Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-16-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What I like about this years draft class....

No rumors or internet rumors of anyone having a drug history. Of course it might arise as the draft nears but seems to me like we were hearing alot of that around this time last year.

Perhaps Brian Cushing persuing a law suit against that guy that said he did roids, has quieted that down quite a bit.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What I like about this years draft class....

Anyone agree?
Old 03-16-2010   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Give it time.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Good point. Maybe these kids have finally learned but you never know. I just think it's so dumb that some of these guys know they're going to get tested, especially at the combine and still test positive for drug use. Talk about lack of common sense and a lack of ability to weigh risk/reward!!

Not that I condone drug use at all... but at least be smart about it if you're gonna do it! Maybe these guys have found a way to beat the system.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who knows, maybe those drug rumors helped us out.

If everyone knew that Cushing was clean, maybe he would have gone top 10.

Instead he fell to us and now we've got an allpro!
Old 03-16-2010   #6
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, how about the guy that it comes out that he's a sex offender because he had a "consensual" incestuous relationship with his younger sister?

It's not like failing a drug test but that's a helluva thing to get broadcast to the entire world.
Old 03-16-2010   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

With all the steroid talk going on last year with baseball and Roger Clemmons things will probably be quiet for a while. It will not last long as every athlete will be searching for a way to be better. I chuckle everytime I see Curt Angle. He is half the "pump" he used to be.
Old 03-16-2010   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Well, how about the guy that it comes out that he's a sex offender because he had a "consensual" incestuous relationship with his younger sister?

It's not like failing a drug test but that's a helluva thing to get broadcast to the entire world.
That guy gets drafted by Tennessee!
Old 03-16-2010   #9
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

??

is that a hypothetical or do you have some inside info that there is actually such a player??
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Fits like a glove with the Tacks.

Not that I'm condoning consentual incestous sex but Tony Washington is a real talent. Who would look good on the Texans OL.

No guys with drug histories? LaMarcus Coker.

Although Coker supposedly has been clean for 3 yrs. He's one of the most talented RB's in this draft. he want be drafted until rds 5-7. Because of past transgression with the ganja.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
??

is that a hypothetical or do you have some inside info that there is actually such a player??
I was thinking the same thing but figured it would probably be best to just move along.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #12
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
??

from rotoworld.com

Quote:
Tony Washington: Tony Washington a registered sex offender?
Tony Washington - T - CLG - Mar. 10 - 2:37 pm et
Abilene Christian OT Tony Washington reportedly had sex with his 15-year-old biological sister when he was 16, and is a registered sex offender.
It's believed the sexual act, which occurred in May 2003, was consensual. "I made a mistake at the age of 16, and for that, I am deeply sorry," he said in a statement. "I will not try and excuse or justify anything." Washington, who might be a first-round prospect based on size, length, and athleticism alone, was a big recruit at LSU in 2005. He originally received five years' probation and no jail time. Washington is reportedly now on good terms with the sister. Mar. 10 - 2:37 pm et
Source: SportFanLive.com
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #13
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Thanks, Painekiller.

I couldn't remember the guy's name. I just remembered it as Washington and for some reason, I thought he was d-line. I searched and searched and couldn't find him.

But this was on the Scouting Combine show on the NFLN. They were talking about how the guy came forward with it right up front and didn't try to hide it.
Old 03-18-2010   #14
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes information is leaked right before the draft almost as if some team wants that particular player to drop.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Sometimes information is leaked right before the draft almost as if some team wants that particular player to drop.
That's why I said it might arise as the draft nears.
Old 03-24-2010   #16
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
No rumors or internet rumors of anyone having a drug history. Of course it might arise as the draft nears but seems to me like we were hearing alot of that around this time last year.
Well, I think that is about to change, based on this article. Seems maybe we've been hearing fewer rumors because it's SO widespread now!
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #17
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Well, I think that is about to change, based on this article. Seems maybe we've been hearing fewer rumors because it's SO widespread now!
I don't see why anybody cares about pot use. They're in college, what do you expect?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read