Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-06-2010   #101
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fast Mock Draft 2.0

With the 20th overall selection in this years draft, the Houston Texans select:

Ryan Mathews
Running Back
Fresno State
5'11" / 218 lbs

The Texans were 30th in rushing last season, and one of those reasons was not having a legitimate running back. Steve Slaton being injured, partially caused massive turnovers and game changing results.

Mathews is a legit every-down back who can share carries with Slaton to give the Texans the 1-2 punch they have been desperately looking for since their inception as a franchise. Knows how to pass block, and can even get out in the flats and catch a pass. Will break tackles and get us the tough yards between the tackles that we so desperately need.

I also considered Kyle Wilson who was recently selected. Earl Thomas who has already been selected. Devin McCourty who is still on the board. Taylor Mays who is still on the board, but rates out as more of a SS. In the end I chose a player who would fill one of our biggest needs, and was the higher rated player on my board.

Never really considered Iupati in round 1 (even though he was just selected) since we signed Wade Smith, and have Mike Brisiel coming back. Possibly Chester Pitts as well.

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #102
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

NOOOOO!!

Not a Mathews fan.

Oh well, you better get the OL, DT and CB sorted the rest of the draft!

Last edited by kiwitexansfan; 04-06-2010 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Stupidity
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #103
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
NOOOOO!!

Not a Mathews fan.

Damnit. The original post asked who the Falcons picked.

Derrick Morgan.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #104
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Damnit. The original post asked who the Falcons picked.

Derrick Morgan.
Haha, indeed it did, I went too fast through the posts.

Good pick for them.
Old 04-06-2010   #105
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
NOOOOO!!

Not a Mathews fan.

lol ill see what I can do.

I know people are split on this kid, but I felt like with my options available, fixing the RB position was the thing to do.
Old 04-06-2010   #106
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
lol ill see what I can do.

I know people are split on this kid, but I felt like with my options available, fixing the RB position was the thing to do.
Actually with who was available you weren't exactly spoilt for choice. If your not feeling Pouncey, your kind of stuck with Mathews.
Old 04-06-2010   #107
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Man this mock is really making me realize how much I'd like the Texans to trade down. The talent just isn't THAT much better than late 1st early second. I'd be leaning towards Mathews in this situation as well.

Sorry for the delay. I'll come up with a pick in a couple minutes.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2010   #108
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cincinnati Bengals select Sergio Kendle, LB from The University of Texas.

Wow, where do I begin? TE is a need and that's the most popular pick for us but I just can't bring myself to pick any of these TE's at 21 overall. FS could use an upgrade but Thomas is gone, Nate Allen seems to be a reach. Taylor Mays is a popular name for this selection, but I can't spend the 21st overall pick on a guy I'm not convinced is going to be a significant upgrade over Chinedum Ndukwe or Roy Williams at SS. DT could use a guy but Price is starting to worry me here and Odrick seems a bit overrated here. I really wanted to take Dez Bryant but feel like I need to pass since I just spent some capital on Antonio Bryant to pair with Ochocinco. Wasn't too keen on any OG prospects right here so... I chose Kindle because he's every much the athlete and prospect of anyone on the board. He can rush the passer, chase the ball carrier, drop into coverage and cover those TE's.
Old 04-06-2010   #109
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 22nd pick the Patriots take the BPA, who plays a need position, in Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State.

It is reported that Tom Brady tried to do the robot after hearing the news.
Old 04-06-2010   #110
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
With the 22nd pick the Patriots take the BPA, who plays a need position, in Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State.

I was hoping he was going to keep falling all the way to the Jets. Hard to believe he lasted this long.
Old 04-06-2010   #111
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
The Cincinnati Bengals select Sergio Kendle, LB from The University of Texas.

Wow, where do I begin? TE is a need and that's the most popular pick for us but I just can't bring myself to pick any of these TE's at 21 overall. FS could use an upgrade but Thomas is gone, Nate Allen seems to be a reach. Taylor Mays is a popular name for this selection, but I can't spend the 21st overall pick on a guy I'm not convinced is going to be a significant upgrade over Chinedum Ndukwe or Roy Williams at SS. DT could use a guy but Price is starting to worry me here and Odrick seems a bit overrated here. I really wanted to take Dez Bryant but feel like I need to pass since I just spent some capital on Antonio Bryant to pair with Ochocinco. Wasn't too keen on any OG prospects right here so... I chose Kindle because he's every much the athlete and prospect of anyone on the board. He can rush the passer, chase the ball carrier, drop into coverage and cover those TE's.
I feel your pain, these mid round picks have a lack of value for money.

I like Kindle, he'll find a way to contribute for them early and often.
Old 04-06-2010   #112
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Wow, Dez Bryant to the Patriots really isn't fair.... that's a great pick up.
Old 04-06-2010   #113
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Wow, Dez Bryant to the Patriots really isn't fair.... that's a great pick up.
Belichek better have his magic ready to cope with the personalities though.
Old 04-06-2010   #114
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Green Bay Packers select USC SS Taylor Mays.

[IMG]http://antonazucar.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/taylormay****.jpg[/IMG]
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #115
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
The Green Bay Packers select USC SS Taylor Mays.

[IMG]http://antonazucar.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/taylormay****.jpg[/IMG]
Great pick for them.
Old 04-06-2010   #116
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

I really like Atari Bigby, he and Mays make for a pretty rugged safety pairing.
Old 04-06-2010   #117
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

With 25th pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri

As the Eagles GM, I'm starting my second mock draft haul by selecting the best OLB in the draft, Mr. Whitey Tighties. While this doesn't solve all of our problems with the LB position, it's definitely a step in the right direction. Weatherspoon is a vocal leader with great size and speed. He's just the type of player we're looking for and we're very fortunate that he's still on the board at #25.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010   #118
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ravens select Jared Odrick .
Old 04-07-2010   #119
Blake
MMQB

26.) Arizona Cardinals - Texan4Ever - 7AM WEDS

27.) Dallas Cowboys - Kaiser Toro

28.) San Diego Chargers - steelbtexan

29.) New York Jets - The Pencil Neck - PM'ed his Pick.

30.) Minnesota Vikings - Honoring Earl 34
Old 04-07-2010   #120
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post

lol now thats funny.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read