Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-15-2010   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default JaMarcus Russell a No-Show for Conditioning Program

Normally when players miss the "voluntary" camps I usually just blow it off, but this dude's a real piece of work, man. There are players who'd give just about anything to be in this fatass' shoes. He knows the starting QB position is on the line and he's been criticized for being a lazy fatass in the past, yet he misses another condition program. This isn't the first time, so even if he comes up with an excuse my stance remains the same.

I'm usually not a "I told you so" kind of guy, but I knew he was a joke coming out of LSU and he's yet to do anything to prove me wrong. I apologize in advance for my rant, but it's considered a privilege to reach the NFL and assbags like this piss me off.

Quote:
JaMarcus Russell was a no-show for the start of the Raiders' offseason conditioning program Monday.

Considering Russell's work ethic and track record, the real surprise would've been if he had reported on time. The program is voluntary, but Russell is facing a make-or-break year in Oakland and needs all the conditioning he can get. Charlie Frye and Bruce Gradkowski both showed up in the morning. One Raiders starter was quoted as calling the Russell situation "a horror show." Asked about Russell's attendance, another replied "don't hold your breath."
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx
Old 03-15-2010   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JaMarcus Russell a No-Show for Conditioning Program

Yeah but he can throw a ball 70 yards sitting on his ass!!!! lolz
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Couldn't agree with you more. Always thought Calvin Johnson should have been the #1 pick that year. Russell had BUST written all over him, zero work ethic.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #4
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

If SOMEHOW Russell is still the starter going into this season...I'm cutting all my ties with the Raiders. This crap is getting ridiculous.

Pathetic thing is, I was actually starting to believe Russell was trying to change, with him supposedly conditioning in Arizona...I guess that was probably a lie.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
If SOMEHOW Russell is still the starter going into this season...I'm cutting all my ties with the Raiders. This crap is getting ridiculous.

Pathetic thing is, I was actually starting to believe Russell was trying to change, with him supposedly conditioning in Arizona...I guess that was probably a lie.
Well, I still think Al is continuing to drive the Raiders into the ground and has to take the blame for choosing Russell. The trade for Wimbley's kind of a head-scratcher too. The dude hasn't played with his hand down since College.
Old 03-15-2010   #6
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Well, I still think Al is continuing to drive the Raiders into the ground and has to take the blame for choosing Russell. The trade for Wimbley's kind of a head-scratcher too. The dude hasn't played with his hand down since College.

OLB perhaps?

As for JaMarcus, he should be ashamed of himself. Also, I wonder how many NFL advisors gave JaMarcus Leaf a first-round grade?

One more thought, I bet that strength & conditioning coach from the Cardinals could whip JaMarcus into shape!
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

By definition, eating cheetos, drinking Moutain Dew and playing Madden all day is conditioning, so it might not be a total lie.
Old 03-15-2010   #8
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10294 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not that I care but he is in Arizona working on his weight and fundamentals. The real issue beyond his under-performing is that he has lost the respect/confidence of his teammates.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #9
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
Not that I care but he is in Arizona working on his weight and fundamentals. The real issue beyond his under-performing is that he has lost the respect/confidence of his teammates.
Gee... I wonder why that is?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #10
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

JaMarcus should be ashamed of himself and I hope we can get a rookie pay scale in place considering pathetic players like JaMarcus get overrpaid, which comes from the fans pockets and not Al Davis's.

If we play the Raiders, I hope Mario Williams can knock the $hit out of him and make him regret ever playing football.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #11
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

He is garbage. They should cut him.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #12
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
He is garbage. They should cut him.
How much of his contract was guaranteed?

He knows he likely won't start, so he does the minimum to get his paycheck.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #13
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

According to wikipedia:

Quote:
six-year contract worth up to $68 million, with $31.5 million guaranteed.
I am kind of glad he's doing dumb things like this. Eventually, Al may get fed up with him and cut him...

...hell, who am I kidding. He'll probably get an extension . I put most of the blame on Davis for drafting the guy in the first place, but the coaching staff is equally to blame for how JR has turned out.
Old 03-16-2010   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

when do OL let rushers pass?

Ooooops. Sorry JR, I'll get him next time....

OOOOOOPPS. Sorry JR, he's just really good....

OOOOO......well **** you too fatass why don't you try running away?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #15
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
According to wikipedia:

I am kind of glad he's doing dumb things like this. Eventually, Al may get fed up with him and cut him...

...hell, who am I kidding. He'll probably get an extension . I put most of the blame on Davis for drafting the guy in the first place, but the coaching staff is equally to blame for how JR has turned out.
I'm not sure how much of the guaranteed he's still due, but now would be the time to cut him. No cap = no cap hit for cutting large man with no brain.

Meh, you're right. Al's going to extend him 10 years $100 million
Old 03-16-2010   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I think the dude wants out of Oakland. Heck I think he's wanted out the second he got drafted.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #17
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Why in the world would he want out of the only place that will pay him (significantly at that)? IF he did want out of Oakland, you would think he would at least try not to suck...so at least a team may have SOME reason to pick him up and mold him into a better QB. He is crap, will be crap, and I doubt even God could make this steaming pile of feces into a QB.
Old 03-16-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why in the world would he want out of the only place that will pay him (significantly at that)? IF he did want out of Oakland, you would think he would at least try not to suck...so at least a team may have SOME reason to pick him up and mold him into a better QB. He is crap, will be crap, and I doubt even God could make this steaming pile of feces into a QB.
So, what do you really think of him?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #19
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 83169 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe he found a super cheap buffet in the area, and camped out.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #20
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2778 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy knows what he's doing...

He has the dream job. He's fat and lazy and no matter how much more or less he gets in that fat and lazy department he's still going to get paid that 30 million guarantee. What's the motivation to even try anymore? He's been so bad his entire career, surrounded by less than average players, its not like his career is going to be salvaged up there in Oakland in one season.
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read