Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mckinney <> or = Weigert

Wolf

100% Texan
For those that follow the OL closer than I do. (which isn't hard)

Say we draft a Center and he beats out McKinney.. Mckinney played Guard (if I am not mistaken) with the Colts.. How does McKinney compare to Weigert? Who would you want manning the RG position?

Of course that is IF we find a replacement at Center

Well from what I have hear of him when he with the Colts, he was playing at close to a pro bowl level. But Weigert has been in the system longer and McKinney has been getting wiped for the past couple of years.

McKinney, at 302#, is undersized for for OG. Weigert, at 309#, is not much better but I would give him the edge. Actually, I'd like to draft Dan Buenning in the third round and let him push the two veterines for the starting job.

For the past month I've been advocating drafting David Baas at the bottom of the first (trading down) for the OG position and drafting Chris Spencer for the OC position. Now, I don't think we can get both these players; and I've also begun to change my mind - thinking that Baas might verge on being an elite player at the OC position. But could he could start to begin the season? Physically, he has it all over McKinney, but whether he could master the mental aspect of the position that quickly is up in the air. OC is the "qb" of the OL, making all the blocking and blitzing calls.

Back