Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-02-2005   #61
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Having a solid back up QB is important. I don't think Ragone is going anywhere for the time being. The back up is one play away and if we want to think we are a playoff team we can't just have rookies stepping in to lead this team if DC gets injured. Banks is not going to be here too much longer.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005   #62
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Sidelines game review.

http://www.geocities.com/nfl_europe_...fra_review.htm

Old 04-03-2005   #63
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
What channel was the game on? I couldn't find it anywhere
If you have NFL Network, you can watch the game today at 2pm.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #64
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans Pride
What channel was the game on? I couldn't find it anywhere
If you have DirecTV and Sunday Ticket, the games are on live, either on ch. 212 or somewhere in the low 700s. Otherwise, on a lot of cable systems they're rebroadcast on NFL Network periodically all week long, and other games are carried on network TV.

For a full guide to NFLE broadcast times/channels: Click here!
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #65
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow I've got to wait until May 29th to see Ragone play...Not having NFL Network sucks...
Old 04-03-2005   #66
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I watched it today and Rags looked pretty solid. First game of the season and all, but still looked pretty good. On his first play, it was a 48 yard completion. I really have to give most of the credit to the reciever on it for making a great play on the ball as it wasn't totally on target. Most of his passes were on target and had good zip. He moved well and had one good run for over 10 yards. What kept running through my mind was, that he was getting pretty good protection and how I wished David would get the same.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005   #67
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thing that came to mind when I was watching Ragone play.....DANG, he is not very good looking, especially compared to Carr. The girls won't be lining up near as much for him.

De Oppresso Liber
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2005   #68
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

well on another note of the game with the galaxy QB's being so inaffective maybe BJ will get his shot next week...personally i'd think akili smith has been the biggest bust in the past 10 years...and for some reason people still keep giving him shots at coming back...i'd rather them give Symons a chance to get some reps since you know he won't get than many chances here in houston
Old 04-04-2005   #69
edo783
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
well on another note of the game with the galaxy QB's being so inaffective maybe BJ will get his shot next week...personally i'd think akili smith has been the biggest bust in the past 10 years...and for some reason people still keep giving him shots at coming back...i'd rather them give Symons a chance to get some reps since you know he won't get than many chances here in houston
The Galaxy QBs didn't look very good at all, but to give Akklie a little due, his recievers had hands of stone. Seemed like they droped 2 out of 3 passes that were tossed. The back up to Rags didn't look very good either.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 04-04-2005   #70
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

When I saw the opening stats for Akili Smith I was amazed to read that he had 5 TD's in 22 games. I believe that Akili was picked, because the "running" QB was the in thing and GMs were really looking at fools gold. Akili Smith would have been a RB fifteen years ago. I also was impressed with Ragone's performance.
Old 04-06-2005   #71
TexasAggie
Rookie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
If you have DirecTV and Sunday Ticket, the games are on live, either on ch. 212 or somewhere in the low 700s. Otherwise, on a lot of cable systems they're rebroadcast on NFL Network periodically all week long, and other games are carried on network TV.

For a full guide to NFLE broadcast times/channels: Click here!
:woot How many think T Banks gets cut this year and Ragone & BJ both make the team?

I have never been a Banks fan but must admit that he has been adaquate when called on the few games he played in. The Texans gave him a two year contract and $800,000. SB. So cutting him may not be in the cards this year.
TexasAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005   #72
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie
:woot How many think T Banks gets cut this year and Ragone & BJ both make the team?

