Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-03-2010   #1
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Walter's new five round mock

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

I would love this draft for the Texans. Don't think it could get better.

1. Earl Thomas-FS
2. Ben Tate-RB
3. Amari Spievey-CB
4. D'Anthony Smith-DT

And to sure aboout the 5th because I know nothing about him

5. Blair White, WR, Michigan State
A pro-ready receiver, Blair White can push the unspectacular Kevin Walter and Jacoby Jones.

WoW. I would be estatic with this draft!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Waqlter's new five round mock

Mods, please correct the thread title to make up for my fat fingers...
Old 04-03-2010   #3
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I think Walter's first mistake is not watching enough of Texas to figure out there is no way the guy will fall to twenty But it's a nice thought.
Old 04-03-2010   #4
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be sweet. I'm pretty sure we can get Ben in the second but probably not Earl in the first. I'm ok with Tate, Dwyer or Gerhart in the second. I just don't want Hardesty.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #5
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is my cherry pick based on the Walter's Draft.

1. Earl Thomas-FS, Texas
Can't improve this selection. He is BPA and in a spot of need.

2. Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest
Tate is a nice player, but our running back is going to split carries anyway. Why not try to grab a guy who can be a starter than one who will be a situational player. Ghee can be a starter for our team and help replace DR.

3. Anthony Dixon, RB Mississippi State
He went in the 4th in Walter's but I wanted him, so I took him a tad earlier. He is the kind of back the ZBS needs: one cut and go and pounds out yardage. He would be a good compliment to our RB stable.

4. Zane Beadles, OT/G, Utah
A versatile Olineman that can play multiple Oline positions. I think he could be an OG in the league. By mid season or by this time next year he could be a starting Guard.

5. Corey Peters, DT Kentucky
He could be a rotational DT that would be valuable to the team.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Here is my cherry pick based on the Walter's Draft.

1. Earl Thomas-FS, Texas
Can't improve this selection. He is BPA and in a spot of need.

2. Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest
Tate is a nice player, but our running back is going to split carries anyway. Why not try to grab a guy who can be a starter than one who will be a situational player. Ghee can be a starter for our team and help replace DR.

3. Anthony Dixon, RB Mississippi State
He went in the 4th in Walter's but I wanted him, so I took him a tad earlier. He is the kind of back the ZBS needs: one cut and go and pounds out yardage. He would be a good compliment to our RB stable.

4. Zane Beadles, OT/G, Utah
A versatile Olineman that can play multiple Oline positions. I think he could be an OG in the league. By mid season or by this time next year he could be a starting Guard.

5. Corey Peters, DT Kentucky
He could be a rotational DT that would be valuable to the team.
This would be very nice also, but I worry about Dixon in the passing game.
Old 04-03-2010   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

My cherry picked draft:

1) CB Kyle Wilson

2) FS Nate Allen

3) RB Toby Gerhart

4) DT Jeff Owens

5) OG Sergio Render
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
My cherry picked draft:

1) CB Kyle Wilson

2) FS Nate Allen

3) RB Toby Gerhart

4) DT Jeff Owens

5) OG Sergio Render
NOt bad at all. But I still like Walter's version better. I am not as high on Wilson as some of you. Reminds me too much of DR.

I think Thomas/Tate/Spievey is much greater than Wilson/Allen/Gerhart
Old 04-03-2010   #9
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we are playing the cherry picking game...

1. Earl Thomas, S, Texas
A steal at this spot, simply BPA at a position of need.

2. Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas
Got to get the big uglies.

3. Toby Gerhart,
Needed to get a decent back while there was one to grab.

4.Zane Beadles, G, Utah
Best interior lineman left on the board.

5. Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA
Help for the corner spot, I think Quin and Reeves can be servicable as starters especially with improved safety and DL play but a bit of help can't hurt.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
If we are playing the cherry picking game...

1. Earl Thomas, S, Texas
A steal at this spot, simply BPA at a position of need.

2. Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas
Got to get the big uglies.

3. Toby Gerhart,
Needed to get a decent back while there was one to grab.

4.Zane Beadles, G, Utah
Best interior lineman left on the board.

5. Alterraun Verner, CB, UCLA
Help for the corner spot, I think Quin and Reeves can be servicable as starters especially with improved safety and DL play but a bit of help can't hurt.
Not bad. But I doubt that Houston makes it to our 2nd and I know Gerhart won't make it to our 3rd!
Old 04-03-2010   #11
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually didn't like the way this played out once I started picking. I think Houston was too good to pass up once he was there in the 2nd, but that meant I was left without good interior OL help which is a spot we really need to nail.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010   #12
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
NOt bad at all. But I still like Walter's version better. I am not as high on Wilson as some of you. Reminds me too much of DR.

I think Thomas/Tate/Spievey is much greater than Wilson/Allen/Gerhart
Fair enough. I will explain my reasoning then.

Between the two free safeties, Thomas is better. But Allen is no slouch, he would be an immediate starter.

Between the two runningbacks, I would take Gerhart. I am not as high on Tate as a lot of people are.

And between Wilson and Spievey, I like Wilson better. He is more of a cover guy than DR, and can make plays on the ball better. He is not as physical though.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010   #13
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28283 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
This would be very nice also, but I worry about Dixon in the passing game.
After the Jax fiasco, I doubt Kubiak calls any more halfback passes any time soon.

Oh wait! You probably meant his blocking and catching not his passing...
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
After the Jax fiasco, I doubt Kubiak calls any more halfback passes any time soon.

Oh wait! You probably meant his blocking and catching not his passing...
Yeah, mostly in pass protection. I also question his recieving ability, but the pass pro is the big ?
Old 04-05-2010   #15
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Fair enough. I will explain my reasoning then.

Between the two free safeties, Thomas is better. But Allen is no slouch, he would be an immediate starter.

Between the two runningbacks, I would take Gerhart. I am not as high on Tate as a lot of people are.

And between Wilson and Spievey, I like Wilson better. He is more of a cover guy than DR, and can make plays on the ball better. He is not as physical though.
i agree with your evaluation. On an earlier post pushing Dixon, I do not see him as a ZBS RB. While Dixon and TG are size similar, their running styles are way different imo.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read