Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-08-2010   #221
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fast Mock Draft 2.0

With the 53rd Pick the New England Patriots take Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida

Old 04-08-2010   #222
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With the 52nd pick in the NFL draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest

I had Ghee and Chris Cook rated the same. But with all of the Steelers problems with the law I decided that Ghee was the best choice for them.
Thats who I took for the Steelers in the 2nd of the last mock draft. Totally agree there.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #223
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was going to take Burnett for the Steelers. He's a great choice for the Texans.

I would've taken Asamoah.
Thanks. I saw Asamoah on the board, but was looking for some secondary help bad.
Old 04-08-2010   #224
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It comes down to who you think is the better player.

If you have Burnett and Asamoah rated =

Then you must have rated the need in the secodary greater than interior OL.

Cant really go wrong with either one.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #225
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy with Burnett.

As much as it is a good year for DTs, it is just me or is it a down year for MLB?
Old 04-08-2010   #226
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Those last two picks were the first picks of this draft that were a bit off my draft board.

(Pencils in mid 2nd as the point where value start to diverge amongst teams)
I had several other guys targetted here but they got took before I got up. But I have Bowman on my list right about this spot anyway. So he didn't seem like a huge reach to me.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #227
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got no problem with Burnett. I would have liked a CB. There are some good ones on the board right now.
Sponsored links
Old 04-08-2010   #228
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cincinati Bengals select Aaron Hernandez, TE from Florida.

Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010   #229
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've got no problem with Burnett. I would have liked a CB. There are some good ones on the board right now.
My sentiments exactly. With RB in the 1st, Secondary was probably the way to go. I was leaning towards a CB but Burnett/Pollard safety combo looks good.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #230
Blake
MMQB

Next 5.

55.) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75 7AM FRI

56.) Green Bay Packers - RMartin65 1PM FRI

57.) Baltimore Ravens - Honoring Earl 34

58.) Arizona Cardinals - Texan4Ever

59.) Dallas Cowboys - Kaiser Toro

Last edited by Blake; 04-09-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-09-2010   #231
Blake
MMQB

FYI I am going to be out of town this afternoon through this weekend so I wont have constant access to check this thread so yall will be in charge of it. Thx.
Old 04-09-2010   #232
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
FYI I am going to be out of town this afternoon through this weekend so I wont have constant access to check this thread so yall will be in charge of it. Thx.
We are doomed.
Old 04-09-2010   #233
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
We are doomed.
LOL

Has anybody gotten a PM from Shaft75?

Who are we going to PM our picks to this weekend?

Last edited by steelbtexan; 04-09-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-09-2010   #234
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL

Has anybody gotten a P from Shaft75?

Who are we going to PM our picks to this weekend?
I think he's on now .
Old 04-09-2010   #235
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm here, hold your hoses
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010   #236
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I'm here, hold your hoses
LOL, freudian slip there... "horses"
Old 04-09-2010   #237
Shaft75
Site Contributor

With the 55th pick, The Philadelphia Eagles select Jahvid Best, RB, California

Old 04-09-2010   #238
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
With the 55th pick, The Philadelphia Eagles select Jahvid Best, RB, California
Good pick

Man the Eagles have some speed at the skill positiions.

Jackson,Maclin,Best That's a big play waiting to happen.
Old 04-09-2010   #239
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I should be close to a computer all weekend if people want to PM me their picks...
Old 04-09-2010   #240
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I should be close to a computer all weekend if people want to PM me their picks...
Groooovy. Thanks Kiwi.

Reminder: Weekends: Clock stops, but picks can still be made.

Please try to keep this thing going over the weekend if possible. PM'ing your top 3-5 to Kiwi might be easiest for alot of yall.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read