Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-20-2010   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Five Key Points The Texans Making The Playoffs

Not in any certain order. 1. An improvment in the running game with blocking, fumbles, a playmaker RB in the draft to share the load ect. 2. Overall team health is key as we all know. 3. Better D line rotation and presure up the middle and stopping the run. 4. Someone is going to have to step up and take Dunte place in the secondary either Reevs, Glover, or rookie fill in. 5. A kicker to presure Brown, Who knows? It may bring out the best in him. If not, the next guy up. I know this is not anything new but the offseason is long and this is what I'd like to see from the Texans in 2010. I hope you like it feel free to add your thoughts in this thread while its just food for thought. GO TEXANS
Old 03-20-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Five Key Points The Texans Making The Playoffs

Well Gary, I just got through writing a long response to your post. As I was finishing up I did something stupid and got knocked clean off of the site. Dont know what I did because I am on my laptop and my fingers dont quite fit right.

Gorilla fist we used to call it. Anyway, I was agreeing with what you posted and was just expounding a bit when the snafu happened. However I am just a bit too (tipsy, drunk, stoned, *******ed up) tired to try to post it again.

Good post bud and good things are on the horizon.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010   #3
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, so much JB home to see more comments from you guys.
Old 03-20-2010   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Rick Dennison is going to be a key to making the playoffs. He's going to come in here and point out the dumb things our coaching staff does and insist on a good running game. Being a former o-line coach and the fact that he's calling the plays, I'd think he's spending all offseason working on this. I know a little bit about him from Denver and he's a no BS guy.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

better execution & game planning would help. players & coaches have to step up & quit turning over games they should win
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I think Rick Dennison is going to be a key to making the playoffs. He's going to come in here and point out the dumb things our coaching staff does and insist on a good running game. Being a former o-line coach and the fact that he's calling the plays, I'd think he's spending all offseason working on this. I know a little bit about him from Denver and he's a no BS guy.
Rep to you. That is one of the things I discussed in my long post that got fubar'd.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 57152 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we're going to be OK on offense. The running game is important, but it's not an end all be all situation. The D is what has me scratching my head. Which came first, the pass rush or the shut down corner? Damned if I know, but I suspect the pass rush. DL(AGAIN) and DB should be our priorities going into the draft and it looks very promising. There are some studs on D this year.

I want our running game to succeed as much as anyone, but we really only need to run well enough to keep defenses honest. If they know we might run on just about any down and distance ( within reason, of course), they can't pin their ears back and rush the passer. That's how I see it, anyway.
Old 03-20-2010   #8
gary
Hall of Fame

Who thinks the O iis going to change with the new OC?
Old 03-20-2010   #9
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Who thinks the O iis going to change with the new OC?
Shouldn't change much at all, Kubiak is an offense based head coach and he'll keep his finger on the pulse. There might be some small changes but it will still essentially be Kubiak's baby
kiwitexansfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Shouldn't change much at all, Kubiak is an offense based head coach and he'll keep his finger on the pulse. There might be some small changes but it will still essentially be Kubiak's baby
That is what I'm thinking and also thinking Spiller in the draft if he's still there.
Old 03-20-2010   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102688 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

SuperGary, you forgot #6.... Fans showing up early and being loud... Just sayin'

Old 03-20-2010   #12
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
SuperGary, you forgot #6.... Fans showing up early and being loud... Just sayin'

Oh, and fire Gary as he is the worst HC ever.
Old 03-20-2010   #13
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Having just a little bit better run game will help us in so many phases. Keeping the ball for a couple of extra minutes each game could be the difference in making playoffs or not.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010   #14
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest, I don't really care if we have a good running game. But if we are going to get 3.3ypc, we should probably run less and pass more. Also, if we are on the goalline, we need to be able to put it in. We don't need a stellar running game to punch it in from 1st and goal on the 1. We just need a powerback that doesn't completely suck.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010   #15
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

(1) Peyton Manning suffering a fatal heart attack sometime between now and the opening of the 2010 NFL regular season.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #16
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't say fatal..

But maybe to where he never recovers enough in his arm to ever play more than catch with a kid..
Old 03-22-2010   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
So, we're not going to forget AJ is on the team? Lil Shanny did that way too much.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read