Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-06-2010   #81
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fast Mock Draft 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
On mocks like this, I try to balance both. Like it is becoming cliche to draft physical freaks for the Raiders. But I would not do it, and believe that Al Davis may not do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
With the 14th pick, the Seahawks select...

Earl Thomas

The Seahawks have many needs, mostly on defense and with the top CB gone, Earl Thomas is the next best option. Thomas is the best safety available, fills a need for the Seahawks, and is a play maker Pete Carrol's defense is badly in need of.
Damn you...I knew he wouldnt make it to me, but a guy can dream...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #82
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And they paid Whitehurst Orlavsky money and gave up some draft picks for him. So, they want him at least as a primary backup.

It looks to me like they're setting up for taking a developmental QB. That doesn't necessarily mean here. They could draft a Clausen here or they could draft someone like Lefevre or Pike (or Colt or whomever). Then they could go into the season with Hasselbeck and Whitehurst with their new guy learning the ropes. Then next season, they ditch Hasselbeck and name the new guy as the starter and Whitehurst remains the backup.

UNLESS Whitehurst really surprises them and steps it up and wins the job this year and Hasselbeck becomes the backup.
Good points. I forgot that they gave up alot for Whitehurst.
Old 04-06-2010   #83
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Giants with their first round pick address their Offensive Line which lacks depth and is aging.

They believe that there is not good value at their other positions of need while their is a top rated OT still on the board. While there are some character concerns with this player, he is perhaps the most talented lineman in this years draft.

The Giants select Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

Old 04-06-2010   #84
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang you! I was afraid the Seahawks were going to pick up Spiller and he wouldn't make it to our other 1st (speaking as 49'ers GM)! I had Thomas written on the card a picture even input... and then backed out right before we got up to Goodell thinking Thomas had the better shot of slipping to 17.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #85
Blake
MMQB

steelbtexan was awesome and PM'ed me his pick since he will be gone for a few hours.

The Tennessee Titans Select: Everson Griffen, DE, USC

Old 04-06-2010   #86
Blake
MMQB

17.) San Francisco 49ers - Ole Miss Texan

18.) Pittsburgh Steelers - steelbtexan

19.) Atlanta Falcons - RMartin65

20.) Houston Texans - Super Mario

21.) Cincinnati Bengals - Ole Miss Texan
Old 04-06-2010   #87
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
steelbtexan was awesome and PM'ed me his pick since he will be gone for a few hours.

The Tennessee Titans Select: Everson Griffen, DE, USC

I think Griffin should be a 2nd or 3rd rounder at best, doesn't have a high motor and seems lazy to me. Regardless, he fills a need for the Titans so not bad.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-06-2010   #88
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was surprised Griffin went before Graham.

I think Griffin went at the end of the 2nd in our last mock.
Old 04-06-2010   #89
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I think Griffin should be a 2nd or 3rd rounder at best, doesn't have a high motor and seems lazy to me. Regardless, he fills a need for the Titans so not bad.
The Titans march to the beat of a different drum come draft day. Works for them.
Old 04-06-2010   #90
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The San Francisco 49'ers select Kyle Wilson, CB from Boise St. University.

Old 04-06-2010   #91
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I was surprised Griffin went before Graham.

I think Griffin went at the end of the 2nd in our last mock.
I like Graham more than Griffin, but for the Tacks, Griffin actually sounds like a better pick.

Griffin is bigger and a bit faster which sounds like a Titan DE. Graham has a non-stop motor, but is a little smaller which I think makes him a little bit less desireable. But they are both first round picks in my eyes.

Also what is Derrick Morgan doing on the board still? I figured he would be a top 15 pick.
Old 04-06-2010   #92
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I like Graham more than Griffin, but for the Tacks, Griffin actually sounds like a better pick.

Griffin is bigger and a bit faster which sounds like a Titan DE. Graham has a non-stop motor, but is a little smaller which I think makes him a little bit less desireable. But they are both first round picks in my eyes.

Also what is Derrick Morgan doing on the board still? I figured he would be a top 15 pick.
He did not by any chance send you the Pittsburgh pick as well? Because I am ready to make the Falcons pick, I am in a no lose situation here!
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #93
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
He did not by any chance send you the Pittsburgh pick as well? Because I am ready to make the Falcons pick, I am in a no lose situation here!
Nope. Steelb is currently in this thread. He is on the clock for the Steelers.
Old 04-06-2010   #94
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 18th pick in the Mock NFL draft the Pittsgurgh Steelers select Mike Iupati OG Idaho

The Steelers are committed to getting back to their roots, a more physical, run 1st type offense. Iupati is a great place to start recapturing their tradition.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #95
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With the 18th pick in the Mock NFL draft the Pittsgurgh Steelers select Mike Iupati OG Idaho

The Steelers are committed to getting back to their roots, a more physical, run 1st type offense. Iupati is a great place to start recapturing their tradition.
Good pick. I like Iupati or Pouncey to the Stillers.
Old 04-06-2010   #96
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Atlanta Falcons select Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

I was stunned to see Morgan still available. He is the clear cut number 1 DE in the draft, and will boost the pass rush ability of the Falcons.

Last edited by rmartin65; 04-06-2010 at 06:01 PM.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #97
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Griffen has the build and speed that the Titans look for in their DE's. Fisher played at USC and selected a USC guy.

I know that Griffin fell to the 2nd rd in the other mock. That was a mistake. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #98
Blake
MMQB

FYI I will be making my pick for the Texans later when I get home from work.
Old 04-06-2010   #99
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Jacksonville Jaguars select -
QB Jimmy Clausen
:/ Really?

I mean are the Jags really that unhappy with Garrard, whom they recently gave a pretty big contract that they'd go after Clausen in the first!?

Wouldn't surprise me to see them go defense.

Last edited by Goldensilence; 04-06-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #100
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Good pick. I like Iupati or Pouncey to the Stillers.
I will make my pick for the Bengals later tonight (obviously after the Texans)... gotta read up on them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read