Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-11-2010   #321
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fast Mock Draft 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Clock stops on weekends.
Yes, it does.
Old 04-11-2010   #322
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bills are disappointed to see the two QBs they had targetted in this round get ninja'd from them.

Changing tacks the Bills continue to work to address the needs of their new defense. To do this they pick an edge rusher....

Koa Misi, OLB, Utah

kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #323
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I drafted this Tim Tebow , not that there's anything wrong with the other .

I have never been a fan of his in college, that rah rah stuff does not sit well with me. However, I am very intrigued to see how his skill set and undoubted heart will fare in the NFL.
Old 04-11-2010   #324
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Yes, it does.
We should think about changing that.

If you know that you're within 10 picks it seems as though you might want to check in once in the morning and once at night. or PM somebody with a list of your picks.

Not directed at anybody, just saying.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #325
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
The Bills are disappointed to see the two QBs they had targetted in this round get ninja'd from them.

Changing tacks the Bills continue to work to address the needs of their new defense. To do this they pick an edge rusher....

Koa Misi, OLB, Utah

Noooo!!! Dang it, I was hoping for him to fall a little more.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #326
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Noooo!!! Dang it, I was hoping for him to fall a little more.
Sorry about that. I just had to have a decent edge rusher to help the transition to 3-4. Dan Williams and Koa Misi = a decent shot in the arm to that Bills defense.
Old 04-11-2010   #327
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Via PM from Pencil Neck, the Miami Dolphins select Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma

Old 04-11-2010   #328
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With Smith and Davis drafted last year and Franks drafted this year the Dolphins can matchup with Brady and crew.

Good pick
Old 04-11-2010   #329
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have never been a fan of his in college, that rah rah stuff does not sit well with me. However, I am very intrigued to see how his skill set and undoubted heart will fare in the NFL.
I think he'll have to tone the rah rah stuff down and lead by example . I have no doubts about his intangibles and believe he can take a year or to under Holgrem and refine his mechanics . I think he brings everything to the QB position except the refined throwing mechanics and a 3rd round pick is a good gamble IMO .

I also think that Cleveland should be a team that's 4 yards and a cloud of dust or mud . They play in pretty bad conditions and to me Tebow is as mentally tough as anyone . I think the thing that will help him in the cold is he has 10 1/8 hands , Favre has 10 5/8 hands , Clausen has 9 inch hands , Alex Smith has 8 3/4 .
Old 04-11-2010   #330
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry about that. I just had to have a decent edge rusher to help the transition to 3-4. Dan Williams and Koa Misi = a decent shot in the arm to that Bills defense.
It was a good pick there, I would be really surprised if he lasts this long in the real draft.
Old 04-11-2010   #331
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
We should think about changing that.

If you know that you're within 10 picks it seems as though you might want to check in once in the morning and once at night. or PM somebody with a list of your picks.

Not directed at anybody, just saying.
I agree , a draft needs some flow to it or folks will lose interest . What keeps me going ... the Browns have three 3rd round picks .
Old 04-11-2010   #332
rmartin65
I'm Score

We all agreed to letting it pause on weekends. Personally, I lose interest when the group picks.
Old 04-11-2010   #333
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think he'll have to tone the rah rah stuff down and lead by example . I have no doubts about his intangibles and believe he can take a year or to under Holgrem and refine his mechanics . I think he brings everything to the QB position except the refined throwing mechanics and a 3rd round pick is a good gamble IMO .

I also think that Cleveland should be a team that's 4 yards and a cloud of dust or mud . They play in pretty bad conditions and to me Tebow is as mentally tough as anyone . I think the thing that will help him in the cold is he has 10 1/8 hands , Favre has 10 5/8 hands , Clausen has 9 inch hands , Alex Smith has 8 3/4 .
FWIW, I am not hating on your pick, the value here, nor the fit with Cleveland. I was considering him for the Pats with their last 2nd round pick, until Bryant and Gresham fell into their laps.
Old 04-11-2010   #334
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
FWIW, I am not hating on your pick, the value here, nor the fit with Cleveland. I was considering him for the Pats with their last 2nd round pick, until Bryant and Gresham fell into their laps.
I know , I was meaning to post this when I picked him . I also thought that this would be a nice shot in the arm for Cleveland for getting a two time national champ and Heisman winner . It would be like HWNSNBS , a guy that looks good on a billboard but has a better chance of success .

I like guys early who have won for many years . You ever hear of Bill Parcell's formula for drafting a QB ?

Quote:
1.He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.
2.He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously.
3.He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasn’t ephemeral and that he has lived as “the guy” for some period of time.
4.He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games.
Old 04-11-2010   #335
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

I really like the Tebow pick. I think he'll Vince Young it, look terrible but just win.
Old 04-11-2010   #336
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
I really like the Tebow pick. I think he'll Vince Young it, look terrible but just win.
Yep ... in basketball terms ... he's not a great shooter , he's a great scorer .

Tebow ... I'm betting will not be caught at a sausage party drinking tequila .
Old 04-11-2010   #337
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

So, I've got:

74. Jaguars - beerlover
75. Bears - Super Mario
76. Giants - kiwitexansfan (his picks have been PM'd)
77. Titans - steelbtexan (his picks have been PM'd)
78. Panthers - The Pencil Neck

I'll PM my picks to kiwi, KT, and texan4ever in a few minutes. But I know that Super Mario is not going to be on this weekend so we might get stuck right there.

Last edited by The Pencil Neck; 04-11-2010 at 12:41 PM.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #338
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Delete
Old 04-11-2010   #339
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

selecting #74 the Jacksonville Jaguars pick is - Perrish Cox, CB Oklahoma State

Del Rio needs to address secondary in pass happy AFC South & Perrish Cox is physical in run support & press coverage with excellent ball skills with flashes of playmaking instincts off turnovers & return game (rated #6 CB on Jags draft board). Quick to read & react, very physical with nice size 5'11 1/4" 195 Jag's have history of brushing maturity issues aside & will instead focus on Cox unique athletic playmaking abilities. Perish joins Derek Perrish (not-related) who the Jag's traded up for (reason why Jaq's do not have a 2nd rd. pick this year) to grab the other Cox #73 (almost identical draft slots) out of William & Mary who justified the move with four interceptions & 72 tackles as a rookie.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010   #340
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Right about where i figured he would be picked.

If he grows up and takes his job seriously Cox is as talented as any CB in this draft. IMHO

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read