Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-31-2010   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Most Complete Houston Texans 2010 Draft Preview

Yeah, that's some sort of title, but I think that my most recent blog post is the most complete review of the Texans draft needs and names to fit those needs that exists on the interwebs in just one place. It is a Q&A between 1560's John Harris and me.

The Most Complete Houston Texans 2010 Draft Preview

Lots of stuff to chew on.

If you happen to see John at an event, thank him on behalf of all Texan fans for helping put this together. He's a really good guy, and anyone who loves football as much as he does is a friend of mine.
Old 03-31-2010   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Most Complete Houston Texans 2010 Draft Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Yeah, that's some sort of title, but I think that my most recent blog post is the most complete review of the Texans draft needs and names to fit those needs that exists on the interwebs in just one place. It is a Q&A between 1560's John Harris and me.

The Most Complete Houston Texans 2010 Draft Preview

Lots of stuff to chew on.

If you happen to see John at an event, thank him on behalf of all Texan fans for helping put this together. He's a really good guy, and anyone who loves football as much as he does is a friend of mine.
as always fine work & agree about John Harris one of my fav's too.

I don't think Earl Thomas is a pipe dream, instead a very real option, heck Pouncey could go before Texans pick. one things for sure the Texans are going to get an impact player in 1st rd.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #3
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Love it!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
as always fine work & agree about John Harris one of my fav's too.

I don't think Earl Thomas is a pipe dream, instead a very real option, heck Pouncey could go before Texans pick. one things for sure the Texans are going to get an impact player in 1st rd.
Earl Thomas allegedly ran his 40 in the 4.35 at today's pro day. I don't think he's there but I guess it all depends on how needs based teams go early and whether he is devalued as a S/CB prospect.
Old 03-31-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice write up, TC. Can't say I can disagree with anything. My opinion of Tate might differ from his a little bit.

That video of Wright would've drawn 2 flags. Pass interference and leading with the helmet.
Old 03-31-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Enjoyed the read TC. You are also on target with John Harris. Cool dude.
Old 03-31-2010   #7
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That video of Wright would've drawn 2 flags. Pass interference and leading with the helmet.
Can't say I was impressed by that cheap shot either.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-31-2010   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

i had no idea where to place this but..

http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard...ad.php?t=90358
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Earl Thomas allegedly ran his 40 in the 4.35 at today's pro day. I don't think he's there but I guess it all depends on how needs based teams go early and whether he is devalued as a S/CB prospect.
damn it
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
damn it
Mathews @ #20? Man, did we discuss that one for a long time.
Old 03-31-2010   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
damn it
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Mathews @ #20? Man, did we discuss that one for a long time.
That is what it looks like now. That pretty much blows.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Allegedly" is the key term here. But assuming it was hand-timed (most are are with the exception of the Combine), the rule of thumb is to add a tenth of a second to the players time to arrive at a rough equivalent to an
electronic time. Therefor Thomas ran 'bout 4.45 which is, IIRC, is consistant with his electronically timed 40 at Indy ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #13
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice work as always TC.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not familiar with John Harris for obvious reasons but he sure sounds like a guy who's work I'd really enjoy reading.

Now I get to look a little Texans smarter around the water cooler during break. Great writeup, guys. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2010   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

"Mike Johnson, Alabama - " He lost me there. 5.40 can not play on this o-line.
I don't care what his credentials are. No way no how.

the scouts generally add a couple of seconds to the Texas forties. Just like at Ohio St., that indoor surface at Texas is a very fast track. Mayock clocked it, 4.35 also. So I'm sure he did post the time. I've got Earl off the board to Frisco @ seventeen.

So if they want him, I'm wondering if they'll move up with them. If he gets to sixteen, might be worth a bold move. Or wait and BPA a hole. I've been anti Rb in the first for eight years now. Mathews fits in the fact that he is everything required. And the twenty slot makes the cap hit tolerable. Much better than Peterson at seven.

I still say Iupati will be the pick if the stay put and he falls to twenty. Interior o-line has been the sore spot for many years. My draft I take the guy and never look back. Barring inury we'll be set for many years with the same five. all of Iupati's warts are fixable with some good not excellent coaching. it's not sexy but if it puts them in the AFC championship game it'll be worth it. He is a 330 pound guard who moves like a 303 pound guard.
Old 04-01-2010   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
"Mike Johnson, Alabama - " He lost me there. 5.40 can not play on this o-line.
I don't care what his credentials are. No way no how.

the scouts generally add a couple of seconds to the Texas forties. Just like at Ohio St., that indoor surface at Texas is a very fast track. Mayock clocked it, 4.35 also. So I'm sure he did post the time. I've got Earl off the board to Frisco @ seventeen.

So if they want him, I'm wondering if they'll move up with them. If he gets to sixteen, might be worth a bold move. Or wait and BPA a hole. I've been anti Rb in the first for eight years now. Mathews fits in the fact that he is everything required. And the twenty slot makes the cap hit tolerable. Much better than Peterson at seven.

I still say Iupati will be the pick if the stay put and he falls to twenty. Interior o-line has been the sore spot for many years. My draft I take the guy and never look back. Barring inury we'll be set for many years with the same five. all of Iupati's warts are fixable with some good not excellent coaching. it's not sexy but if it puts them in the AFC championship game it'll be worth it. He is a 330 pound guard who moves like a 303 pound guard.
Iupati is a little stiff, from what I have seen. I haven't seen the quickness people talk about with him. Would rather take Mathews, or trade down. Or jump up and get Thomas at 16.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read