Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-06-2010   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Possibility: Haynesworth on trade block?

Matt Schaub just threw up in his mouth on the possibility of this, although highly unlikely given his ridiculous contract:

Quote:
Jason La Canfora of NFL.com recently reported that he expects the Redskins to continue to try to trade the man with the four-year, $48 million contract. John Clayton of ESPN.com believes that Haynesworth could return to the Titans, the team with which he spent his first seven NFL seasons.
LINK
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Possibility: Haynesworth back to the Titans?

MS aint scared!!!
Maybe Rick is on the phone with his old friends though.

So let's play. What would it take to get Haynesworth?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

What a goofy scenerio. Who would want that contract and nevermind that he didn't do much last season but be hurt....
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck on engineering that trade. If I'm an opposing team I'd say ...well I'd take your 4th to take on that miserable contract.

Only way Albert gets out of Washington is if he agrees to restructure his contract if that's even possible.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Haynesworth in Bush's D would be like peas and carrots.
Old 04-06-2010   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd give up Okoye for him .
Old 04-06-2010   #7
Hooston Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1284 Hooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHooston Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Haynesworth's contract is really a 4 year, $48 million deal. The Skins and his agent added meaningless years at the end to make it a $100 million deal, but the team has an option to terminate after 4 years. Still alot of money, but not the astronomical deal reported when he signed it.

2. Fat Albert and the Skins renegotiated the deal a few weeks ago to alter the cap ramifications (assuming the cap returns) by pushing much of the cap charges into this capless season.

3. If the accounts of the McNabb trade negotiations are correct, the Redskins offered him to the Eagles for McNabb. The Eagles refused, so the Skins improved their offer with a second rounder instead. That should give an indication of how they value him.

So here's the question--should we offer the Skins our second rounder for Haynesworth? I'd actually consider it--especially if we can get that ***** Snyder to pony up, say, $9 million (making him a $9 million/year player for us instead of $12 million) to defray his contract. I see us going some combination of DT/CB/S/RB in rounds 1-4 anyway, so why not use the second to get a guy who, even when unmotivated by a contract year, is a better player than any other DT on the board other than Suh/McCoy? If motivated, Haynesworth is the best DT in football. And heck, I might just do it to keep him from going back to the Tacks.
Hooston Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2010   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post
1. Haynesworth's contract is really a 4 year, $48 million deal. The Skins and his agent added meaningless years at the end to make it a $100 million deal, but the team has an option to terminate after 4 years. Still alot of money, but not the astronomical deal reported when he signed it.

2. Fat Albert and the Skins renegotiated the deal a few weeks ago to alter the cap ramifications (assuming the cap returns) by pushing much of the cap charges into this capless season.

3. If the accounts of the McNabb trade negotiations are correct, the Redskins offered him to the Eagles for McNabb. The Eagles refused, so the Skins improved their offer with a second rounder instead. That should give an indication of how they value him.

So here's the question--should we offer the Skins our second rounder for Haynesworth? I'd actually consider it--especially if we can get that ***** Snyder to pony up, say, $9 million (making him a $9 million/year player for us instead of $12 million) to defray his contract. I see us going some combination of DT/CB/S/RB in rounds 1-4 anyway, so why not use the second to get a guy who, even when unmotivated by a contract year, is a better player than any other DT on the board other than Suh/McCoy? If motivated, Haynesworth is the best DT in football. And heck, I might just do it to keep him from going back to the Tacks.
Great idea. I'd do it so he could play Tennessee twice a year.
Old 04-06-2010   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooston Texan View Post

I like this idea, but I think a second is a bit too high for him due to the size of his contract and the size of his ass. It seems to me that the Redskins don't want him for some reason, which means he may be more of a bargain than we think. Whether he doesn't fit in Shanny's system, or his contract is too expensive, or a combination of the two, I think it would be foolish to not offer at least a 3rd for him to get the ball rolling.

