Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-19-2010   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default NFL Blog Network Mock

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ork-mock-draft

Ryan Matthews...who is McCourty from Rutgers? I havent seen him very often in the mocks. Its mainly been Kyle Wilson off the board at 20.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #2
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Blog Network Mock

If kyle wilson is still around at 20 and we take ryan mathews im going to be pist!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

McCourty is a big fat CB from Rutgers Small schools that I did not follow. Got a lot of press after combine. Click on his name @#4 on this link for details.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...xpos&order=ASC

If we get a trade down, he is my target in first.
Old 04-19-2010   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

McCourty seems to be closing fast on Kyle Wilson as the #2 CB in the Draft after FLAs Haden. I'm reading that he's a little bit more physical, a better tackler than Wilson who's thought to be a better cover guy than McCourty.
If the Texans use their top pick on CB, I'm thinking we might get a surprise
about who they pick among the corners still on the Draft Board ? I'm speculating that Patrick Robinson from FSU is a real sleeper for the Texans
choice ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
McCourty seems to be closing fast on Kyle Wilson as the #2 CB in the Draft after FLAs Haden. I'm reading that he's a little bit more physical, a better tackler than Wilson who's thought to be a better cover guy than McCourty.
If the Texans use their top pick on CB, I'm thinking we might get a surprise
about who they pick among the corners still on the Draft Board ? I'm speculating that Patrick Robinson from FSU is a real sleeper for the Texans
choice ?
Haden is still best CB followed by Kyle Wilson. Wilson can be a starter for us game 1. Not so with McCourty who should be able to work in some after several games ala Glover Quin. I have watched WIlson and he can turn and run with WR. NFL Total Access has a clip of Wilson closing on a WR close to endzone and postioning his body in the air to block the pass with ball hitting his shoulder. Wilson completely sealed off the receiver from the ball.

Info on McCourty is he gets beat often and while he has speed once he turns around, he is too far off to make up. That probably can be corrected by coaching. I think Wilson is more of an instinctive CB.

Keep an eye on a 2nd to 4th round CB Jerome Murphy. He like Haden is a player.
Old 04-19-2010   #6
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1965 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ork-mock-draft

Ryan Matthews...who is McCourty from Rutgers? I havent seen him very often in the mocks. Its mainly been Kyle Wilson off the board at 20.
McCourty is a guy the internet gurus are finding out about now. The Scouts have him as a 1st rounder already, IMO.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010   #7
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
24. Kyle Wilson
Cornerback
Boise State The Eagles can't believe their good fortune when the Packers take a project player in front of them. There's a chance Wilson immediately takes over for Sheldon Brown as a starter. The Cowboys were hoping he'd keep sliding. (Matt Mosley)
There's a real good chance that Wilson would start over Sheldon Brown in Philly. Especially when you consider that Brown was traded to Cleveland.
Old 04-20-2010   #8
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
There's a real good chance that Wilson would start over Sheldon Brown in Philly. Especially when you consider that Brown was traded to Cleveland.
The blurb didn't say Wilson would beat Brown out, it said Wilson would take over the starting role, which is what he would do since Brown is no longer with the team, correct?
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read