Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-31-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Preseason matchups unveiled

Week 1 (Aug. 12-16)
TBD Houston Texans at Arizona Cardinals

Week 2 (Aug. 19-23)
TBD Houston Texans at New Orleans Saints

Week 3 (Aug. 26-29)
Saturday, Aug. 28 Dallas Cowboys at Houston Texans CBS (8 p.m. ET)

Week 4 (Sept. 2-3)
TBD Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Houston Texans

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...ampaign=nfl_fb
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #2
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Preseason matchups unveiled

I wonder if MNF will pick up another one of our preseason games like they did last year... Of course the only reason they did was the fact that Brett Favre could possibly be playing, but I digress.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Sweet. Game 3 vs the cowboys. Should be a good game. Well, at least 3 quarters of it.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #4
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3753 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Not too overly thrilled by it... I mean Tampa is getting to be old every year...And Dallas, well who cares, until it matters in the regular season. That is when I will get up for that game..
Preseason is my time of the season to get the tailgating down again... the games, ehhh, that's tailgating halftime !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I say all kinds of things about pre-season depending on my mood. Buy the time pre-season gets here no matter what I say it's all out the windows because I'll be so football starved I'll take anything, including pre-season. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #6
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Commme onnnn August 28th!
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #7
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Sweet. Game 3 vs the cowboys. Should be a good game. Well, at least 3 quarters of it.
Won't that be game #4 for the Cowboys...if so, then there should be all roster spot fodder playing in that game for them.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2010   #8
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i hate preseason
Old 03-31-2010   #9
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Won't that be game #4 for the Cowboys...if so, then there should be all roster spot fodder playing in that game for them.
Correct me if I am wrong, but their first game is the hall of fame game in Canton.

Their 2nd to last pre-season game will be the one the starters play for 3 quarters.
Old 03-31-2010   #10
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
i hate preseason
Agreed. No preseason, or at least cut pre-saeson down to 2 games.
Old 03-31-2010   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
i hate preseason
You summed it up. I couldn't care less.
Old 03-31-2010   #12
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
HOF Game participants get 5 preseason games.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I say all kinds of things about pre-season depending on my mood. Buy the time pre-season gets here no matter what I say it's all out the windows because I'll be so football starved I'll take anything, including pre-season. LOL
You're not alone on that one buddy. I always say how I hate the preseason during the regular season, but I love it when it gets here. I'll watch the third string, I don't give a damn.

But still, there should be one less preseason game.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #14
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Weird to be playing the third preseason game against a team we are actually going to see in the regular season.
Old 03-31-2010   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

As an out of towner, I hate it when home games get bunched up in consecutive weeks. For this reason, I hope our season opener is on the road.
Old 03-31-2010   #16
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Now, when does the ACTUAL schedule come out?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
someone was talking about it on a thread about the Colt talking their season last year and they posted a link that said exactly when and what the commissioner was doing about possible scheduling divisional games late in the season.. I will have to do some searching on here
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
couple weeks.
Old 03-31-2010   #19
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
someone was talking about it on a thread about the Colt talking their season last year and they posted a link that said exactly when and what the commissioner was doing about possible scheduling divisional games late in the season.. I will have to do some searching on here
They are planning on scheduling divisional games the last 2 or so weeks so teams are less likely to rest their starters. I think that's causing the schedule release to be a little delayed with the prime-time games still not announced which usually happens during the owners meeting.

Should make for a better end to the season.
JWarren14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #20
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
They are planning on scheduling divisional games the last 2 or so weeks so teams are less likely to rest their starters. I think that's causing the schedule release to be a little delayed with the prime-time games still not announced which usually happens during the owners meeting.

Should make for a better end to the season.
I'm still in disagreement with idea that scheduling divisional games in the last few weeks has any meaning. It all depends on what the teams records are by the end of the season if the games mean anything. Division games, like any other game you play, are only important if you are in contention for a playoff spot.

But whatever. In the end run, a game is a game is a game, and you have to try and win them all no matter who you are playing.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read