Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

A thank you.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
I'm in this week's Houston Press as one of their "Blog Stars"--10 bloggers who "rock their world."

In this blog post, I thank lots of people, including y'all. Not like this is like winning an Academy Award or something, but I like thanking people who help me out.

You guys definitely helped me out by making me feel brave enough to write about Texans stuff to a bunch of strangers...many of you are not strangers any more. I'm inspired by how many people care strongly about our favorite team.

Texan fans are the best. :fans:

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
I'm in this week's Houston Press as one of their "Blog Stars"--10 bloggers who "rock their world."

In this blog post, I thank lots of people, including y'all. Not like this is like winning an Academy Award or something, but I like thanking people who help me out.

You guys definitely helped me out by making me feel brave enough to write about Texans stuff to a bunch of strangers...many of you are not strangers any more. I'm inspired by how many people care strongly about our favorite team.

Texan fans are the best. :fans:
Thank YOU!! You've been rocking my world for 8+ years...

*okay losers get y'alls head out of the gutter*

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
TexansChick (the large black one :lol:)... thank us? BS. Thank YOU for everything. You were the first one to ever reach out to me after I joined this board. Now I've got a great memory after memory after memory imbedded into my family's lives. I've made so many friends simply because you reached out. You're one of the good ones out there. I wish there were more people like you. My entire family thanks you. I'm glad to have met you. You're a difference-maker. A damn decent human being... this board is filled with them.

Shameless promoting is exactly right! Now I know where to get a criminal attorney... lol. I understand though. Being a great Texans fan is an expensive hobby!

Thank you, Stephanie.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
TexansChick (the large black one :lol:)... thank us? BS. Thank YOU for everything. You were the first one to ever reach out to me after I joined this board. Now I've got a great memory after memory after memory imbedded into my family's lives. I've made so many friends simply because you reached out. You're one of the good ones out there. I wish there were more people like you. My entire family thanks you. I'm glad to have met you. You're a difference-maker. A damn decent human being... this board is filled with them.

Shameless promoting is exactly right! Now I know where to get a criminal attorney... lol. I understand though. Being a great Texans fan is an expensive hobby!

Thank you, Stephanie.
Nah, being a Texan fan isn't an expensive hobby, no more expensive than it is to anybody else. Having the time to write blogs instead of increasing my paying work is a very expensive hobby. My kids are getting older, and time is ticking to get college money together. I like having the opportunity to go to school events with them and pick them up at school, but that may be a luxury that goes away. I do some legal work from home but not like I used to full time.

Paying for college (among other bills) makes me worry.

/joins the crowd

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
Nah, being a Texan fan isn't an expensive hobby, no more expensive than it is to anybody else. Having the time to write blogs instead of increasing my paying work is a very expensive hobby. My kids are getting older, and time is ticking to get college money together. I like having the opportunity to go to school events with them and pick them up at school, but that may be a luxury that goes away. I do some legal work from home but not like I used to full time.

/joins the crowd
I meant it as a tongue in cheek sort of statement. Being a Texans fan is extremely expensive for me so there's my logic behind it! Haha.

Thank you for everything, TC.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame

/joins the crowd
You can always go on game shows:

1/2 Stephanie Stradley on Millionaire Ladies night

and..........

2/2 Stephanie Stradley on Millionaire Ladies night

Just sayin'!!!

:)

BTW, you were HOT then, and of course you're HOT now! ;)

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
I meant it as a tongue in cheek sort of statement. Being a Texans fan is extremely expensive for me so there's my logic behind it! Haha.

Thank you for everything, TC.
I knew what you were saying. And thanks. I wasn't sure if I should even say that sort of stuff, but being very real.

Texan fans who travel from out of town are a special type of diehard. :fans:

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
You can always go on game shows:

1/2 Stephanie Stradley on Millionaire Ladies night

and..........

2/2 Stephanie Stradley on Millionaire Ladies night

Just sayin'!!!

:)

BTW, you were HOT then, and of course you're HOT now! ;)

Ha. They don't have enough well paying game shows these days. And my brain is too shot for Jeopardy! (fill in the blank is much more difficult than multiple choice). The Jeopardy test darn near killed me. Too much Shakespeare not enough sports.

Besides, the government takes most of your money anyways. :choke:

Funny thing about the WWTBAM appearance is that they put on my makeup and used a mascara that disagreed with me. So my eyes kept watering up and it was hard to keep them open. In person, Regis looked like an oompa loompa with unnaturally white teeth. His makeup was orange.

Hardcore Texan

Magnet Man
TC you do a great job of inviting discussion and sharing knowledge about our beloved Texans, and all in a respectful manner. It's pretty obvious you put in a lot of effort into what you do and your passion shines through. As Nitro said you are one of the good ones and definitely a difference maker! Thank you and keep up the good work. :texflag:

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
Hey, I didn't know you were so darn cute. I guess all the good ones really are taken.

