Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-12-2010   #361
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fast Mock Draft 2.0

The Denver Broncos select JD Walton, C , Baylor.

Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #362
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

The Houston Texans Select:

Amari Spievey
Cornerback
Iowa
Height: 5-10⅞ | Weight: 195 | 40-Time: 4.51

Good tackler. Great in run-support.

Good upside. Physical. Good instincts.

Numbers were down this year, but that was because nobody threw to his side.

With the loss of Dunta Robinson, corner was high on my draft list. Didnt land an elite prospect in round 1, but Spievey in the 3rd is really good value in a deep draft.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #363
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks to everyone who chipped in keeping this draft rolling over the weeked. That was awesome.

Here are the next 5.

82.) Pittsburgh Steelers - steelbtexan - 9AM Mon

83.) Atlanta Falcons - RMartin65

84.) Cincinnati Bengals - Ole Miss Texan

85.) Cleveland Browns - Honoring Earl 34

86.) Green Bay Packers - RMartin65
Old 04-12-2010   #364
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Spievey is a good corner... but I'd like to see some big uglies in the first three rounds.
Old 04-12-2010   #365
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Spievey is a good corner... but I'd like to see some big uglies in the first three rounds.
I deffinately considered them in round 3. But the value and need were at corner. I will look at them again when some slip to me in round 4.
Old 04-12-2010   #366
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I deffinately considered them in round 3. But the value and need were at corner. I will look at them again when some slip to me in round 4.
Not sure 4th round players can contribute from day one.... I guess that depends on the player but the longer we leave it the larger the chance that we are playing with what we had last year and that wasn't so hot on the OL especially.
Old 04-12-2010   #367
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Not sure 4th round players can contribute from day one.... I guess that depends on the player but the longer we leave it the larger the chance that we are playing with what we had last year and that wasn't so hot on the OL especially.
I had to take into consideration that on the OL last year we were decimated with injuries. This year we have one, possibly 2 starting guards from last year coming back. We signed FA Wade Smith to compete and also our 3rd rounder from last year (Caldwell) is going to compete for a guard spot. I dont see that much difference in a guard or dlinemen from the 3rd round to the 4th.
Sponsored links
Old 04-12-2010   #368
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Santonio Holmes trade had it happened last week would've changed the Steelers draft board. With that said the Steelers are a Team that stays true to its draft board.

With the 82nd pick in the NFL mock draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select Alex Carrington DE Arkansas St.

With Travis Kirschke's impending retirement finding a DE is a must. Carrinton is a stud who really impressed me at the Sr.Bowl. Had he gone to Arkansas instead of Arkansas St. he probably would've been a late 1st rd. choice.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #369
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #370
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
lol

Old 04-12-2010   #371
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

SM

I think that Spievey will end up being one of the better CB's in this draft.

I read somewhere that the Iowa DB coach called Spievey the best DB he has coached. DB's he has coached include Bob Sanders and Charles Godfrey that I know of,that's a pretty good compliment.
Old 04-12-2010   #372
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love it if we could get Spievey in the 3rd. I don't think he will fall that far.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #373
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
SM

I think that Spievey will end up being one of the better CB's in this draft.

I read somewhere that the Iowa DB coach called Spievey the best DB he has coached. DB's he has coached include Bob Sanders and Charles Godfrey that I know of,that's a pretty good compliment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I would love it if we could get Spievey in the 3rd. I don't think he will fall that far.
I guess we can pray this happens then. This was part of my reasoning for drafting Burnett in round 2. And with such a deep draft a corner, there were still 5 corners on the board that I would have considered drafting in the 3rd. And when it turned out to be Speivey I was happier than a pig in mud.
Old 04-12-2010   #374
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Amari but no way rank him ahead of Toby Gerhart
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #375
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I would take Gerhart in the 4th. He is still on the board right?

There are some good RB's still left. I might have to double dip if the right one is there.
Old 04-12-2010   #376
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Where did that come from?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010   #377
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

BL is just professing his manlove for Gerhart.
Old 04-12-2010   #378
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Gerhart in the 3rd > Mathews in the 1st.

Just personal opinion.
Old 04-12-2010   #379
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Gerhart in the 3rd > Mathews in the 1st.

Just personal opinion.
Locking down Mathews in the 1st > Missing out on Gerhart in the 3rd.

Your opinion has been documented. Lets see what happens in the next few years.
Old 04-12-2010   #380
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Word!

I'll be making my pick shortly.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read