Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-14-2010   #481
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fast Mock Draft 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I'm going to ask if TPN can explain Byers selection here.

I've seen him projected as a 7th Rounder or even a Free Agent after the draft.
He wanted Tony Washington, but he got chosen the pick before.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010   #482
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The San Francisco 49'ers select Kyle Calloway OT, Iowa.

As GM I'm committed to building a dominant OL for our running game. Solid play from our OL and RBs will only help our passing game. With the additions of Jerry and Calloway, I'm on my way of doing just that. Jerry may slide inside to G if Calloway looks like he can be my RT.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010   #483
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Denver Broncos select Taylor Price WR, Ohio.

Broncos have put off the WR due to a combination of other needs and higher rated players. Lucky for us, rounds 2-4 look to have the best value at this position. The speedy Price should fit in nicely with our offense.
Old 04-14-2010   #484
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm going to ask if TPN can explain Byers selection here.

I've seen him projected as a 7th Rounder or even a Free Agent after the draft.
There are a lot of questions about Byers. He's had some health issues over the years. He can play both guard spots as well as center. He's rated as high as a 4th rounder (Walter Football and CBS Sports) and as low as a FA (NFL Draft Scout). He's a talented kid and I had him at 111th on my board and the highest rated interior linemen.

Felt like a good fit to me.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #485
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
There are a lot of questions about Byers. He's had some health issues over the years. He can play both guard spots as well as center. He's rated as high as a 4th rounder (Walter Football and CBS Sports) and as low as a FA (NFL Draft Scout). He's a talented kid and I had him at 111th on my board and the highest rated interior linemen.

Felt like a good fit to me.
Thanks for the clarification. Versatility is gold so I can see the appeal.
Old 04-15-2010   #486
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Giants really were set to draft a player they really like here (who won't be named in hope they are forgotten by the other teams and he slides to the 5th round) when they realised that while there was still value at that position, but Safety was getting a bit thin. So they snapped up......

Myron Lewis, Vanderbilt, FS

Old 04-15-2010   #487
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Seeing some good players still coming off the boards. Good work everyone.

116.) Pittsburgh Steelers - steelbtexan

117.) Atlanta Falcons - RMartin65

118.) Houston Texans - Super Mario

119.) New England Patriots - Kaiser Toro

120.) Cincinnati Bengals - Ole Miss Texan
Sponsored links
Old 04-15-2010   #488
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Glad I got in before you picked from my PM, If I recall correctly Lewis was my 6th choice or so.
Old 04-15-2010   #489
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 116th pick in theNFL draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select Robert Johnson Utah.

I started to pick a WR but with Randel El rejoining the Steelers and hopefully Sweed becomes the player he was drafted to be I decided to go in another direction.

We saw how bad the Steeler secondary needed playmakers when TP got hurt last year. Adding AOA and Johnson helps solve that issue. Johnson was also the highest ratedplayer on my board. He's a playmaker.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #490
Blake
MMQB

rmartin needs to make his pick so I can get the Texans pick posted!

Any guesses?
Old 04-15-2010   #491
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
rmartin needs to make his pick so I can get the Texans pick posted!

Any guesses?
I would guess you are looking at the interior of the line
Old 04-15-2010   #492
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

They could use a OG Ciron Black,

S Darian Stewart

CB Javier Arenas
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010   #493
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I would guess you are looking at the interior of the line
Which line ?
Old 04-15-2010   #494
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

A TE just in case Daniels can't go.

Anthony McCoy, USC
Old 04-15-2010   #495
Blake
MMQB

I doubt we finish round 5 at this pace... We are picking as slow as the last mock. And the entire point of this mock was to have less users picking for more teams to speed things up.

What does everyone think? Try for round 5?
Old 04-15-2010   #496
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

I'm keen for another round. We need more people committed to PMing their picks.
Old 04-15-2010   #497
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182216 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm keen for another round. We need more people committed to PMing their picks.
Let's go 5 ... in a week it will be over anyway .

We talked about the McCluster pick being a luxury pick , well there's two guys on the board who I'd consider the same but I would pick them in the 4th round . One's Dorin Dickerson , who I'd pick for the Texans . An undersized TE/HB who runs a 4.4 , he's like that guy on the Jets from Purdue , who I think was picked in the 2nd .
Old 04-15-2010   #498
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

For the Texans, I might go OL or DT. DT may offer better value with the players available. Need a penetrator not a run stuffer.
Old 04-15-2010   #499
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I doubt we finish round 5 at this pace... We are picking as slow as the last mock. And the entire point of this mock was to have less users picking for more teams to speed things up.

What does everyone think? Try for round 5?
I don't have a preference. I've been picking for 3 teams that have a combined 15 picks in the first 4 rounds.... so I'm spent. LOL
Old 04-15-2010   #500
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright, back from class. The Falcons select Florida State OLB Dekoda Watson.

I have been looking to fill OLB for some time now, this seemed like a good spot for it.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read