For what it's worth, I want you to know that your writing has a very positive presence in my life. My father and I have been building a renewed relationship during my adult years, and one of the topics we bond over is our fandom for the Texans. Every time we meet up, your blog always comes up in conversation. That's mainly because we both concur that we get the most interesting substance out of your posts than anywhere else. We're big on LZ and AJ too, but Dad loves your writing.

/flattery

SheTexan

Hall of Fame
THANKS Steph for being there for US!! There are about 5 posters on this board whose post I never miss, esp when they are talking FOOTBALL, and you are definitely one of them. It's NICE having a gal rep who can keep up with all the male ego's!!:)

drewmar74

disgruntled
You're a good writer Texans Chick, that's why you have a following.
I gots to go with Thorn on this one. It's rare that you find someone that can write in an entertaining and conversational style. You seem to have that knack and its not an easy one to develop.

The content is always great with the blogs but the delivery is just as good. And that counts for a lot.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
Thanks y'all. /where's the dang blush emoticon?

When I write, I think of people who might be interested in what I am writing about, and write for them. Sort of like sitting around at a sports bar and having a conversation...saying mostly silly stuff, some stuff they might not know, and once and a while stuff that matters.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club

When I write, I think of people who might be interested in what I am writing about, and write for them. Sort of like sitting around at a sports bar and having a conversation...saying mostly silly stuff, some stuff they might not know, and once and a while stuff that matters.
One would think that would be a basic requirement for any writer/journalist. But like Drew kinda said, it ain't.

As long as you keep blggging you'll have at least one guy in your audience.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps

This is why I could never be a writer. When I'm at the sportsbar, I'm mainly talking out my ass.

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
This is why I could never be a writer. When I'm at the sportsbar, I'm mainly talking out my ass.
It takes great honesty and self-awareness to say that.

Funny that you mention that. Most of my writing is a response to sportswriters talking out of their behinds. I think sportswriting should be beyond the sorts of things that drunk guys say at the end of the bar. If they have access to the team, they should use that access to tell me stuff I don't already know.

I'm aiming for the sort of sports bar talk that happens between beers 1 and 2.

Brisco_County

Apples and roadmaps
I will only admit that to you guys, but never to my friends. We're too competitive to allow the other to win an argument.

Maybe this is where a woman has an advantage. She can tactfully disarm a testosterone-driven ego.

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame

Funny that you mention that. Most of my writing is a response to sportswriters talking out of their behinds. I think sportswriting should be beyond the sorts of things that drunk guys say at the end of the bar. If they have access to the team, they should use that access to tell me stuff I don't already know.

I'm aiming for the sort of sports bar talk that happens between beers 1 and 2.
TC,

You have a knack for content and style that seems to be elusive to the general Houston sportswriter community.

I pulled out a book that had this piece which I thought you would appreciate. It is written by an old-time Texas sportswriter Gary Cartwright. My favorite quote is one that one of his editors directed toward him........."Your trouble is, your fingers are too fast for your mind.” This essay entitled Confessions of a washed-up sportswriter still seems to hold contemporary pertinence........at least in Houston.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
While I love Steph to death, and she deserves all the love in the world for her witty, intelligent and inside reporting or blogging (whatever its called nowadays). She is the best in town, and the apex of what writing should be - I want to thank her and thank her sister, who passed, but was an extremely inspirational spirit.

Someone else who should be thanked is CloakNNNdagger.....

He does soooo much more behind the scenes than people will ever know. He's a great man, with a great heart, that knows no boundaries except that his friends are soo important to him..

Thanks Doc Jean!!!

Reactions: JB

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
While I love Steph to death, and she deserves all the love in the world for her witty, intelligent and inside reporting or blogging (whatever its called nowadays). She is the best in town, and the apex of what writing should be - I want to thank her and thank her sister, who passed, but was an extremely inspirational spirit.

Someone else who should be thanked is CloakNNNdagger.....

He does soooo much more behind the scenes than people will ever know. He's a great man, with a great heart, that knows no boundaries except that his friends are soo important to him..

Thanks Doc Jean!!!
Thank you so much TB for putting my feelings into words in a much better way than I could.
I have learned so much in the past year from this board and all its members that I am truly humbled.

SS and CnD have enriched my knowledge in many ways.

I love this MB!

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
Thank you so much TB for putting my feelings into words in a much better way than I could.
I have learned so much in the past year from this board and all its members that I am truly humbled.

SS and CnD have enriched my knowledge in many ways.

I love this MB!
and I'm drunk, sooooo all is money!! ;)