Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-30-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Thought we might like to see this!

Texans | Matt Schaub happy with start of offseason program
Comment (0)
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:39:51 -0700

Houston Texans QB Matt Schaub was pleased with the way the team kicked off the start of their offseason workout program Monday, March 29, reports Nick Scurfield, of HoustonTexans.com. "All the guys are on board, and we're ready to go out to work and get better," Schaub said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texans | Arian Foster looking to build on late-season success
Comment (0)
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:39:15 -0700

Houston Texans RB Arian Foster said he has been working out since the 2009 season concluded, according to Nick Scurfield, of HoustonTexans.com. "I took a little bit of a break, but I plan on doing big things this year, so I've been working like it," Foster noted. Foster rushed for 216 yards and three touchdowns during the team's final two regular season games. On a side note, he changed his jersey number from 37 to 23 during the offseason.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0jfByz8b3

Something tells me that Foster is going to show off this year. Remember how Steve Slaton was asked about the competition in camp last camp? The first thing he said was Arian Foster looks to be the real deal.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thought we might like to see this!

Foster changing to 23 ruins my draft Patrick Robinson and give him 23 idea. Would let me save on buying a new jersey. Bastards.
Old 03-30-2010   #3
lostboy
Undrafted FA

Rep Power: 15 lostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden coverlostboy could be on the next Madden cover

I know he can run, but didn't notice it last year in his limited play... But can this #23 catch a ball thrown in his direction?

"And when we have a boot on an opponent's neck we can't take it off. We can't let up.” Bob McNair
lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostboy View Post
I know he can run, but didn't notice it last year in his limited play... But can this #23 catch a ball thrown in his direction?
I thought he caught some good passes last year.
Old 03-30-2010   #5
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

I specifically remember him catching some passes for good gains, and getting out of bounds in clock-tight situations.
Old 03-30-2010   #6
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Foster changing to 23 ruins my draft Patrick Robinson and give him 23 idea. Would let me save on buying a new jersey. Bastards.
Sorry BigBull17, but there's only one thing left to do to that jersey now:

BURN IT!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2010   #7
Hoss
i need a beer..

Rep Power: 445 Hoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respectedHoss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Hoss

Foster was a beast toward the end of the season!

sig-False Start
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2010   #8
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I took some time last night to watch a few of the clips. I really liked the upbeat, can't wait to go feeling I got from seeing them. I've got to agree that I think Foster has mojo and will produce. Can't wait to see it! I think he'll pick up right where he left off. I think his hard work is going to pay dividends big time. He was really upbeat.

MS showed that he's the leader and wants to be the man.

GO TEXANS!
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpool View Post
Foster was a beast toward the end of the season!
So was Chris Taylor a couple years ago.
Old 03-30-2010   #10
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
For the sake of argument, I'll say the games Foster ran well in ment a little more and were aginst a better team. I still wouldnt depend on him as the guy going into next year, just making an argument for him.
Old 03-30-2010   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
Sorry BigBull17, but there's only one thing left to do to that jersey now:

BURN IT!!!!!!!!
You may be right. May clean my dog with it first. nah, I don't want my dog to want a contract extension and miss training camp, then drop the frisbee when it's thrown right to him.
Old 03-30-2010   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

we should just cut all running backs. Use those roster spots and money on extra QB and WRs.

Pass on every down.

Because I'm seriously depressed about this team's inability to find a consistent producer, year-by-year, in the running game.

Let's just stop the insanity and go ahead and pass on every down.
Old 03-30-2010   #13
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

BTW, on Thursday...we will be in the month of April.

And that means only a few weeks until the draft.

We're almost home. Almost there. Of course, then there's the amazingly long wait between the draft and actual camps/pre-season. Ugggh.....
Old 03-30-2010   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I hear what you are saying, but like someonelse said in this post, Foster did little things correctly like catching passes and running out of bounds to preserve the clock in crucial 2min situations. He seems to be more knowledgable than what Chris Taylor was. He also did a better job of pass blocking too. Plus he still got some of those yards against teams that had good defenses that still needed a win (Miami).
Old 03-30-2010   #15
da Bull
Rookie

A number of folks have been advocating drafting Hardesty as a 2-3 round choice if not Matthews in the 1st. Did he not play behind Foster at Tennessee?

So, it might appear that Foster may be a bit better than he has been given credit for. If so, then maybe running back isn't as big a need in the draft as we all would tend to think. Foster's played in NFL games and these other cats haven't.....just, sayin'.
da Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostboy View Post
Could Earl Campbell?
Old 03-30-2010   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
You may be right. May clean my dog with it first. nah, I don't want my dog to want a contract extension and miss training camp, then drop the frisbee when it's thrown right to him.
Now that's funny. BTW how much you paying the dog? Don't allow him near a marker, ok?
Old 03-30-2010   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by da Bull View Post
A number of folks have been advocating drafting Hardesty as a 2-3 round choice if not Matthews in the 1st. Did he not play behind Foster at Tennessee?

So, it might appear that Foster may be a bit better than he has been given credit for. If so, then maybe running back isn't as big a need in the draft as we all would tend to think. Foster's played in NFL games and these other cats haven't.....just, sayin'.
I think RMARTIN65 has posted that Hardesty has had three knee injuries.
Old 03-30-2010   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Texans | Matt Schaub happy with start of offseason program
Comment (0)
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:39:51 -0700

Houston Texans QB Matt Schaub was pleased with the way the team kicked off the start of their offseason workout program Monday, March 29, reports Nick Scurfield, of HoustonTexans.com. "All the guys are on board, and we're ready to go out to work and get better," Schaub said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texans | Arian Foster looking to build on late-season success
Comment (0)
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:39:15 -0700

Houston Texans RB Arian Foster said he has been working out since the 2009 season concluded, according to Nick Scurfield, of HoustonTexans.com. "I took a little bit of a break, but I plan on doing big things this year, so I've been working like it," Foster noted. Foster rushed for 216 yards and three touchdowns during the team's final two regular season games. On a side note, he changed his jersey number from 37 to 23 during the offseason.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0jfByz8b3

Something tells me that Foster is going to show off this year. Remember how Steve Slaton was asked about the competition in camp last camp? The first thing he said was Arian Foster looks to be the real deal.
I am hoping Arian's mom begins to post here again. I really enjoyed hearing from her before last season. She had some interesting things to say about his injuries, as I recall.
Old 03-30-2010   #20
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Could Earl Campbell?
Is comparing Earl Campbell and Dunta Robinson in the same post grounds for being banned form the boards?

Can I get a ruling?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read