Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 04-01-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Browns’ Rogers arrested for loaded gun in luggage

Quote:
CLEVELAND (AP)—Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers(notes) was arrested Thursday at Hopkins International Airport for carrying a loaded gun in his carry-on luggage.

Rogers, who had been at the team’s suburban training facility in recent days, was stopped at a security checkpoint when officials spotted a loaded .45-caliber hand gun in his carry-on luggage, police said in a statement. He was arrested at 12:15 p.m. without incident and was booked for carrying a concealed weapon, a third-degree felony.

No charges have been filed at this time, police said.

Under Ohio law, a third-degree felony carries a penalty of probation to five years in prison.

It’s not yet known what Rogers, who lives in Houston during the offseason, told officials about the gun or if he was traveling alone.

Browns president Mike Holmgren issued a statement saying the team was aware of Rogers’ arrest.

“We will continue to gather additional information, and until the legal process has taken its course, we will reserve any further comment,” the statement said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...rogersarrested
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Browns’ Rogers arrested for loaded gun in luggage

I'm glad we didn't pick this guy up in FA.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude is fudged.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #4
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

sigh

come on, man!
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

In the words of a great philosopher "Stupid is as stupid does".

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209676 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

As we see in so many high profile NFL players, stupid is it's own reward.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I once forgot my handgun in my carry on and security just let me go back and check it. I don't know why they wouldn't let him do that, unless he was being a douche.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2010   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I once forgot my handgun in my carry on and security just let me go back and check it. I don't know why they wouldn't let him do that, unless he was being a douche.
Was yours loaded?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #9
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 29308 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Was yours loaded?

This.
Old 04-02-2010   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

In this day and age, why do people feel they can still carry a loaded weapon on to a plane.

Big props to the airport that caught this. This doesn't get recognized enough. I'm sure Sean Rogers meant no harm by it, but at least our airports are detecting this.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #11
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

WTF was he thinking? I guess he wasn't.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #12
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Wtf.

Why were you traveling with a gun in the first place? This makes absolutely no sense to me. And if you are going to travel with a gun, how the f*ck do you forget it's there?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #13
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Was yours loaded?
No, it was broken down in its carrying case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Wtf.

Why were you traveling with a gun in the first place? This makes absolutely no sense to me. And if you are going to travel with a gun, how the f*ck do you forget it's there?
Why wouldn't I travel with a gun? Am I magically protected from harm when I travel abroad, and suddenly don't need protection anymore?

I forgot because it took forever to get through initial check in, and I was surrounded by stinking sweaty people, crying puking babies, and obnoxious airline personnel for almost 2 hours. By the time I was done with that I just wanted to get on my plane and go home.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
CLEVELAND (AP)—Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers(notes) was charged Friday with carrying a concealed weapon after he allegedly tried to take a handgun through airport security.

A Cleveland city prosecutor filed the fourth-degree felony charge alleging that Rogers carried a .45-caliber Kimber semiautomatic with eight rounds in his carry-on luggage at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. A police report said the gun’s hammer was cocked in “safe mode.”

Bond was set at $1,000. Defense attorney Patrick D’Angelo said he was posting the bond and expected Rogers to be released promptly. Rogers spent a night in jail after his arrest Thursday.

After participating in the Browns’ voluntary off-season program, Rogers was on his way back home to Houston when he was stopped with the weapon. Police say he was traveling with teammate Robaire Smith(notes).

Rogers, 31, told officers that he had forgotten the gun was in his bag and that he carried it for personal safety during travel. Police say Rogers has a license in Michigan to carry a concealed weapon.

His agent, Kennard McGuire, earlier said Rogers made a mistake he deeply regrets.

“Shaun is from a tremendous family that knows right from wrong,” McGuire said in a phone interview. “He is completely remorseful and sorry. While he does have a permit to carry a weapon, carrying it into the airport was an unintentional mistake. He will fully cooperate with all the authorities.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...rogersarrested
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read