Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-28-2010   #1
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which player would you not want the Texans' division rivals to draft?

I'm not a draft guru by any means but I enjoy checking out mock drafts and reading up on potential players that could end up with the Texans. I also do the same for our division rivals and think to myself that if they were to take that player, how would it impact the Texans. So I wanted to know if anyone else does the same and if so, which player would you be concerned with if they did draft them? For me, I would hate for one of the projected top DE go to either Jax or Tenn such as Pierre-Paul, Sergio Kindle or Derrick Morgan.

- Moderators...I didn't know where to start this thread so I apologize for putting you to work if it has to be moved.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which player would you not want the Texans' division rivals to draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I'm not a draft guru by any means but I enjoy checking out mock drafts and reading up on potential players that could end up with the Texans. I also do the same for our division rivals and think to myself that if they were to take that player, how would it impact the Texans. So I wanted to know if anyone else does the same and if so, which player would you be concerned with if they did draft them? For me, I would hate for one of the projected top DE go to either Jax or Tenn such as Pierre-Paul, Sergio Kindle or Derrick Morgan.

- Moderators...I didn't know where to start this thread so I apologize for putting you to work if it has to be moved.
Indy or Tenn getting Jordan Shipley.

Jax getting Tim Tebow because is he ever gets to play he will be a media magnet and the NFL always gives the team with the best media magnet the edge.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which player would you not want the Texans' division rivals to draft?

Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #4
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not want the Titans to draft Jimmy Clausen.
Old 03-28-2010   #5
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 1808 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson
Why would you want a division rival to get either of them. I would want n e of them to get Bruce cambell cuz he's got bust written all over him
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #6
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
Why would you want a division rival to get either of them. I would want n e of them to get Bruce cambell cuz he's got bust written all over him

This man does not bust.
Old 03-28-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32275 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
The question was
Quote:
Which player would you not want the Texans' division rivals to draft
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2010   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Ndamakung Suh(Sp?) or Gerald McCoy.

Neither of them will happen but our interior o-line is already bad enough currently.
Old 03-28-2010   #9
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I don't want the Colts to draft either Tyson Alualu or Brandon Graham. Alualu has the speed and quickness which most DT lack and in the Colts system he could be a force. As for Graham, being menotred by Dwight Freeney, Graham could become the next Freeney, same build and excellent speed and motor.

As for the Titans, I don't want them to get a DE, DT, and or CB because those are positions of need for them. Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson, or Dan Williams, for example.

The Jaguars are probably going to draft Pierre-Paul or some other DE, as long as it is someone other then Graham i am fine with that.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #10
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care much for Dan Williams as a pick for the Texans, but I don't want to see him on the Titans next year. I hope the Dolphins or Broncos pick him.

I hope the Jags or Titans pick Dez Bryant, because he will be the least impactful player for either team. I wouldn't mind seeing either get Joe Haden because watching him cover AJ and KW ought to be fun. Both have about 4 inches on him

As for the Colts... meh. I dunno who they are targeting, but I'm sure they will still be a tough team regardless of who drops to them.
Old 03-28-2010   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69234 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans-Thomas, Wilson,or any DB that can make an impact right away.

Indy- Any DB or OL that can make an impact right away. Pouncey,Asamoah,Campbell or CB's McCourty,Wilson or Thomas

Jax- WR,DE, Bryant, Morgan, Pierre-Paul,Dunlop etc....
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #12
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post

The Jaguars are probably going to draft Tim Tebow or some other TE, as long as it is someone other then any QB worth a crap i am fine with that.
fixed that up nice for ya.
Old 03-28-2010   #13
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not want our division rivals to draft Earl Thomas, Mike Upati, or Taylor Mays.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I hope the Jags or Titans pick Dez Bryant, because he will be the least impactful player for either team.
I was thinking the exact opposite. Because of his ROC ability and knack for coming down with bad passes, Bryant is the one player I don't want to see in a Titans or Jags uni.
Old 03-28-2010   #15
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

#1 Pierre Paul
#2 Earl Thomas
#3 Brandon Graham

Jags & Titans both in play for those 3...

Who I WISH the Jags would take?

Clausen (I think he's gonna be a bust and this is an awful fit for him)

Who I WISH the Titans would take?

Pouncey (Yeah he'd make them better but he's not better than Mawae)
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #16
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Dexter McCluster. I can see him running away from our safeties.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Any DT with a chip on his shoulder and a motor.
Old 03-28-2010   #18
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

In no particular order, Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson, Pierre-Paul, Rolando McClain
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Odrick to the Clots. Iupati to either the Jags or Tennessee. Pollian very seldom moves up. He just might to get his hand on Jered Odrick. Ordrick could move all around their D-line to give Freeny blows in the game. He's the perfect tweener. He'll give Duane Brown fits. If either Tennessee or the Jags get their hands on Iupati, we ain't going to ever sweep them in the near future.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read