Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-16-2010   #121
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Jimmy Clausen concerns me with his diva-like attitude. I've read numerous reports stating that when he was being interviewed he came off as "fake". If he works out, great, but the last things the Raiders need is another JaMarcus Russell.
I'm not a huge Clausen fan, but he played in a pro-style offense and he did take some licks and pick himself up and keep playing.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #122
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
We're still waiting for a pick from Wolf6151? 8 hours...

Do we give people a pass on the 12 hour rule when it runs out after midnight?

I hate to do this, but if there isn't a response or pick in by 10:50 PM then we can go ahead and do a group pick if everyone is cool with this.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #123
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree. Why bother with rules if we can't follow them? 12 hours, is 12 hours. We have night owls that can do the group pick.
Old 03-16-2010   #124
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I think it should definitely go 12 hours. I'm just wondering if we let it go a bit longer to allow it to come around to the early birds.

Maybe we should start talking about what the pick SHOULD be and come to a consensus. And if he doesn't get his pick in on time, we can just go with that and the clock can start on slatonisabeast and the Titans.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #125
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I disagree. Why bother with rules if we can't follow them? 12 hours, is 12 hours. We have night owls that can do the group pick.
Rules are meant to be broken Kaiser...

My vote for the pick is Chris Brown. See how the Giants like having one of those on their team.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #126
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I would offer up Brandon Graham as an option for NYG
Old 03-16-2010   #127
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking:

Derrick Morgan, DE
Brandon Graham, DE
Sean Weatherspoon, OLB
Kyle Wilson, CB (may be too early)
Brian Price, DT
Jared Odrick, DT
Bruce Campbell, OT

What about you guys?
Sponsored links
Old 03-16-2010   #128
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMHO, weatherspoon is a lock. Pierce and Clark are way too old and they desperately need OLB help. I wouldve thought McClain would be around though.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #129
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
IMHO, weatherspoon is a lock. Pierce and Clark are way too old and they desperately need OLB help. I wouldve thought McClain would be around though.
I would go Washington or Hughes before I would go Witherspoon or Kindle, JMO.
Old 03-16-2010   #130
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I would go Washington or Hughes before I would go Witherspoon or Kindle, JMO.
Isn't Hughes considered to be more of a 3-4 OLB?
Old 03-16-2010   #131
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Isn't Hughes considered to be more of a 3-4 OLB?
True, I just don't see Witherspoon being a NFL player for that long, especially in NYC.
Old 03-16-2010   #132
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm thinking:

Derrick Morgan, DE
Brandon Graham, DE
Sean Weatherspoon, OLB
Kyle Wilson, CB (may be too early)
Brian Price, DT
Jared Odrick, DT
Bruce Campbell, OT

What about you guys?
Derrick Morgan is off the board
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #133
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote goes to Brian Price in this spot for the Giants.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #134
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Brandon Graham
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #135
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ok, 12 hours it is. The only reason I was breaking the rules is because I didn't know if anyone stayed on TTalk after hours. It's only fair to give him 12hrs.
Old 03-16-2010   #136
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say that you send your picks ahead if you can't get it inside 12 hours.
Old 03-16-2010   #137
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd recommend sending people PM's as their picks get close. It's easy to get on and forget about this thread/mock. just my 2 cents.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010   #138
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
True, I just don't see Witherspoon being a NFL player for that long, especially in NYC.
Why do you say that?
Old 03-16-2010   #139
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Brandon Graham, NY loves them some DL
Old 03-16-2010   #140
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I don't envy Hou-Tex in this mock... by far the most scrutinized picks in this draft!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read