Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-01-2010   #961
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
PM from Pbat488

Possibility I won't be there to check, but if the next two picks happen within a couple hours, I should be able to make the pick...

but my first choice by far is Walt McFadden, CB, Auburn... he's already got a personal workout scheduled with the Bears, so they think he fits what they're looking for..
Thanks Mario, here was the post I made that I probably could of PMed...

With the 109th pick in the 2010 Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears select...

Walter McFadden, CB, Auburn

Reasoning: In this draft and offseason, the Bears are retooling their defense to get it back to where it once was. With Vasher gone and incumbent Corey Graham not a dependable corner, the Bears take the CB they like best in a spot of fairly good value. Also, McFadden has a personal workout scheduled for the Bears on April 7th, so it seems they like the way he plays and think he could fit into their defense.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #962
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

112) Carolina Panthers - djohn2oo8 - on the clock

113) San Francisco 49ers - Kaiser Toro

114) Denver Broncos - Super Mario

115) New York Giants - Wolf6151

116) Pittsburgh Steelers - Super Mario
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #963
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok consensus pick for the Panthers.
Old 04-02-2010   #964
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok consensus pick for the Panthers.
I think they might look towards the WR position. Seems to be good value there and Steve Smith has been talking about handing the #1 reigns over and possibly retiring in the future.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #965
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mitchell or Shipley

Both would be great values at this point in the draft.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #966
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Shipley is GONE.

WR would seem to make sense.
Old 04-02-2010   #967
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll vote for Mitchell.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 04-02-2010   #968
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

What about Dezmon Briscoe, Riley Cooper or Mike Williams?
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #969
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carlton Mitchell from South Florida, I'll 2nd that vote. Still some really good WR left.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #970
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
What about Dezmon Briscoe, Riley Cooper or Mike Williams?
Right now, my board at WR goes like this:

Mike Williams
Dezmon Briscoe
Jacoby Ford
Carlton Mitchell
--------------------------- DRAFT POINT
Taylor Price
Danario Alexander
Eric Decker

The guys above the "draft point" are guys I expected to be gone by now. So for me, any of those guys are probably a good choice.

Jacoby Ford is 5' 9" and I don't think the Panthers want 2 smurfs on the field. So Ford is out.

Now, ignoring Steve Smith for a moment, the Panthers are a running team. I think they'd be happy to get a bigger WR who can also (possibly) block with some training. Of these guys, Calton Mitchell and Danario Alexander are the biggest two. Now, I know that big <> ability to block but for right now, I'm going to make that assumption.

Bottom line: Someone suggested Mitchell as a possibility. I see him as a fit. So I agree even though there are other WRs that could be just as good.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #971
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

That's 3 votes for Mitchell so far, how many do we need? Danario Alexander should also be quite good.
Old 04-02-2010   #972
Blake
MMQB

The Carolina Panthers Select: Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida
Old 04-02-2010   #973
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
DRAFT POINT
You should trademark that, and use it on draft day. Of course, you have to have a tv station, live draft coverage or whatever. Just a couple of formalities...
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #974
Blake
MMQB

KT is running up on his deadline.

He PM'ed me with Myron Rolle, but he was recently drafted. Any suggestions?

Reshad Jones, FS/SS, Georgia
TJ Ward, SS, Oregon
Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska
Old 04-02-2010   #975
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

TJ Ward, SS, Oregon
Probably Jones
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #976
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Reshad Jones sounds good to me.
Old 04-02-2010   #977
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:

TJ Ward, SS, Oregon

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, I was going to pick him for the Giants right after you. Crap.
Old 04-02-2010   #978
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Then definitely Reshad Jones!

J/K
Old 04-02-2010   #979
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
He stole your pick.

But there are alot of good players still on the board.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010   #980
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Go ahead and pick the BPA for KT, if that's Reshad Jones so be it, I got other good players on my list.

San Francisco picks Reshad Jones-S from Georgia.

SteelbTexan has my pick list, feel free to take the 2nd guy on my list even after hours.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read