Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 04-01-2010   #941
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Section516 PM'd me this morning with his selection of Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas.

Or... Jordan Shipley.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #942
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Or... Jordan Shipley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Section516 PM'd me this morning with his selection of Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas for the Cleveland Browns. (PM just forwarded to Super Mario)
Shipley It is.

Colt and Shipley to hook up for more TD's in Cleveland.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #943
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Should we make TIJ's pick? He doesnt post until the night, and his clock is up at 4:30pm today.
Old 04-01-2010   #944
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Should we make TIJ's pick? He doesnt post until the night, and his clock is up at 4:30pm today.
We could discuss it for awhile.

Who's the fastest guy left on the board?

Jacoby Ford, WR?
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #945
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a UT nuthugger. I swear. I think on playing the pass, Earl Thomas is better than Eric Berry.

I didn't make the Colt McCoy pick, but thats who i would of picked.

And i think Jordan Shipley is the better pick, especially due to the chemistry he will already have with his QB
Old 04-01-2010   #946
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
We could discuss it for awhile.

Who's the fastest guy left on the board?

Jacoby Ford, WR?
Yeah. I dont think WR is big on their board. Maybe OL help to protect their new QB, or a CB to replace NA eventually.
Old 04-01-2010   #947
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Yeah. I dont think WR is big on their board. Maybe OL help to protect their new QB, or a CB to replace NA eventually.
Ciron Black or Major Wright.
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2010   #948
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Kaiser Toro is way better GM than Millen ever was
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #949
Blake
MMQB

I am gonna give TIJ Raiders Major Wright unless anyone else has something to say.
Old 04-01-2010   #950
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75541 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am gonna give TIJ Raiders Major Wright unless anyone else has something to say.
Good value at this point in the draft.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #951
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Good value at this point in the draft.
Done.

107) Buffalo Bills - awtysst - on the clock.

108) Jacksonville Jaguars - Ole Miss Texan

109) Chicago Bears - pbat488

110) Miami Dolphins - JB

111) Tennessee Titans - Texan4Ever

Please PM your picks if you are coming up soon and wont be close by.
Old 04-01-2010   #952
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

When you get to the 4th round you look for value. You take players that have potential and you look for guys that may be able top provide adequate depth. If your 4th rounder is able to stick around and contribute in any way, you have done a good job.

In our case, we found a guy who we think is excellent depth now and can potentially start in the future. Some people have been down on him becuase his 40 was a little on the slow side, but what I am looking for is a football player. I am looking for a guy that gives his all on every play. He is a smart young guy who will use his brain to adjust to the offense. He is the kind of guy you want on your sideline and on your side.

So, without further ado, I present to you Buffalo's 4th round pick: Myron Rolle!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #953
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Reggie Nelson known as "The Eraser" is quickly letting the Jags fan know why. He is quickly being erased from their hearts and may soon be erased from the roster for his "bust-like symptoms".

With that said, the Jacksonville Jaguars select TJ Ward, Safety from Oregon. TJ is a safety that is just as punishing a hitter as Taylor Mays but a better tackler and MUCH better in pass coverage.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #954
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to put it out there now that I will not be making any additional Buffalo Bills picks. I signed up for a 4 round draft and have honored my commitment. If this mock continues forward, I will no longer participate due to timing issues coming up.

Since I still have the Arizona Cardinals in the 4th, I will make their pick. After that pick, I will no longer make picks for them after the 4th.

I say this now in order to give a heads up so that someone else can take over at this point with plenty of notice.

I also want to point out how pleased I am with my two teams:

Buffalo Bills
1. Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
2. Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers
3. Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah
4. Myron Rolle, S, Florida State University

Arizona Cardinals
1.Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU
2. Linval Joseph, NT, East Carolina
3a Tony Washington, OT, Abilene Christian
3b Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame
4. TBD

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #955
Blake
MMQB

PM from Pbat488

Possibility I won't be there to check, but if the next two picks happen within a couple hours, I should be able to make the pick...

but my first choice by far is Walt McFadden, CB, Auburn... he's already got a personal workout scheduled with the Bears, so they think he fits what they're looking for..
Old 04-01-2010   #956
Blake
MMQB

110) Miami Dolphins - JB - on the clock

111) Tennessee Titans - Texan4Ever

112) Carolina Panthers - djohn2oo8

113) San Francisco 49ers - Kaiser Toro

114) Denver Broncos - Super Mario
Old 04-01-2010   #957
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80969 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
PM from Pbat488

Possibility I won't be there to check, but if the next two picks happen within a couple hours, I should be able to make the pick...

but my first choice by far is Walt McFadden, CB, Auburn... he's already got a personal workout scheduled with the Bears, so they think he fits what they're looking for..
I was hoping he'd fall to the Falcons. Good value pick I think.
Old 04-01-2010   #958
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say we end this one after four rounds.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #959
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 110th selection in the 2010 draft the Miami Dolphins select

Al Woods- DT LSU

This guy can step in and play either the 5 technique or NT.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010   #960
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 111th overall pick, the Titans select....

Myron Lewis, CB

The Titans need a cornerback and with Warren off the board, Lewis is the next best player. Tall with decent size and speed, Lewis can become a force but is more of a project at this point.

Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read