Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-16-2010   #1
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan
Default Texans (hoping to be featured) on hard knocks/UPDATE/Jets picked

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6916120.html

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #2
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35954 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans on hard knocks

You should have put a ? at the end.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #3
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 176 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year Kubiak was asked about it on 610 and said No he would not be interested in doing something like that. Went on to say something about the 'routine' and privacy being interrupted so i don't expect this to happen.
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans (hoping to be featured) on hard knocks

I have mixed feelings on this. I'd like to see more of the Texans, but I also very much agree with Kubes comments. Besides, isn't that on HBO? I'd have to order HBO from Comcast which would add more cost on an already overpriced package I have from them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #5
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I doubt we'd be picked even if we wanted to be... not enough "talkers" on the team.

There's a big difference when Ochocinco and AJ are in front of a camera off the football field...
Old 03-16-2010   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I have mixed feelings on this. I'd like to see more of the Texans, but I also very much agree with Kubes comments. Besides, isn't that on HBO? I'd have to order HBO from Comcast which would add more cost on an already overpriced package I have from them.
Watch the segments on You Tube.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #7
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 95025 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a fan of this for the same reasons Kubiak said.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2010   #8
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz90 View Post
Last year Kubiak was asked about it on 610 and said No he would not be interested in doing something like that. Went on to say something about the 'routine' and privacy being interrupted so i don't expect this to happen.
I remember that.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #9
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to see it. I think HBO does a fantastic job with that show.
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As a fan of the Texans I would love to watch this and "get to know" the players better. I think we'd really see the personal side of players and make us like some them more. If I were a coach, I'd be just like Kubiak and say absolutely not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Ditto, I don't wanna have to pay any more than I already do. Switched to AT&T U-Verse which is better but still don't want to pay for HBO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I doubt we'd be picked even if we wanted to be... not enough "talkers" on the team.

There's a big difference when Ochocinco and AJ are in front of a camera off the football field...
I disagree, respectfully of course. I know what you mean, but I think guys like Pollard and Cushing would be intense. We have lots of really cool guys too that would make it really funny - David Anderson!? But maybe I'm just being biased. I could totally see a scene where Jacoby is smarting off and then they show Andre rolling his eyes. hahah
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #11
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Would love to see this. Whats the worst that could happen anyway, we don't make the playoffs again? Maybe it has the reverse effect similar to the Bengals this year.
Old 03-16-2010   #12
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And the owner has now said he wants the exposure for the team, guess who wins?

The Chiefs and the Bengals both had huge jumps in fan base around the country from this show. Guys like Mario, Demeco, Cush and Schaub need the national exposure. (AJ is starting to get some national love already, but more is good).

Coaches like Kubiak hate this kind of thing because the real opinion the teams has about a player is shown. And Kubiak has always protected his guys in public, Hard Knocks will expose the coaches and GM meetings.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 184792 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
And the owner has now said he wants the exposure for the team, guess who wins?
I don't know who wins. What I do know is that winning football games will do more for this team's image than appearing on a cable channel. If the head coach doesn't like the idea, don't do it. Or get another head coach with your viewpoint.
Old 03-16-2010   #14
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh.... the Bengals did just fine last year after hosting the show. This would intensify our TC enjoyment ten fold. Bring it on.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #15
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather see our team on prime time tv games.....than hard knocks......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love for the Texans to be featured.on this show!
Old 03-16-2010   #17
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I don't know who wins. What I do know is that winning football games will do more for this team's image than appearing on a cable channel. If the head coach doesn't like the idea, don't do it. Or get another head coach with your viewpoint.
You don't know who wins between Kubiak and McNair? LOL. I do.

It's time we got some balls and started doing something like this. I'm all for it.

This team has been hiding in the corner like scared little kids for far too long. Time to come out into the sunlight and manage having cameras in front of us AND training for the season.

Last time I checked, it didn't hurt the Bengals season...
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #18
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30074 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2112mn View Post
I would rather see our team on prime time tv games.....than hard knocks......
We've gotten prime time games the last two years, and will likely have more than one this upcoming year.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #19
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 15444 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
You don't know who wins between Kubiak and McNair? LOL. I do.

It's time we got some balls and started doing something like this. I'm all for it.

This team has been hiding in the corner like scared little kids for far too long. Time to come out into the sunlight and manage having cameras in front of us AND training for the season.

Last time I checked, it didn't hurt the Bengals season...
I think this would be great for us. Specifically for the fans. Im a die hard Texan and I dont really know our players. Everything I know is about their stats and other stuff. I think it be cool to start putting some personalities to these guys. I would love if the 2010 Texans were on Hard Knocks.

Not only for that reason but this could be the most anticipated season in Texan team history. Coming off our first winning season, the sexy pick of the AFC to "finally" turn the corner. It would be awesome to document the whole thing.

Do it Mcnair/Smithiak
Old 03-17-2010   #20
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

David Anderson is HBO gold!
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read