I have never been a Banks fan but must admit that he has been adaquate when called on the few games he played in. The Texans gave him a two year contract and $800,000. SB. So cutting him may not be in the cards this year.
Not very likely, but I would like to see it...I have never really cared for Banks, and I'd hate to lose either Ragone or Symons unless we got a good trade for them. Symons could still be put on the practice squad this year, but I don't think he would make it. I think another team would pick him up, and we would lose him and get nothing in return.
Old 04-08-2005   #73
Capster67
Veteran

The thought of getting rid of Banks this year scares me. I can't forget 2 years ago when Banks went down and Ragone started and we were shut out in Jacksonville and only got a field goal in Tampa Bay. Ragone may have developed some since then, but those starts were truly horrific!
Capster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005   #74
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

That game was also Andre Johnson in his first year.. and he had Tony Hollings for an RB.

if Ragone started today.. it would probably look alot better than it did then. Actually Ragone didnt look half bad that game.. but some great deep passes got dropped by both Bradford and Johnson.. and Hollings was not able to take any of the pressure off him.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005   #75
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
That game was also Andre Johnson in his first year.. and he had Tony Hollings for an RB.

if Ragone started today.. it would probably look alot better than it did then. Actually Ragone didnt look half bad that game.. but some great deep passes got dropped by both Bradford and Johnson.. and Hollings was not able to take any of the pressure off him.

i agree nobody made that game very easy on ragone.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005   #76
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

here is ragone's stats for this weeks game against the sea devils

PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
D.Ragone 28 17 168 3/21 1 30 1 74.7

pretty solid numbers...don't like to see him getting sacked 3 times a game though
Old 04-16-2005   #77
Vinny
shiny happy fan

PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
D.Ragone 27 15 186 1/7 2 26 1 86.3
C.Finlen 4 2 2 1/9 0 6 0 56.2

Total 31 17 188 2/16 2 26 1 81.1

RUSHING ATT YDS AVG LG TD
C.Murray 14 78 5.6 27 0
L.Flowers 10 62 6.2 21 0
D.Ragone 4 28 7.0 14 1
C.Finlen 1 3 3.0 3 0

Total 29 171 5.9 27 1
Quote:
Two completions by Ragone got the Thunder to Amsterdam 5, and the Houston allocated passer then made a tremendous play to find a leaping Boone in the back of the endzone to give the Thunder a 25-24 lead. Trying their second two-point conversion, Berlin found the recipe for success, sending Ragone on a bootleg to the right and he strolled in to make it 27-24 with 2:51 remaining.

Starting from their 22, the Admirals began cautiously, completing a pair of passes over the middle to the 39. Next, however, Hamdan looked deep, drawing a pass interference penalty against Flemming that set the Admirals up at the 16-yard line. On the next play Amsterdam retook the lead when Hamdan found Ruvell Martin in the back of the endzone for a score. The extra point gave the Admirals a four point advantage at 31-27 with 1:45 left in the contest.

On the very first play of the Thunder possession the Admirals sealed the victory. Looking right for Boone, Ragone was picked off by Admirals cornerback B.J. Tucker, finally putting an end to the Thunder challenge and finishing their magical seven-game winning streak.

http://www.nfleurope.com/news/story/8391731

Old 04-17-2005   #78
Admiral54
waterboy

Default Dave Ragone

Hello to you all,
Being an Admirals fan I was at the game vs Berlin last night and I must confess Ragone played good. But he seemed to be out of breath once in a while.
But your own kicker Kris Snyder did well too, for the Admirals that is! And when Ragone threw an interception at the end of the game the Admiral fans were too happy and so was I. I have 2 Texans fans in my family and they wear their Texans jersey's every game

Greetings from the other side of the ocean

ps. are you able to see some NFLE games?
Admiral54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005   #79
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

I catch them on NFL network after they have already been played.
Old 04-17-2005   #80
vtech9
Hall of Fame

I try to watch all of the games that are shown on NFL network. Speaking of which, I watched the Cologn/Frankfurt game today. Cologn has a few Texans players on their team. Brandon Evans starts at LG, Anthony Dunn starts at one of the LB positions with Moretti backing him up. I can't say that I noticed either one of the LB's do much of anything, but Brandon Evans really looked good. I don't know if it is the lack of ability on the Frankfurt defensive line, but I noticed Evans dominating his guy most of the time when he was in there. One thing that tells me it wasn't the lack of ability on the DL is that when Evans wasn't in there, his replacement was getting blown out.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read