Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2010   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default [CHRONIC] Texans hope to host Cowboys in preseason

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/6925340.html

ORLANDO, Fla. -- It looks as if the Texans are going to host the Dallas Cowboys two times next season.

Although it hasn't been announced by the NFL, which sets preseason schedules, expect the Cowboys to visit Reliant Stadium in the third preseason game. The Texans and Cowboys played a home-and-home preseason series until last year.

"We still haven't heard anything official, but I hope it's true," owner Bob McNair said. "I think it'll be great. I always want to play the Cowboys every year. We did up until last year, and we hope to again, starting next preseason. I think we should play them every year."

The Cowboys are splitting training camp between San Antonio and California. On their way home from California, they're expected to come to Houston to play.

Owner Jerry Jones told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram recently that he expected the Cowboys to play a preseason game at Houston.

As always, the Texans will close preseason against Tampa Bay. That game will be at Reliant Stadium. The first two games against an opponent to be determined and the New Orleans Saints will be played on the road.

The Texans will host the Cowboys during regular season. The date and time won't be announced until next month. It'll be the second time the Cowboys have played a regular-season game at Reliant Stadium. The Texans defeated them in the franchise's first game in 2002.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #2
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline
Default Re: [CHRONIC] Texans hope to host Cowboys in preseason

You have to think that the game in the regular season will be prime time.

I hope so anyway.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

What the article doesn't mention is that since the Girls play the Bungles in the HOF game, it will be the Texans' 3rd preseason game............but the Girls' 4th preseason game. And as you know, the 3rd game is when the starters play the most, while the 4th game is when final looks at players which are most like not to be seen again or when looks at 2nd and 3rd stringers abound. So I doubt (despite a normal "rest" period prior to the 1st regular season game for the Girls) that there will be much that we will be able to walk away with concerning true analysis of this likely very skewed head to head talent.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #4
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
What the article doesn't mention is that since the Girls play the Bungles in the HOF game, it will be the Texans' 3rd preseason game............but the Girls' 4th preseason game. And as you know, the 3rd game is when the starters play the most, while the 4th game is when final looks at players which are most like not to be seen again or when looks at 2nd and 3rd stringers abound. So I doubt (despite a normal "rest" period prior to the 1st regular season game for the Girls) that there will be much that we will be able to walk away with concerning true analysis of this likely very skewed head to head talent.
The Hall of Fame Game participants get 5 preseason games.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Good. I hope our first stringers run the score up thereby us developing a reputation for not backing down. I'm ready to sock 'em in the mouth. Twice.

Eff 'em.
Old 03-22-2010   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
The Hall of Fame Game participants get 5 preseason games.
Now that you bring it up........you're absolutely right.........gives them more games to have players injured.........and, for those avoiding injury, more wear and tear going into the regular season........
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #7
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

I want no part of the Cowboys twice.

Every time they come to Reliant, their fans as a group are donkeys. I have been threatened twice by Cowboy fans mostly because 1. I dared to wear Texans clothes at the Texans home stadium; 2. they were drunk a-holes. It wasn't because their teams lost because usually they lost after I was assaulted or nearly assaulted.

This time I'm not playing. I will totally narc a Cowboy fan on the narc text line if they give me any sort of trouble in my direction. Even though the Texans win, I really do not like the Cowboy fan behavior at Reliant.
Old 03-23-2010   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want to play them in preseason if we are going to play them in the regular season.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

Every time they come to Reliant, their fans as a group are donkeys. I have been threatened twice by Cowboy fans mostly because 1. I dared to wear Texans clothes at the Texans home stadium; 2. they were drunk a-holes. It wasn't because their teams lost because usually they lost after I was assaulted or nearly assaulted.

