Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-16-2010   #41
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200878 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cherry Picking another draft site....

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Walters has a new 6 round mock up

20. Earl Thomas FS (don't think he'll be around)
51. Ben Tate RB ( look familiar)
81. Amari Spievey CB
118. D'Anthony Smith DT
150. Blair White WR
187. Patrick Stoudamire CB
197. Alex Daniels DE

My Cherry Pick

20 Earl Thomas, FS, Texas
51 Dominique Franks, CB, Oklahoma
81 Zane Beadles, G/OT, Utah
118 Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford
150 Jeff Owens, DT, Georgia
187 Sergio Render, G, Virginia Tech
197 Stevenson Sylvester, OLB, Utah
I would like Walterfootball's draft OK except I'd like some interior OL in there somewhere. I don't see FS as much of a need of ours as RB or CB. Or even interior OL. I'd actually feel better about that draft if we took Pouncey in the 1st. But that's just me.

I'd actually feel better about yours if we swapped Gerhart and Beadles. I don't think Beadles is a 3rd and I think Gerhart is gone by the 4th.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #42
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

NFLN was saying last night that Thomas has ascended even more as of late. They said it's very possible that both Berry and Thomas could go in the top 10.
Old 04-16-2010   #43
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Would love it if Walter's draft came true for us. Your is also nice, but I like Walter's top 3 better.
but i like my top 4 better, and my top 5 blows him out when it comes to needs.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #44
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sporting news cherry pick:

1.) Ryan Mathews.... you know things have fallen terribly for the Texans when I am picking a RB in round one.
2.) Brian Price... glad he fell to us here.
3.) Myron Lewis.... Either CB or FS will do us nicely.
4.) Marshall Newhouse.... too good to let slip to the 5th
5.) Dominique Franks... yes please
6.) Jeff Byers.... people in the know swear by his versatility.
7.) Armanti Edwards..... I'd take him in the 5th easily, I think he can be a pro QB and if not he is Wildcat gold, and if not that a decent WR.

For having to take Mathews in the first I love how this turned out.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #45
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Now for Walters latest offering...

1. Earl Thomas... Duh.
2. Lamarr Houston... I love me some defense.
3. Amari Spievey.... Secondary fixed... hopefully.
4. Toby Gerhart... can't believe he fell here.... lucky for me he did I was getting worried.
5. Brandon Carter, G, Texas Tech... we need some more help on Oline.
6. Sergio Render, G... when it comes to OL, quantity is a quality of its own.
Old 04-16-2010   #46
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Sporting news cherry pick:

1.) Ryan Mathews.... you know things have fallen terribly for the Texans when I am picking a RB in round one.
2.) Brian Price... glad he fell to us here.
3.) Myron Lewis.... Either CB or FS will do us nicely.
4.) Marshall Newhouse.... too good to let slip to the 5th
5.) Dominique Franks... yes please
6.) Jeff Byers.... people in the know swear by his versatility.
7.) Armanti Edwards..... I'd take him in the 5th easily, I think he can be a pro QB and if not he is Wildcat gold, and if not that a decent WR.

For having to take Mathews in the first I love how this turned out.
You do realize that we have two 6th round picks, right?
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010   #47
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

That's right we do too... DUH.

Tough day.

My picks are so good I don't need two 6th rounders.
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read