Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-30-2010   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Owen Daniels update...

Quote:
By Paul Kuharsky

Owen Daniels has not signed his RFA tender from the Houston Texans yet, but both sides wisely reach an agreement that’s got him recovering from his torn ACL with the team.

The Texans just started their offseason conditioning program, and the team shared transcripts from three key guys including Daniels. He said he’s been around regularly through the offseason rehabilitating.

“I did not sign my tender, but the Texans stepped up and put a document together that allowed me to come out and still rehab and be around the guys, so it’s definitely an act of good faith on their part to protect themselves and me as well,” Daniels said. "They definitely want me around here with the guys rehabbing, so we put that together so even if something happens I’d be compensated and they’d be protected.”

He said his goal is to be good to go by June 1 and that he is on pace for that. He expects to be around the team for OTAs and minicamp, but obviously won’t be a full participant in on the field work.

Daniels also spoke optimistically about his contract situations.

“We’ve had some positive talks, my people and management, at the combine,” he said. “They’ve indicated they want to get something done; we’ve just got to wait ‘til I get healthy and cleared and see what happens.”
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...imed-at-june-1
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Owen Daniels update...

Cool. Now Demeco and Pollard need contracts please.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Cool. Now Demeco and Pollard need contracts please.
He's not signed for the season yet. It's just a contract that allows him to rehab without his actal contract being signed
Old 03-30-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
He's not signed for the season yet. It's just a contract that allows him to rehab without his actal contract being signed
I know but it's better than what we had.

BTW, big ups to OD for wanting to be with the team while injured and undergoing contract negotiations. These type of players are the answer to the problems.
Old 03-30-2010   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know but it's better than what we had.

BTW, big ups to OD for wanting to be with the team while injured and undergoing contract negotiations. These type of players are the answer to the problems.
It is a big step in the right direction. Good to see it.
Old 03-30-2010   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news, now get it done with Demeco, and Pollard.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this move.

Me likey a lot!
Old 03-30-2010   #8
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
It is a big step in the right direction. Good to see it.
Exactly. Good news for both parties.
Old 03-31-2010   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Well OD feels good about it and now Demeco has been signed. Maybe we saved that FA money to buy back the guys we already got.

Can't wait for OD's deal to be done and for Pollard to get done too.
Old 03-31-2010   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well OD feels good about it and now Demeco has been signed. Maybe we saved that FA money to buy back the guys we already got.

