Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-25-2010   #1
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tebow told to STFU!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...st-falls-flat/

Tebow's pre-Wonderlic prayer request falls flat

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2010 7:20 PM ET

As we've mentioned once or twice, quarterback Tim Tebow's habit of openly expressing his religious beliefs could potentially rub folks the wrong way, especially in a locker room of grown men who choose to keep their beliefs to themselves, who don't share his beliefs at all, and/or who only want to hear "God bless" after they have sneezed.

We're told that Tebow already has gotten a taste of the resistance he might face at the next level.

At the Scouting Combine, the Wonderlic exam is administered to players in groups. The 12-minute test is preceded by some brief instructions and comments from the person administering the test.

Per a league source, after the person administering the test to Tebow's group had finished, Tebow made a request that the players bow their heads in prayer before taking the 50-question exam.

Said one of the other players in response: "Shut the **** up." Others players in the room then laughed.

We're not passing judgment on this one; we're just passing along what we've heard. And it illustrates the type of challenges that could be faced by the team that drafts Tebow.

That said, some teams might embrace those challenges. The final decision will depend largely on the composition of the team, and the personalities of the coach, the G.M., and the owner.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tebow told to STFU!

I heard this on 610 radio yesterday. I think he should not have requested a prayer. If he wanted to pray for himself cool or if others asked him to lead them in prayer. There seems to be no focus on the cursing of the other player who apparently did not have the guts to say "Tim, pray for you and allow us to do what we want." It is amazing that cursing is so readily accepted by people. It is such a "manly" thing to do I guess.
Old 03-25-2010   #3
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 51 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

I know he means well, but people like him can be a pain in the neck. They're always trying to save everyone.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #4
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

PFT posted yesterday after the STFU that Tebow was not told to STFU
Old 03-25-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the Texans take a good look at the player who told him to STFU... I'm interested in gruff players with cojones.

Tebow would fit in as Kurt Warner's protege. It's a bit late for that though.
Old 03-25-2010   #6
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

man i would love to find out who said that lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I heard this on 610 radio yesterday. I think he should not have requested a prayer. If he wanted to pray for himself cool or if others asked him to lead them in prayer. There seems to be no focus on the cursing of the other player who apparently did not have the guts to say "Tim, pray for you and allow us to do what we want." It is amazing that cursing is so readily accepted by people. It is such a "manly" thing to do I guess.
Personally, I wouldn't have said STFU. But I would have thought it. And if someone else had said it, I would have laughed.

For me, it was absolutely the wrong time and place to suggest a prayer.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2010   #8
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rlic-incident/
Old 03-25-2010   #9
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Personally, I wouldn't have said STFU. But I would have thought it. And if someone else had said it, I would have laughed.

For me, it was absolutely the wrong time and place to suggest a prayer.
I agree, if Tim fits in well with his new teammates and he wants to lead a prayer for those who are interested, then thats great. But in this situation he was with a bunch of strangers. This is basically no different then randomly doing this while walking down the street one day.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I agree, if Tim fits in well with his new teammates and he wants to lead a prayer for those who are interested, then thats great. But in this situation he was with a bunch of strangers. This is basically no different then randomly doing this while walking down the street one day.
Tim Tebow is a guy i'd find myself punching out there. He's a pushy preacher. Proven time and time again. Even during the Super Bowl.
Old 03-25-2010   #11
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Tim Tebow is a guy i'd find myself punching out there. He's a pushy preacher. Proven time and time again. Even during the Super Bowl.
Wow. With everything going on in the world on a daily basis you would chose to punch out the guy that wants to pray.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

what super bowl?
if it werent for the uproar before the super bowl about the commercial, I seriously doubt one would know what it was about.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Wow. With everything going on in the world on a daily basis you would chose to punch out the guy that wants to pray.
I don't give a rats ass if he wants to pray. That's not what it's about. It's about him crossing the line and being pushy about it. I do not like Tim Tebow for this reason alone. He'd be the guy I'd give a weekly wedgie topped off with a toilet swirl if we attended school together.

Kid's a heckuva footballer though.
Old 03-25-2010   #14
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 26148 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

let's all bow our heads before we post and ask for the guidance and endurance to make the most excellent posts ever...
Old 03-25-2010   #15
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Tim Tebow should look into playing another position or being the jack-of-some-trades type of player. Maybe play a bit of halfback, tight end, quarterback, and linebacker?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #16
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I don't give a rats ass if he wants to pray. That's not what it's about. It's about him crossing the line and being pushy about it. I do not like Tim Tebow for this reason alone. He'd be the guy I'd give a weekly wedgie topped off with a toilet swirl if we attended school together.

Kid's a heckuva footballer though.
Read the link I posted about how Tebow and crew are calling the STFU report false and he only said that to Max Hall
Old 03-25-2010   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Read the link I posted about how Tebow and crew are calling the STFU report false and he only said that to Max Hall
Actually, the link said that there appeared to be conflicting accounts.

At this point, we don't know what really happened. And we probably never will.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to say one thing.

To the fans and everybody in Gator Nation, I'm sorry, extremely sorry.

I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this.

You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season, and you will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season, and you will never see a team play harder that we will the rest of the season.

God bless.

~Tim Tebow
Old 03-25-2010   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hay Tbo , i will pray with you fo shore .

sorry VY fans , just couldn't help it .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Hay Tbo , i will pray with you fo shore .

sorry VY fans , just couldn't help it .

Vy must have got a ghost writer to write that. It was way too coherent...
JB is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read