Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-24-2010   #21
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pat Kirwan Mock 4.0 (E. Thomas Sliding?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
This is what I'm talking about. IMO....it's just like RBs - you can get one in a later round that will have the same impact to a team.
I feel like a broken record but...

The vast majority of the running backs last year that were top 10 in rushing were 1st round picks. You CAN get RBs in a later round that will have the same impact to a team but it's very, very rare. If you want a RB who's going to make a difference, draft one in the 1st.

If you're fine with a running game in the bottom of the league, then play Russian Roulette with drafting one in the 4th-7th rounds. Even RBs taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds are iffy.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
This is what I'm talking about. IMO....it's just like RBs - you can get one in a later round that will have the same impact to a team. Honestly man, you can see the DTs that were studs went to teams in the first round from 04-09that were already filled with defensive studs on their team - Vince Wilfork (Patriots) Tommy Harris (Bears) Hiloti Ngata (Ravens). Those teams, except for The Ravens were picking low because they were already in the playoffs.

I say go DB, be it Thomas or Wilson because they will make an impact. You only go RB if those two are gone and even then you start to heavily consider if one of the top 5 guards are available especially if Pitts doesn't come back.
Really? How has that worked out for us in last 4 years? Slaton had one good year and he was a third round. Nothing else. Arian Foster may turn out to be the Power back needed & be tremendous value as an UDFA. He may also bust and minimal evidence to say which. We need an RB in 1st or 2nd.
Old 03-24-2010   #23
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a fan. I would take Matthews in a heartbeat. It's time we got the franchise back. That being said, we'll take a TE.
Old 03-24-2010   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I'm not a fan. I would take Matthews in a heartbeat. It's time we got the franchise back. That being said, we'll take a TE.
A TE at # 20? Uh, no.
Old 03-24-2010   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 352717 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
A TE at # 20? Uh, no.
I believe, with all my heart, that was sarcasm.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I believe, with all my heart, that was sarcasm.
Yeah, you are right. I sped read because I had a message and missed the sarcasm. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2010   #27
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah well wake me when he sacks Manning.

I've been against taking a RB high since forever. But Mathews Fits. Iupati is off the board. And they're bring in guys in to shore up the hole next to Myers. So I guess it's either a Rb or a corner....from a poor group of corners. Might be a good year to move out of the first. I think expecting Schaub to play as well as he played last year is a shaky foundation to begin the season on. I wish we had a line we could depend on to take over a game when we're in the lead. it certainly would be nice. The less exposure for Schaub the better. If i were going to take the DT I'd take Odrick myself. He gets us closer to a true Hybrid defense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read