This time I'm not playing. I will totally narc a Cowboy fan on the narc text line if they give me any sort of trouble in my direction. Even though the Texans win, I really do not like the Cowboy fan behavior at Reliant.
Cowboy fans are some of the worst. My buddy has a card shop and I have been over there when he and I have almost came to blows with Cowpatty fans who run off at the mouth and think it's ok to threaten us or his other customers in the shop. It's actually kind of sad. Not many are actually cool. Steeler fans are for the most part just too cocky, not as a-holeish.
Old 03-23-2010   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post

DITTO!!!! Once is enough!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #11
ArTex
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respectedArTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Holy HECK. My password hasnt worked in 2 years, NOR did the password reset option? Now it randomly let me change the password. Once Casserly left town, he took my site membership with him!! lol

Not that it matters to anyone or anything here, just strange...I guess welcome myself back. Hope many posts can follow...

I VERY briefly went to Cowboys training camp in Oxnard, CA years ago for the heck of it. Even here in another state Cowboys fans are dillholes. You'd figure there'd be some dillhole dilution the further out they are, but nope.
ArTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

the problem with the chronicle is that any common abbreviation i see of it (chron, chronic, whatever) always steers the mind towards some blessed botanical. that's no good because what i'm gonna read will ALWAYS be a disappointment.

what i'm trying to say is that our local print paper sucks and it's been in this miasmic state since The Houston Post died. a lack of competition can do terrible things to a voice.
Old 03-23-2010   #13
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 612 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

If there are any fans less knowledgable than Cowboy fan I don't know who they are.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #14
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Not this again...

Look, not all of us are like that. When I first joined this board I posted a thread about how I got a taste of what y'all were talking about but 3/4 Cowboys fans in attendance for that game were just there to root on their team, talk a little smack, and have fun.

Just like everyone else in the stadium.

Don't paint all Cowboys fans with the same broad brush. Especially the ones tailgating with you wearing the Schaub jersey and NFC East Champions hat

The worst fans I have encountered to date are Niners fans. Waaay more *********gery than anything I saw from the drunkest of 'Boys fans.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Not this again...

Look, not all of us are like that. When I first joined this board I posted a thread about how I got a taste of what y'all were talking about but 3/4 Cowboys fans in attendance for that game were just there to root on their team, talk a little smack, and have fun.

Just like everyone else in the stadium.

Don't paint all Cowboys fans with the same broad brush. Especially the ones tailgating with you wearing the Schaub jersey and NFC Champions hat

The worst fans I have encountered to date are Niners fans. Waaay more *********gery than anything I saw from the drunkest of 'Boys fans.
Not saying all Cowturd fans are like this, just alot of them.
Old 03-23-2010   #16
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Pass.

I'd almost rather play the Buccaneers again in the pre-season instead of the Cowboys twice in one year.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon fellas we got bigger fish to fry here.
It amazes me how badly a lot of people in Houston want to beat the Cowboys.
I believe there's Texans fans who would trade a sweep of Indy for a single win
against the non-division/non-conference opponent Dallas ?
Let's get our prioritys straight, the teams we really should want and need to beat the most are AFC South teams and most of all the Colts, otherwise we're never going to make it to the playoffs.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
If there are any fans less knowledgable than Cowboy fan I don't know who they are.
HoustonFrog? He's a decent one. I like him ok.
Old 03-23-2010   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Love it, time to make some money back on this putrid investment to date.
Old 03-23-2010   #20
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
C'mon fellas we got bigger fish to fry here.
It amazes me how badly a lot of people in Houston want to beat the Cowboys.
I believe there's Texans fans who would trade a sweep of Indy for a single win
against the non-division/non-conference opponent Dallas ?
Let's get our prioritys straight, the teams we really should want and need to beat the most are AFC South teams and most of all the Colts, otherwise we're never going to make it to the playoffs.
I hate the Colts, and want nothing more than to sweep them and the TicTacks. The Jags last year were an aberation, we own them. I, for one, just also really hate Cowpatties. Is it too much to ask for 6-0 in AFC South AND a win vs the Brokeback Mountain gang?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read