Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-02-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL network is going to talk Texans

total access is going to talk a little bit... it is on right now FYI

(the show) they are talking about Dallas and their moves, McNabb etc
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL network is going to talk Texans

fixing to come up...

playoffs or bust with the Texans
Old 04-02-2010   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

same ole

6 of 8 losses by 8 points or less

Jamie Dukes said their draft board is set.. they need a cornerback or two

other guy (went blank) said Mathews would be a good draft pick at running back

talked about Brown missing some kicks

Dukes said they make the playoffs.
Old 04-02-2010   #4
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

That was some pretty lame analysis if you ask me. Wolf's right... Same old story.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

They said we lost John Busing. Wah!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #6
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
That was some pretty lame analysis if you ask me. Wolf's right... Same old story.
Pretty par for the course for this time of year. I'd be surprised if there was something hugely insightful in any NFL magazine show at the moment, apart from trade news, teams aren't letting anything out, and the stations and websites are just grasping to try and put a new spin on what every fan out there knows.
Old 04-03-2010   #7
DavidC
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 DavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of FamerDavidC is a Hall of Famer

anyone else notice that they put Glover Quin and Brice McCain as our starting corners with Antwaun Moulden as the backup. Did they just forget about Jacques Reeves? I guess they didn't really put a lot of effort or preparation into their "state of the Texans"
DavidC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2010   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

for those that didnt seei it:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...-of-the-Texans
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm constantly appalled at what the national media passes off for Texans coverage.

Each of the draft magazines I picked up in the last couple of weeks, I've turned to the Texans section, given it a quick read and then put it down because they have been off base with their evaluation of the team and its needs. It seems like everyone just parrots the common perception without doing any actual work on them.

[ends rant]
Old 04-03-2010   #10
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80525 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell, I could have gotten up there and said what they said, and probably do a better job. That was pretty sh!tty.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Did they give the standard "they're not an expansion team anymore" statement?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
Thanks for posting the link.
It isn't your fault they had nothing of substance to say.

I mean, they said Glover Quin is the #1 CB now. What happened to Jacque Reeves? Did he get demoted??
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: NFL network is going to talk Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I'm constantly appalled at what the national media passes off for Texans coverage.

Each of the draft magazines I picked up in the last couple of weeks, I've turned to the Texans section, given it a quick read and then put it down because they have been off base with their evaluation of the team and its needs. It seems like everyone just parrots the common perception without doing any actual work on them.

[ends rant]
Isn't that sports media in general? Ever notice ESPN, 790, 610 and McLame spout the same story at the same time using mostly the same words and opinions? Coincidence?

Though one of local the guys (don't remember who) kept talking about how McNabb does not have the locker room's back and vica versa. National media keeps talking about what a leader is and how they love him. Someone's dead wrong too bad we'll never know
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: NFL network is going to talk Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Did they give the standard "they're not an expansion team anymore" statement?
The new catch phrase is 'Ok, I'm going out on a limb, but this is the last year I'm picking the Texans...'
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #15
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18818 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

[ends rant]
I revel in in. I think it's great. We're the most absurdly talented "underdog" in the NFL and these guys don't even know it.

When we finally break through it's going to become a standard. We're already feared amongst other coaches. You don't think Cincy chose the Jets over us in the playoffs?
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

They also said "playoffs or bust this year."
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #17
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Thanks for posting the link.
It isn't your fault they had nothing of substance to say.

I mean, they said Glover Quin is the #1 CB now. What happened to Jacque Reeves? Did he get demoted??
Quin started most of the year opposite Robinson with Reeves as the third cb once he came back from injury.
Old 04-03-2010   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
anyone else notice that they put Glover Quin and Brice McCain as our starting corners with Antwaun Moulden as the backup. Did they just forget about Jacques Reeves? I guess they didn't really put a lot of effort or preparation into their "state of the Texans"
I honestly don't know what the status of Reeves is. He didn't play much last year... is he still hurt? Do the Texans feel he's better served as a back-up? I think we paid more than back-up money to get him.

I agree with Dukes, with Dunta gone, we need a corner early in the draft. With McCain, Molden and Bennet on our bench, we need to pick up another in the later rounds.
Old 04-03-2010   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Quin started most of the year opposite Robinson with Reeves as the third cb once he came back from injury.
I'm going to work on a post on this but Quin's numbers were insanely good this year. I'm getting somebody that studies that sort of stuff to work this up but he's not done with his Texans tape.
Old 04-03-2010   #20
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I'm going to work on a post on this but Quin's numbers were insanely good this year. I'm getting somebody that studies that sort of stuff to work this up but he's not done with his Texans tape.
Didn't we hear the same thing about Bennett after his rookie year? I just hope GQ doesn't disappear like Bennett did in his 2nd and following years.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read