Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-25-2010   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default path to the draft -texans tonight on nfl network

just a heads up 5:30 pm central

ill post if it was any good or not

HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: path to the draft -texans tonight on nfl network

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post

Great info, thanks. I will try to make it home for that. I keep watching it nightly but see same basic stuff and of course Tebow.
Old 03-25-2010   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Great info, thanks. I will try to make it home for that. I keep watching it nightly but see same basic stuff and of course Tebow.
Mayock has been selling Earl Thomas to teams picking after the Texans. could you imagine if the Texans passed on him
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #4
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Mayock has been selling Earl Thomas to teams picking after the Texans. could you imagine if the Texans passed on him
Oi, I would not be happy with that one. Thomas is custom fit for this D, he would give us a legitimate interception threat.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AH, but if we traded down to Dallas and THomas dropped? I just don't see him falling that far. He might not be there #20 as we have discussed.
Old 03-25-2010   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Thomas is an excellent value at #20. There is no need to trade down if he's there. Is it really worth the risk to pick up a 4th round pick and hope he drops 5 spots? I don't think so.
Old 03-25-2010   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AH, but if we traded down to Dallas and THomas dropped? I just don't see him falling that far. He might not be there #20 as we have discussed.
It would have to be one hell of a package for me. I am talking a 2 firsts and this years second.
Sponsored links
Old 03-25-2010   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post

Thanks for posting!
Old 03-25-2010   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

McCourty and Wilson are the players they are talking about. They are saying we need to find a way to beat the Colts.

Earl Thomas is mentioned, this is my pick.

51 and 81- they want a RB- they said Toby!!! at 51, or Tate at 81
Old 03-25-2010   #10
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
McCourty and Wilson are the players they are talking about. They are saying we need to find a way to beat the Colts.

Earl Thomas is mentioned, this is my pick.

51 and 81- they want a RB- they said Toby!!! at 51, or Tate at 81
I'm really thinking those players should be flip-flopped. Tate at 51 and Gerhart at 81.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #11
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I'm really thinking those players should be flip-flopped. Tate at 51 and Gerhart at 81.
same
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #12
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected

For those of you who do not have NFL Network...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...s-on-the-clock
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #13
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! View Post
For those of you who do not have NFL Network...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...s-on-the-clock
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.
What he said^^^^^

I don't get the NFL channel and enjoyed seeing that.

Thanks again.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010   #15
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I have read and looked at, I think Tate is regarded higher on this board than in the general draft community. I'm starting to warm to Gerhart.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
From what I have read and looked at, I think Tate is regarded higher on this board than in the general draft community. I'm starting to warm to Gerhart.
There you go.
Old 03-28-2010   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a shame that Lagarette Blount is going to come so cheap to whoever drafts him because they are going to ge a good RB.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No. even if the stud RB is there. Thomas was born to play next to Pollard. I just have a general policy of not taking highly ranked players form a class of mediocre candidates . Just me but it's poor drafting. They tend to bust out. The odds are you can pick the same, and if you're lucky, better, with a later round pick. this years corners as a class are poor.

I've got Earl thomas going to Frisco with the seventeen pick.

Interesting read on the guy heading up Frisco's draft.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/page/2/
since they, San Fransisco controls the middle of the board, might be a wise idea, if your interested, look up past drafts on what the Jets have done in recent history.
Old 03-29-2010   #19
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There you go.
Gerhardt is going to be a beast when he gets stuffed in the back field because he couldn't reach the second level and wreck havoc because there was no hole from the inception of the play. Shrewd drafting there boys. Instead of a number, will just paint a big "S" on the front of Gerhart's uniform.

Old 03-29-2010   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Scout.com reports that Idaho G Mike Iupati is going to work out for the Texans. They're one of seven teams wanting to get another look at him. I still don't see them drafting a guard in the first round, but they're covering their bases, which is wise.
Keep hope alive.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2010/03/k...n_will_ha.html

I knew I wasn't crazy. They got a running game, Kubiak can count on, they've got a Spuer bowl caliber offense. If..... they can keep everyone healthy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read