Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 04-05-2010   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2 scenarios by a crazy man named slatonisabeast

i just wanted to throw my 2 cents out there even tho it may make me sound crazy

i will start off with the negitive.... since i see this happening
the draft.... we draft a corner in the first round and let runing back slip tell 3-4th round and our pick is not the greatest back but is ok.

i see matt schaub geting hurt because the other teams know that our runing game is not that great so they know that we throw at least 70% of the time
i noticed that when other teams dont have a runing game the defence decides to blitz alot more so matt schaub may get hurt and i hate to say it i see him geting hurt because our o line is not the best

best scenario
we draft ryan mathews he turns out to be a stud and matt thos not have to throw that much maby 40 - 50% but the thing is the defence will have to step up because of the rookie corner but we make it to the playoffs..

let the criticism begin!
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #2
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2 scenarios by a crazy man named slatonisabeast

i got relly bord when i posted this and im regreating it before i see any posts lol
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #4
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66536 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post

the draft.... we draft a corner in the first round and let runing back slip tell 3-4th round and our pick is not the greatest back but is ok.

i see matt schaub geting hurt because the other teams know that our runing game is not that great so they know that we throw at least 70% of the time
i noticed that when other teams dont have a runing game the defence decides to blitz alot more so matt schaub may get hurt and i hate to say it i see him geting hurt because our o line is not the best

best scenario
we draft ryan mathews he turns out to be a stud and matt thos not have to throw that much maby 40 - 50% but the thing is the defence will have to step up because of the rookie corner but we make it to the playoffs..

let the criticism begin!
The Texans had more prolific running games in both 2007 & 2008 than they did in 2009.

The Texans saw Matt Schaub miss 5 games each in 2007 and 2008, and no games in 2009.
Old 04-05-2010   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Stop with the threads already.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #6
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Any team can play the "What if..?" game all day long. How about this one, what if when the other team decides to blitz all day and we decide to throw some screen passes? What if AJ catches the ball and then Cris Angels his Texans' jersey and there is a jersey of the other team under it?!?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a sun burn while fishing Saturday.
Old 04-05-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I got a sun burn while fishing Saturday.
And did you burn the fish Saturday night?
Old 04-05-2010   #9
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss

sig-False Start
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the biggest difference in our running game were the injuries in '09 vs. ZERO injuries in '08. It's uncommon to go 16 games with the same 5 guys like we did in '08. This line is better at pass blocking than run blocking, all the way down in my opinion. I also pray that Schaub doesn't get injured, AT ALL.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #11
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a better OL is the best way to keep Schaub healthy.

I also think that a better OL is the best way to get a productive running game.

Therefore I think we should invest in one or two interior lineman in the early rounds of this draft.
Old 04-05-2010   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
And did you burn the fish Saturday night?
LOL, nah, caught and released them. I've been too lazy the past few times out.
Old 04-05-2010   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I need to get down to Matagorda soon. Oh that reminds me, I need to get a new fishing license. This thread is awesome now.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
You need to catch a mess of crappie and bluegill and cook em fresh for dining heaven.
Old 04-05-2010   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
You need to catch a mess of crappie and bluegill and cook em fresh for dining heaven.
I did one of those just last year. Gutted and scaled about 20, flopped them on the pit and ate'em that night. It was nice for everyone else, but after cleaning all of them mixed with about a 12 pack, I didn't get much but a few scraps. It was all good though.
Old 04-05-2010   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was eating at Pappadeaux last night and saw a really beautiful Blue Marlin on their wall. I've always wanted one; anybody know how much it costs for a fishing guide/excursion to go catch one? I also understand you can't keep them anymore and all the 'mounts' are replicas? Any info on how much that costs would be awesome too. I'd love to go catch one.

:iheartthisthread:
Old 04-05-2010   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I was eating at Pappadeaux last night and saw a really beautiful Blue Marlin on their wall. I've always wanted one; anybody know how much it costs for a fishing guide/excursion to go catch one? I also understand you can't keep them anymore and all the 'mounts' are replicas? Any info on how much that costs would be awesome too. I'd love to go catch one.

No, but check the re-sale and garage sales. You can find one occasionally.

Unless, you really want to go catch one of dem things.

Old 04-05-2010   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, but check the re-sale and garage sales. You can find one occasionally.

Unless, you really want to go catch one of dem things.

Booo, you can't do that. That's like getting Schaub's autograph for $10 on eBay! Gotta get that bad boy in person.
Old 04-05-2010   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post

This is true. They replicate them by pictures, weight and length. I've been a few times and have been shut out as far as marlins are concerned. I've caught a seas bass, derado and a buch of barracuda. Needless to say, I love my bass fishin so I've been unimpressed with all my deep sea excursions.
Old 04-05-2010   #20
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post

best scenario

let the criticism begin!

Your mock drafts are getting better but just because you have a thought regarding the Texans doesn't mean you have to start a new thread. Continue to work on your spelling and grammar.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read