problem with that (does that surprise anyone?) But unfortunately, we have to start all over and find another MALE room now for transfer............hospital protocol, you know.

He may remain in the hospital an extra day or so for a relatively minor issue unrelated to the stroke. Sort of "while in the neighborhood," should take care of it type of thing.
Old 04-13-2010   #184
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70215 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
up!! Is that what you're tryin to do! lol

I can assure you, and everyone else who seems to think that nurses are EVIL, that we understand you needs, and complaints, much better than any of you know. I belong to a THANKLESS profession, and that's really sad. I can assure you, I will go to work tonight, work my butt off for 12 solid hours, give 100% of myself to my profession, and not have ONE patient or family member say "thank you!" Just about the most unappreciated profession out there! JMO!
I'd be the last person in the world to suggest that nurses are evil. The professionals who work in the ICU area in particular have a terribly difficult job. It's the nature of hospitals caring for so many people that makes bad things happen--not so much through malice but because there's a lot of stuff going on, and the docs/nurses may not know the patient's needs. It's helpful to have a sensible family member to help with the small things that the patient may not be able to do for themselves or even request from the hospital staff.

I am still messed up from the hospital experience I saw. I don't think I can ever be right about medical stuff again. Caring for a loved one in the ICU for 7 months will get you seeing things you can never unsee, because if you are in a hospital long enough, you will see really really bad, almost unfathomable stuff. I'm sure doctors and nurses see much worse. It was just hard for me because my sister was my oldest friend in the world, and it was bad to see her be in almost constant fear and pain.

I appreciate doctors and nurses more than most, but I dearly hope I don't need their services.
Old 04-13-2010   #185
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Joe finally made it to the floor..........Y2211-1.
Old 04-13-2010   #186
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sweet. He was supposed to call me sometime today to tell me where he got moved to, so I could visit. Anyway, I guess I'll visit tomorrow.
Old 04-13-2010   #187
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Sweet. He was supposed to call me sometime today to tell me where he got moved to, so I could visit. Anyway, I guess I'll visit tomorrow.
Bill, I am sure you will anyways, but please give Joe all our get well wishes and prayers. And tell him God Bless, and is it time to sneak him a shot?
Sponsored links
Old 04-13-2010   #188
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Bill, I am sure you will anyways, but please give Joe all our get well wishes and prayers. And tell him God Bless, and is it time to sneak him a shot?
Probably so and I always do send well wishes and prayers from Texan's Nation.

As far as the shot, Dr. Jean would have my azzzzzz!!!
Old 04-13-2010   #189
JB
Old Curmudgeon

[quote=Texan_Bill;1405204As far as the shot, Dr. Jean would have my azzzzzz!!! [/QUOTE]

Better yours than mine!
Old 04-13-2010   #190
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Better yours than mine!
Dude, if anything happens, I'm taking down as many people as I can...... JB included.
Old 04-13-2010   #191
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Dude, if anything happens, I'm taking down as many people as I can...... JB included.
Wha?! Who me? I will deny it to the end! Everyone knows how innocent I am! Truly!

damn, even my keyboard knew I was lying!
Old 04-14-2010   #192
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23727 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yay! Keep on getting better Joe. Our thoughts and prayers continue for a speedy and full recovery.

I don't personally know anyone on this board except throught the posts, but
everyone is, in a way part of an extended family. When something happends, the uncertainty in not knowing is what causes the most grief.

Thanks CloakNNNdagger for keeping us updated on a regular basis. Your constant updates have helped a lot of us. Props to you if I could. Thanks!!
Old 04-14-2010   #193
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Quote:
Probably so and I always do send well wishes and prayers from Texan's Nation.

As far as the shot, Dr. Jean would have my azzzzzz!!!
Quote:
Better yours than mine!
Quote:
Wha?! Who me? I will deny it to the end! Everyone knows how innocent I am! Truly!
JUST TRY IT. GO AHEAD, BOTH OF YOU.........MAKE MY DAY!!!!!!!!

