Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-22-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Owen Daniels Demonstrates Class in his own "Chaos"

Kudos are difficult to throw out to those who may be taking over your position, especially when contract talks have not gone your way so far. But, DO seems to stay above it all.

Quote:
ē Texans TE Owen Daniels, who missed the final eight games of the 2009 season with a knee injury, believes the increased playing time that then-rookie James Casey received in his absence was "a little bit of a blessing in disguise" for Casey. Daniels also praised veteran Joel Dreessen, who caught 21 passes in the second half of the season. "He's a superunderrated player in my opinion," Daniels told PFW. "He knows what he's doing and he does a good job. He's always going to give you his best and he's pretty well rounded. He's a really good blocker and he can catch the ball and make some things happen. He definitely got more comfortable as the year went along. That'll just make us all better when we're working this offseason."
Profootballweekly
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #2
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Owen Daniels Demonstrates Class in his own "Chaos"

"Itís the third ACL (tear) that Iíve had in my life"
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...=pfw&type=lgns
The third blown knee ? That makes me nervous.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If OD thinks those other guys are so good, lets cut him!!

J/K
Old 03-22-2010   #4
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

... That'll just make us all better when we're working this offseason."

That doesn't sound like a hold out?
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #5
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a chance to do some business with OD from December to January. He is a great guy. Very humble, personable. We even talked some football and at the time he said his rehab was going fine and had not experienced any set backs. The couple of times I saw him face to face I didnít notice a limp so that was a positive.

I even told him that the Jets being in the AFC Championship game was a joke and ridiculous. I told him that should be the Texans playing. He very much agreed. I even told him we could beat Indy in Indy and I expected them to be in the Superbowl this year. He agreed with that as well.

He is a good guy. I hope he stays.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think players have any leverage this season as far as "holding out" with the 2011 lockout possibility. Am I looking at that wrong? I also don't think Daniels is even thinking about holding out.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #7
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I don't think players have any leverage this season as far as "holding out" with the 2011 lockout possibility. Am I looking at that wrong? I also don't think Daniels is even thinking about holding out.
If ODs already had 3 knees (meaning of course he's had a problem with the same knee "atleast" twice, he's got Lev with the Texans I would think - but that's one that maybe C-N-D could answer ?
But I'd guess the probability of another injury to a knee increases with each injury ?
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2010   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
If ODs already had 3 knees (meaning of course he's had a problem with the same knee "atleast" twice, he's got Lev with the Texans I would think - but that's one that maybe C-N-D could answer ?
But I'd guess the probability of another injury to a knee increases with each injury ?
How so?
Old 03-22-2010   #9
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

OD helped make me a fan of TEs in this offense. I really like him a lot but from a football stance only, I would like to get some picks for him as I think Dreesen and CAsey will do all right. Hopefully, we will have a RB in draft to help also.
Old 03-22-2010   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Itís the third ACL (tear) that Iíve had in my life"
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...=pfw&type=lgns
The third blown knee ? That makes me nervous.
I'm now for drafting a TE or two at BPA. Seriously.
Old 03-22-2010   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
How so?
he's got NO Leverage - makes a difference - sorry about that
Old 03-22-2010   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

IDEXAN, I answered a similar question in this post:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=176

BTW, OD had undergone ACL repair on EACH knee prior to this last event.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
IDEXAN, I answered a similar question in this post:

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=176

BTW, OD had undergone ACL repair on EACH knee prior to this last event.
Thanks CND, grateful to have your expertise here.
Old 03-22-2010   #14
Sideline
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 118 Sideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respectedSideline is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Sideline

Once again proving the character of the those of the Texans roster is above and beyond that on any other roster.

As you all say it does worry me that he already has had trouble with his knees, we could end up seeing a premature end to his career with those problems, one more on the same knee as this time could be killer.
Sideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #15
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

OD is one of my favorite guys. I remember when he was drafted, it was like "who?", but in year one you knew he was gonaa be good.

Overall he's been pretty durable, I can only remember one other injury since he's been a pro, like a shoulder or something. However those knees seem to be an issue.

Last year (or even right after the injury) I would have said we'd b crazy to give a up a player like OD, but we've lost key players to career ended injuries and ended up with no compensation. With all that said, what if we shopped OD. I'm big on player loyalty, but from a competition and business stand point would you pull the trigger for the following:

I'm using Buffalo since they had interest last year.

OD for:

Buffalo's 1st
and
swap 3rds

(Don't know if the Bills even have a 3rd, I didn't dig around too much.)
Old 03-22-2010   #16
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
OD is one of my favorite guys. I remember when he was drafted, it was like "who?", but in year one you knew he was gonaa be good.

Overall he's been pretty durable, I can only remember one other injury since he's been a pro, like a shoulder or something. However those knees seem to be an issue.

Last year (or even right after the injury) I would have said we'd b crazy to give a up a player like OD, but we've lost key players to career ended injuries and ended up with no compensation. With all that said, what if we shopped OD. I'm big on player loyalty, but from a competition and business stand point would you pull the trigger for the following:

OD for:

Buffalo's 1st
and
swap 3rds

(Don't know if the Bills even have a 3rd, I didn't dig around too much.)
Sounds great, but I would still like to see what he can do coming off the injury. When he is at 100%, hes a bad, bad man.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
With all that said, what if we shopped OD. I'm big on player loyalty, but from a competition and business stand point would you pull the trigger for the following:

OD for:

Buffalo's 1st
and
swap 3rds
I'm a really big fan of Owen's too but we'd be crazy NOT to make that trade. The 9th overall pick in the draft and move up 9 spots in the 3rd round? Absolutely. You pretty much would have Earl Thomas sitting for you at #9 and quite possibly Eric Berry.

Additionally, we've got Dreessen who is underrated and a decent starter (not close to a 100% OD) and James Casey as receiving TE's. This draft has some pretty good TE prospects too if we wanted to draft another one.

Jim Dray Stanford
Jermaine Gresham Oklahoma
Aaron Hernandez Florida
Tony Moeaki Iowa
Rob Gronkowski Arizona
Anthony McCoy USC
Colin Peek Bama

Go FS Earl Thomas, RB Ryan Matthews, CB Brandon Ghee, LG Mike Johnson in the 1st 3 rounds = 4 new starters

I just don't see Buffalo going for that at all. They still wouldn't have a franchise LT to protect their non-existant franchise QB to throw the ball to Owen.
Old 03-22-2010   #18
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Earl Thomas at # 9... Tony Moeaki with the Bills 3rd round pick...

Ryan Mathews # 20...

Playoffs imminent...
Old 03-22-2010   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping Seattle wants OD real bad... #6 bad
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #20
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I'm hoping Seattle wants OD real bad... #6 bad
Are this and the previous comment about the Bills just pulled out of thin air? Or, has there been some rumor that we're shopping OD around?
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read