Can't wait for OD's deal to be done and for Pollard to get done too.
Od and Pollard are a bit trickier though. One is comming off an bad injury, and the other hasn't done it year in and year out. I think we'll have to stew a bit on these two. Great job on Demeco though, he has earned it and deserves every penny. Guess we are using the threat of walkout as an incentive to sign.
Old 03-31-2010   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Od and Pollard are a bit trickier though. One is comming off an bad injury, and the other hasn't done it year in and year out. I think we'll have to stew a bit on these two. Great job on Demeco though, he has earned it and deserves every penny. Guess we are using the threat of walkout as an incentive to sign.
Pollard was not a bad player with the Chiefs. From what I remember, he just got into an argument with a coach and got cut. He's still young and coming into his prime. I think he's a good investment.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting Demeco, who very possibly along with Schaub and AJ is one of the teams 3 MVPs, signed is far, far mosre important than ODs signing who's situation I would put closer to that of Chester Pitts.
Now I know Pitts is a FA because he was an unrestricted FA whereas OD received a tender from the Texans because he was a restriced FA, but he's still just a good starter coming off of a season-ending injury who's recovery is still uncertain vs DeMeco who is in tip-top form who is practically invaluable to the franchise. Plus DeMeco is 2 younger than OD and without his injury history.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Pollard was not a bad player with the Chiefs. From what I remember, he just got into an argument with a coach and got cut. He's still young and coming into his prime. I think he's a good investment.
I'm mot saying he was a bad player for the Chiefs, just that we need to see him in our system for more than 13 games befor we lock him up.
Old 03-31-2010   #14
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Getting Demeco, who very possibly along with Schaub and AJ is one of the teams 3 MVPs, signed is far, far mosre important than ODs signing who's situation I would put closer to that of Chester Pitts.
Now I know Pitts is a FA because he was an unrestricted FA whereas OD received a tender from the Texans because he was a restriced FA, but he's still just a good starter coming off of a season-ending injury who's recovery is still uncertain vs DeMeco who is in tip-top form who is practically invaluable to the franchise. Plus DeMeco is 2 younger than OD and without his injury history.
At this point OD is not comparable to Pitts in the least. He is an integral part of the offense and a proven Pro Bowl player in his prime. ACL injuries are far less complicated than what Pitts had which is unfortunate for Pitts. I love Chester but Owen is a far superior talent. You aren't one of those that thinks OD is a "system" TE by chance are you?
Old 03-31-2010   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm mot saying he was a bad player for the Chiefs, just that we need to see him in our system for more than 13 games befor we lock him up.
Yeah, there's no reason to lock up Pollard long-term when we can just pay him 3 mil this year to make sure he is the real deal. Given that the Texans waited for DeMeco to make the Pro-bowl twice before they locked him up, I imagine they will sit on Pollard for at least one more year.
Old 03-31-2010   #16
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man your crazy. The ONLY reason why you didn't hear about Pollard before coming here was because he was in KC on terrible teams. Then KC tried to black ball him for having a dispute with HC and GM. Here are Pollards numbers.

YR TM G Combo TT Ast Sck Sfty PDef INT TD

09 Hou 13 102 81 21 1.5 0 7 4 1

08 KC 16 98 78 20 0.0 0 1 1 0

07 KC 16 90 74 16 1.0 1 7 2 0

06 KC 16 10 10.0 0 0.0 0 1 0 0

And the numbers he put up last year with the Texans were in only 13 games!! "Pay da man his money!"
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Concur.

Some say we need guys with attitude on our D and in the locker room. Pollard brings that.

Sign him.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
Man your crazy. The ONLY reason why you didn't hear about Pollard before coming here was because he was in KC on terrible teams. Then KC tried to black ball him for having a dispute with HC and GM. Here are Pollards numbers.

YR TM G Combo TT Ast Sck Sfty PDef INT TD

09 Hou 13 102 81 21 1.5 0 7 4 1

08 KC 16 98 78 20 0.0 0 1 1 0

07 KC 16 90 74 16 1.0 1 7 2 0

06 KC 16 10 10.0 0 0.0 0 1 0 0

And the numbers he put up last year with the Texans were in only 13 games!! "Pay da man his money!"
I'm not crazy, just want to see him play one more season in our system befor I lock him up. Makes me careful. The NFL is full of guys who play well, get long contracts, and never do a thing after. I don't think Pollard is that kind of guy, but I'd rather wait one more year.
Old 03-31-2010   #19
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not crazy, just want to see him play one more season in our system befor I lock him up. Makes me careful. The NFL is full of guys who play well, get long contracts, and never do a thing after. I don't think Pollard is that kind of guy, but I'd rather wait one more year.
He has done it for 3 years now and was reunited with his DB coach when he joined Houston. As far as seeing him play one more year in the Texans system, can you imagine the numbers if he was in camp with the Texans last year? Guy comes off the street after being cut and misses the 1st three weeks of the season and still finishes with over 100 total tackles on a defense that he was learning as the season went on.

Plus he was the vocal leader the defense needed and backed it up with his play! "Pay da man his money!"
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #20
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

If they sign Pollard now they will get him for a much better price as they do not have to compete with any other teams and he has not had a "Breakout" season to make him an elite level safety. He is currently a "very good to excellent" safety but not elite. I think he has the potential to be up there though and they would be smart to lock him up now for a more reasonable price.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read