Old 04-14-2010   #194
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Joe had a little setback last night. He put out an anxious call to me at 1:45 a.m. He was again experiencing another episode of extreme headache accompanied this time with some chest pains. His blood pressure shot up to 180/100. I spoke to the nurse and we checked his oxygen levels which were satisfactory, and cardiac monitoring that showed no unusual event, and gave him an IV blood pressure med along with an oral strong pain medicantion. By 5 a.m. Joe was again well blood pressure-controlled and was sleeping. It appears that he will ultimately need a combination of longer acting blood pressure medications or a regimen of a.m. and p.m. split dosing to maintain 24hour stability. This sometimes bumpy period of transition from ICU continous IV blood pressure meds to oral med regulation is not terribly unusual. It varies from patient-to-patient and situation-to-situation. And that is why we have to leave an open-ended period of time for a time of discharge.

Earlier last night, Joe told me that he was being "BOMBARDED" with wonderful e-Greetings, and that it has really served to keep him busy and keep his spirits high.
Old 04-14-2010   #195
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Joe had a little setback last night. He put out an anxious call to me at 1:45 a.m. He was again experiencing another episode of extreme headache accompanied this time with some chest pains. His blood pressure shot up to 180/100. I spoke to the nurse and we checked his oxygen levels which were satisfactory, and cardiac monitoring that showed no unusual event, and gave him an IV blood pressure med along with an oral strong pain medicantion. By 5 a.m. Joe was again well blood pressure-controlled and was sleeping. It appears that he will ultimately need a combination of longer acting blood pressure medications or a regimen of a.m. and p.m. split dosing to maintain 24hour stability. This sometimes bumpy period of transition from ICU continous IV blood pressure meds to oral med regulation is not terribly unusual. It varies from patient-to-patient and situation-to-situation. And that is why we have to leave an open-ended period of time for a time of discharge.

Earlier last night, Joe told me that he was being "BOMBARDED" with wonderful e-Greetings, and that it has really served to keep him busy and keep his spirits high.
Thanks again CND for updates! Something that I have not seen mentioned is how grateful each of us should be for our health. Yes, each of us have some minor issues & some maybe major but I am thankful for how well I have it healthwise and in this economy, I am thankful or my job.
Old 04-14-2010   #196
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Still praying for you Joe! You're in good hands with Doc Jean keeping an eye on you, and with so many friends sending up prayers to the Almighty! Hang in there!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010   #197
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, I echo the thanks for the updates, Its very comforting to know he is in good hands and that he will get through this. I live in Austin and I am grateful for you info Claok, I met you once along time ago and hope to see you again so I can thanks you in person.
Joe, keep on trucking my man!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010   #198
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

You know I am pretty new to this board, so i dont know all of you on a personal level, but my thoughts and prayers are with Joe and his family. I have never met him, but believe i sure have seen him on TV (I mean you can't miss the guy!).
Hoping for the best, I am glad that he is out of ICU. From reading the thread, it appears that he had a heart attack? Is that true?
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010   #199
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
You know I am pretty new to this board, so i dont know all of you on a personal level, but my thoughts and prayers are with Joe and his family. I have never met him, but believe i sure have seen him on TV (I mean you can't miss the guy!).
Hoping for the best, I am glad that he is out of ICU. From reading the thread, it appears that he had a heart attack? Is that true?
His original presentation was stroke with high blood pressure. With this most recent episode, for reasons of thoroughness, we're having Cardiology check him out to rule out either "heart attack" or blod clot traveling from the legs to the lungs. At this point in time, I would venture the opinion that he has incurrred neither, and that finer control of his blood pressure meds should prevent a recurrent episode. But we will wait until all data is in later today.

He just woke up and his blood pressure remains at desireable levels. I spoke to him and he reports that his headache is back to the expected dull ache level and he is feeling MUCH better.
Old 04-14-2010   #200
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
JUST TRY IT. GO AHEAD, BOTH OF YOU.........MAKE MY DAY!!!!!!!!

That's scary..

However, we already had this conversation .. Tough love... Tough love!

Quote:

Dang!! I'm just catching up and saw this. That sucks, but it probably explains why he never called me...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read