Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-26-2010   #1
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chester Pitts may become a (Seahawk or Viking)?

Quote:
No, not at all," said Pitts, an eight-year veteran with the Houston Texans. "Things happen. That's the business. People come and

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
people go. It's all part of the game. Based on what I'm hearing, (McCloughan) just needed some time. Everybody has things that go on in their lives."

Without a GM in place, Pitts said he met with team president Jed York and had lunch at Yan Can restaurant with director of pro personnel Tom Gamble.

Pitts, 30, is coming off microfracture surgery on his right knee and said doctors also repaired a torn lateral meniscus. About two more months of rehabilitation loom, but Pitts did not rule out being ready for June mini-camps.

Pitts, a starting left guard with the Texans since 2002, said he had not discussed where he would play with the 49ers but was open to moving to the right side. Asked about his prospects for a starting job, Pitts said: "I would expect the five best players to be on the field, whoever they are. I definitely expect myself to be one of those five guys
http://www.insidebayarea.com/49ers/ci_14714364

I didnt see this anywhere so I went ahead and posted it.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chester Pitts may become a 49er

Pitts and Carr reunited and it feels so good.........

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck, CHester. I was hoping he could recover and retire a Texan and be the first Texan "from college to hanging up the cleats".
Old 03-26-2010   #4
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

It isn't a done deal yet.

Quote:
The 49ers, however, are getting lobbying help from recent acquisition David Carr. The backup quarterback played with Pitts in Houston. Both are California natives.

"How about that?" Pitts said. "(Carr) called me and left me a two-minute voice mail saying: 'Chester, don't be afraid to come home. Chester, don't be afraid to become a 49er.' "
And Chester thought "great I get blamed for more of your stupid sacks."
Old 03-26-2010   #5
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

Yep ... after that call ... he's thinking retirement .
Old 03-26-2010   #6
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34

Yep ... after that call ... he's thinking retirement .
I doubt the call has much impact. Dave's former teammates neither idolized nor hated him as much as the fans did.
Old 03-26-2010   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I doubt the call has much impact. Dave's former teammates neither idolized nor hated him as much as the fans did.
Chester said Carr didn't played because he loved the game . He played because he was good and he may have lacked passion .

I'm thinking that's not a guy to follow , unless that's the only deal you can get . Carr and Singletary will be worth watching if nothing else .
Old 03-26-2010   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34

Chester said Carr didn't played because he loved the game . He played because he was good and he may have lacked passion .

I'm thinking that's not a guy to follow , unless that's the only deal you can get .
A prima donna and a guy who lacks passion. I guess I'd pass on them both at this point
Old 03-26-2010   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
A prima donna and a guy who lacks passion. I guess I'd pass on them both at this point
They were both big fish in a very small pond .
Old 03-27-2010   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

To reinforce your statement. This is from the original source of misinformation NinersNation.

Quote:
Our incorrect report on the 49ers signing Chester Pitts

Earlier this evening a post went up stating that the 49ers had signed offensive guard Chester Pitts. That information is NOT correct. Chester Pitts has NOT signed with the San Francisco 49ers. He still might sign with the 49ers, but it has not yet happened. I realize there is a FanPost addressing this issue, but I felt given the quick spread of the information, that a front page retraction was necessary.

In our blogging platform, all the front-page writers have the ability to write up a post and either post it right away, save it as a draft, or schedule it to post on a future date and time. We had a post ready to go for if the 49ers signed Chester Pitts and it accidentally posted, when it should have been saved as a draft.

Now, it's not like we had a post related to the 49ers trading for Donovan McNabb, or something big like that. It was only Chester Pitts after all. Nonetheless, I realize people visit this site to get as accurate of information as possible. So, even though it wasn't a misprint of a monster signing, it's still important that I address the situation. The most important thing this site has is credibility, and anything that hurts that credibility is not good for the site. So, I apologize for the confusion and incorrect information.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 221176 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

"It's only Chester Pitts"

Well screw that, we'll take him back.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
To reinforce your statement. This is from the original source of misinformation NinersNation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
"It's only Chester Pitts"

Well screw that, we'll take him back.
Ain't that the shits... it's only Chester Pitts after all!

I wonder if Chester has seen this?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Ain't that the shits... it's only Chester Pitts after all!

I wonder if Chester has seen this?
Then the fans started to drone off on recipes for tapioca pudding? Huh? Football is not cooking, guys?
Old 03-27-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Then the fans started to drone off on recipes for tapioca pudding? Huh? Football is not cooking, guys?
Wha?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Wha?
In the comments section, JB. I generally make normal coherent thoughts. Tapioca pudding was not in my football vocabulary until today.
Old 03-28-2010   #16
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

I read somewhere a few days ago that the Texans had asked him to give them a chance to match any offer he gets.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I read somewhere a few days ago that the Texans had asked him to give them a chance to match any offer he gets.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=70
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything new on this?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #19
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
thank you.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010   #20
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

HWSNBN's recruiting efforts has gone to the fans of the 49ers. One fan made this...
http://tweetphoto.com/16602450
Not nearly as badass as a Texan jersey.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read