A more likely trade may be giving the Redskins a late round pick and Jacoby Jones for him. Jacoby is in his last year, and the Redskins are hurting for WRs, but the Texans have their 1 and 2 WRs set for the next few years. Jacoby had a pretty good year in 09 and he looks like he could be a viable #2 in the right offense, plus Kyle Shanahan is familiar with him and knows he has potential.
Old 04-06-2010   #10
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it's Arrington that has a radio show up in the DC area and he blasted AH not so very long ago.

Said he was lazy.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #11
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79638 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Fisher has officially washed his hands of Al. Even if he wanted him back, I suspect there are hard feelings over the likelihood, even if unproven and unsubstantiated, that Al negotiated before 12 midnight.

After watching Fisher nail VY to the bench for an entire season plus part of the next one, he clearly doesn't forget.

Add in the crappy season turned in by Al after he got his cash? I doubt I even want him back as a Titan fan.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #12
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

If by some long shot deal the Texans would acquire Haynesworth, it would put an end to the image of "Texans as Nice Guys". As I understand it, if you scrape off the outer layer of jackass from Fat Albert, you would come to a solid core of more jackass.
Old 04-06-2010   #13
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Al can go anywhere he wants to just as long as I don't have to see him double teamed by some combination of Myers and one of our OG's twice per year.

I dislike the man but he's very, very disruptive and I was happy to see him leave the division.

If Washington can't move him, I wonder if he's going to go back to being a turd since he'll be stuck playing the nose in a 3-4....
Old 04-06-2010   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Considering we have to play AH in Washington, might be a good idea to see if we can get him on our side.
Old 04-06-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Al can go anywhere he wants to just as long as I don't have to see him double teamed by some combination of Myers and one of our OG's twice per year.

I dislike the man but he's very, very disruptive and I was happy to see him leave the division.

If Washington can't move him, I wonder if he's going to go back to being a turd since he'll be stuck playing the nose in a 3-4....
What do you mean " go back" ? He aint never left!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #16
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
What do you mean " go back" ? He aint never left!
Darn fine point, JB.

Maybe I should have said "go back to being an uber-turd"
Old 04-06-2010   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't care about his being a turd. Dude is tailor made for what Bush wants to do. Stick him Mario, Smith and Barwin out there and you would see some big eyed QBs including Manning. Washington did the overpayment contract now get the benefit with the regime change and take only the back end of the deal. Won't happen most likely but it would be great.
Old 04-06-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Don't care about his being a turd. Dude is tailor made for what Bush wants to do. Stick him Mario, Smith and Barwin out there and you would see some big eyed QBs including Manning. Washington did the overpayment contract now get the benefit with the regime change and take only the back end of the deal. Won't happen most likely but it would be great.
Absolutely he would look good in our DL.
Old 04-06-2010   #19
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You'll get no argument from me. I'd be content to say "Yes, he's a turd. But he's OUR turd" as he flattens Peyton.

Can you imagine Fat Al getting a big push up the middle with Mario coming around on the end? QB's would have no place to go. No "hidey hole" in the center's back pocket because our DT's were getting no push.

I just don't speculate on it because the potential implications for our D are so freakin' awesome yet the possibility of it happening is so low as to be inconceivable to me.
Old 04-06-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
You'll get no argument from me. I'd be content to say "Yes, he's a turd. But he's OUR turd" as he flattens Peyton.

Can you imagine Fat Al getting a big push up the middle with Mario coming around on the end? QB's would have no place to go. No "hidey hole" in the center's back pocket because our DT's were getting no push.

I just don't speculate on it because the potential implications for our D are so freakin' awesome yet the possibility of it happening is so low as to be inconceivable to me.
Actually, might not be so far-fetched. You know if Shanny is going to trade him, they would not mind getting him out of the NFC, and Shanny and Smithiak do have a good relationship. We do need a DT. We have a piece or two they might be interested in. Stranger things have happened!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read