Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-28-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Stevens Still Wheelchair Bound

In the early years, Stevens' play generated many harsh and "unkind" words. However, I doubt that no one here even would have meant him any harm. He essentially lost his battles on the football field, but is fighting hard to keep from losing them off the field.

Quote:
Former NFL player Matt Stevens remains in a wheelchair after accident
by Aaron Wilson
March 27, 02010

Former Houston Texans safety Matt Stevens remains bound to a wheelchair after a motorcycle accident three years ago where he broke his spinal cord.

He is paralyzed from below his torso, and doctors have told Stevens he'll never walk again.

"I can move my arms, my chest, my upper back and my head and that's it," Stevens told the Texans' official Web site. "So there's no chance of me walking, feeling, moving again, unless science comes up with some major new breakthrough. ..

"I have a girl who loves me and I have two kids. The reason I subconsciously made it through the accident when I was in a coma is due to my kids."

Stevens said he maintains a positive attitude despite the challenges he faces.

"It's very hard for me to get around," he said. "I can drive with hand controls. I have basically, on average, two doctors appointments per week, and they assess my progress. Whatever I can do, I'm trying to do at the gym just to try to keep my strength up."

Per the report, Stevens remains in touch with several NFL players, including Mike Vrabel, Larry Izzo and Brian Dawkins.

"I talked to Seth (Payne) not too long ago," Stevens said. "Actually, Jamie Sharper visited me in the hospital when I was there. Troy Evans, Aaron Glenn, Jason Bell, Marcus Coleman - I've talked to all of them. They all try to give me the positive attitude to keep your lip up when it's kind of hard to keep your lip up when you can't do anything. It's just a day-by-day fight. It's what it is."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Stevens Still Wheelchair Bound

Dang motorcycles are just too dangerous. I dont know why people take those kinds of risks.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65390 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Heh, there used to be a great post made by the guys that used to run DGDB&D where they got into an e-fight with Stevens wife. If you ever read those blogs you can only imagine how that ended up.
Old 03-28-2010   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

That's really sad.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Everytime I get on a bike, I close my eyes for half a second and remember that this ride could be my last. Ride fast and ride free.

I hope Stevens picks up Murderball from his local video shop. He's a competitor but so are some of those guys from the video!
Old 03-28-2010   #6
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Everytime I get on a bike, I close my eyes for half a second and remember that this ride could be my last. Ride fast and ride free.
that's why i no longer ride with friends who have children. One can be careful riding, but never safe. Not that i'm ever careful.

After my bones healed from my latest wreck, i wanted to get back on a bike to test my fear...go on one just to ride around my neighbourhood for a few minutes (sans helmet or gear)....ended up hitting 200mph 5minutes later.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
that's why i no longer ride with friends who have children. One can be careful riding, but never safe. Not that i'm ever careful.

After my bones healed from my latest wreck, i wanted to get back on a bike to test my fear...go on one just to ride around my neighbourhood for a few minutes (sans helmet or gear)....ended up hitting 200mph 5minutes later.
Crazzzzy, just carazzzy.
Old 03-28-2010   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I may have been harsh to Matt Stevens - the player, but I sent Matt Stevens - the person, my prayers when I very first heard about his accident.
Old 03-28-2010   #9
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Crazzzzy, just carazzzy.
Nah. Fun till ya get a good wobble going...
Old 03-28-2010   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post

Then you're missing out. I'm fun to ride with. My dad was too. My boy'll do circles around ya! 8 years old and handles himself like a demon.

Riding a motorcycle is perfectly safe. If you don't feel safe on one then you should not be riding at all.

*light goes off in head in regards to handgun owners and their strong feelings on the matter*
Old 03-28-2010   #11
Boris
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 Boris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVPBoris was voted MVP

i remember flying down a hwy in north Texas w/a buddy of mine, we were basically side by side going over 150mph.... he was in my field of vision & then all of a sudden disappeared behind me. I slowed down for him to catch up but he never did.

Panicked, i took the 1st exit i could find, u-turned & doubled back @ top speed. The whole time preoccupied by how i would tell his family he died. Turns out the moron ran out of gas!

No mas.
Old 03-28-2010   #12
Boris
All Pro

Quote:
Riding a motorcycle is perfectly safe.
other DRIVERS are my problem.
Old 03-28-2010   #13
Boris
All Pro

Quote:
Riding a motorcycle is perfectly safe. If you don't feel safe on one then you should not be riding at all.
uhm...
[quote]Everytime I get on a bike, I close my eyes for half a second and remember that this ride could be my last. Ride fast and ride free./QUOTE]

Don't sweat, i have the same reflex.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read