Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 03-22-2010   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A thank you.

I'm in this week's Houston Press as one of their "Blog Stars"--10 bloggers who "rock their world."

In this blog post, I thank lots of people, including y'all. Not like this is like winning an Academy Award or something, but I like thanking people who help me out.

You guys definitely helped me out by making me feel brave enough to write about Texans stuff to a bunch of strangers...many of you are not strangers any more. I'm inspired by how many people care strongly about our favorite team.

Texan fans are the best.
Old 03-22-2010   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A thank you.

Awesome!!!! you deserve it. love the Earl Thomas pick too
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I'm in this week's Houston Press as one of their "Blog Stars"--10 bloggers who "rock their world."

In this blog post, I thank lots of people, including y'all. Not like this is like winning an Academy Award or something, but I like thanking people who help me out.

You guys definitely helped me out by making me feel brave enough to write about Texans stuff to a bunch of strangers...many of you are not strangers any more. I'm inspired by how many people care strongly about our favorite team.

Texan fans are the best.
Thank YOU!! You've been rocking my world for 8+ years...

*okay losers get y'alls head out of the gutter*
Old 03-22-2010   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

TexansChick (the large black one )... thank us? BS. Thank YOU for everything. You were the first one to ever reach out to me after I joined this board. Now I've got a great memory after memory after memory imbedded into my family's lives. I've made so many friends simply because you reached out. You're one of the good ones out there. I wish there were more people like you. My entire family thanks you. I'm glad to have met you. You're a difference-maker. A damn decent human being... this board is filled with them.

Shameless promoting is exactly right! Now I know where to get a criminal attorney... lol. I understand though. Being a great Texans fan is an expensive hobby!

Thank you, Stephanie.
Old 03-22-2010   #5
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

NO thank you Texans Chick
Old 03-22-2010   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
TexansChick (the large black one )... thank us? BS. Thank YOU for everything. You were the first one to ever reach out to me after I joined this board. Now I've got a great memory after memory after memory imbedded into my family's lives. I've made so many friends simply because you reached out. You're one of the good ones out there. I wish there were more people like you. My entire family thanks you. I'm glad to have met you. You're a difference-maker. A damn decent human being... this board is filled with them.

Shameless promoting is exactly right! Now I know where to get a criminal attorney... lol. I understand though. Being a great Texans fan is an expensive hobby!

Thank you, Stephanie.
Nah, being a Texan fan isn't an expensive hobby, no more expensive than it is to anybody else. Having the time to write blogs instead of increasing my paying work is a very expensive hobby. My kids are getting older, and time is ticking to get college money together. I like having the opportunity to go to school events with them and pick them up at school, but that may be a luxury that goes away. I do some legal work from home but not like I used to full time.

Paying for college (among other bills) makes me worry.

/joins the crowd
Old 03-22-2010   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nah, being a Texan fan isn't an expensive hobby, no more expensive than it is to anybody else. Having the time to write blogs instead of increasing my paying work is a very expensive hobby. My kids are getting older, and time is ticking to get college money together. I like having the opportunity to go to school events with them and pick them up at school, but that may be a luxury that goes away. I do some legal work from home but not like I used to full time.

/joins the crowd
I meant it as a tongue in cheek sort of statement. Being a Texans fan is extremely expensive for me so there's my logic behind it! Haha.

Thank you for everything, TC.
Old 03-22-2010   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

/joins the crowd
You can always go on game shows:

1/2 Stephanie Stradley on Millionaire Ladies night

and..........

2/2 Stephanie Stradley on Millionaire Ladies night

Just sayin'!!!

BTW, you were HOT then, and of course you're HOT now!
Old 03-22-2010   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I meant it as a tongue in cheek sort of statement. Being a Texans fan is extremely expensive for me so there's my logic behind it! Haha.

Thank you for everything, TC.
I knew what you were saying. And thanks. I wasn't sure if I should even say that sort of stuff, but being very real.

Texan fans who travel from out of town are a special type of diehard.
Old 03-22-2010   #10
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

and..........

Just sayin'!!!

Ha. They don't have enough well paying game shows these days. And my brain is too shot for Jeopardy! (fill in the blank is much more difficult than multiple choice). The Jeopardy test darn near killed me. Too much Shakespeare not enough sports.

Besides, the government takes most of your money anyways.

Funny thing about the WWTBAM appearance is that they put on my makeup and used a mascara that disagreed with me. So my eyes kept watering up and it was hard to keep them open. In person, Regis looked like an oompa loompa with unnaturally white teeth. His makeup was orange.
Old 03-22-2010   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

and..........

Just sayin'!!!

No friggin' way! Wow!
Old 03-22-2010   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

TC you do a great job of inviting discussion and sharing knowledge about our beloved Texans, and all in a respectful manner. It's pretty obvious you put in a lot of effort into what you do and your passion shines through. As Nitro said you are one of the good ones and definitely a difference maker! Thank you and keep up the good work.
Old 04-06-2010   #13
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, I didn't know you were so darn cute. I guess all the good ones really are taken.

For what it's worth, I want you to know that your writing has a very positive presence in my life. My father and I have been building a renewed relationship during my adult years, and one of the topics we bond over is our fandom for the Texans. Every time we meet up, your blog always comes up in conversation. That's mainly because we both concur that we get the most interesting substance out of your posts than anywhere else. We're big on LZ and AJ too, but Dad loves your writing.

/flattery
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #14
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

THANKS Steph for being there for US!! There are about 5 posters on this board whose post I never miss, esp when they are talking FOOTBALL, and you are definitely one of them. It's NICE having a gal rep who can keep up with all the male ego's!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #15
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

You're a good writer Texans Chick, that's why you have a following.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #16
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
You're a good writer Texans Chick, that's why you have a following.
I gots to go with Thorn on this one. It's rare that you find someone that can write in an entertaining and conversational style. You seem to have that knack and its not an easy one to develop.

The content is always great with the blogs but the delivery is just as good. And that counts for a lot.
Old 04-06-2010   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Thanks y'all. /where's the dang blush emoticon?

When I write, I think of people who might be interested in what I am writing about, and write for them. Sort of like sitting around at a sports bar and having a conversation...saying mostly silly stuff, some stuff they might not know, and once and a while stuff that matters.
Old 04-06-2010   #18
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When I write, I think of people who might be interested in what I am writing about, and write for them. Sort of like sitting around at a sports bar and having a conversation...
And you'd be amazed at how hard that is for some people......
Old 04-06-2010   #19
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 187579 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

When I write, I think of people who might be interested in what I am writing about, and write for them. Sort of like sitting around at a sports bar and having a conversation...saying mostly silly stuff, some stuff they might not know, and once and a while stuff that matters.
One would think that would be a basic requirement for any writer/journalist. But like Drew kinda said, it ain't.

As long as you keep blggging you'll have at least one guy in your audience.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010   #20
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

This is why I could never be a writer. When I'm at the sportsbar, I'm mainly talking out my ass.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read