Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-24-2010   #541
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

If the draft falls this way the Jets are going to have a great defense next year.

Ryan will have that team going deep into the playoffs. In fact I predict a Super Bowl appearance if they stay healthy.

Cromartie, Odrick and Sapp are 3 really good players that make a really good defense potentially great.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #542
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Seattle are kinda like the Texans. They have so many holes to fill. If I had known about the SD trade before this draft started I wouldn't have taken Bradford.

With that said with the 60th pick in the NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select Morgan Burnett. S Ga Tech.

Seattle doesn't have a starting caliber S after letting Deion Grant go. Burnett is a 1st rd talent in most drafts. He is a good hitter with good coverage skills. Burnett is a heady type leader who will have a solid 10 yr career.

The Hawks dont have a 3rd rd pick so their done with this mock. But they do have two 4th rd picks. They can use them to fill the holes at WR,RB or DE.

Bradford, T.Williams and Burnett not a bad haul.

TPN and the NYJ are on the clock.

I can't believe that Burnett fell this far. I don't believe that he's going to have a solid career, I think he's going to have a very good career. He's got great closing speed, plays the run very well, good coverage ability, and is tough. I see some possible Pro Bowls in his future.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #543
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I can't believe that Burnett fell this far. I don't believe that he's going to have a solid career, I think he's going to have a very good career. He's got great closing speed, plays the run very well, good coverage ability, and is tough. I see some possible Pro Bowls in his future.
If we end up going RB in the 1st round, he's the one I'd like to see us target in the 2nd. I like him too.
Old 03-24-2010   #544
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
If we end up going RB in the 1st round, he's the one I'd like to see us target in the 2nd. I like him too.
So if you could choose between Wilson/Tate or Mathews/Burnett, which duo would you choose?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #545
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who do I send my list to, I won't be around for my pick.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #546
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Who do I send my list to, I won't be around for my pick.
Texan4ever or myself.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #547
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
So if you could choose between Wilson/Tate or Mathews/Burnett, which duo would you choose?
I would prefer Wilson/Tate because I think CB is a bigger need than FS.

That being said, Thomas/Tate is want I really want...
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-24-2010   #548
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I would prefer Wilson/Tate because I think CB is a bigger need than FS.

That being said, Thomas/Tate is want I really want...
And use Thomas as a CB then?
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #549
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You made the right choice for the Texans with Wilson/Tate. If we went RB in the 1st round and took Burnett in the 2nd then who would be our #1 CB because none of the guys we currently have are good enough. If we don't choose a good CB in this draft then we're going to get lit up next year by opposing QB's.
Old 03-24-2010   #550
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
LOL, come on man. Everybody should know my stance on that by now.

Wilson/Tate, no question.
Old 03-24-2010   #551
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, come on man. Everybody should know my stance on that by now.

Wilson/Tate, no question.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJ...eature=related
Old 03-24-2010   #552
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Old 03-24-2010   #553
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What ... Wilson and Tate are good picks .

In fact , I think those picks would allow most Texan fans to sleep well until camp starts .
Old 03-24-2010   #554
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoa, I am up. Then without further ado, the Minnesota Vikings select Indiana (PA) CB/FS Akwasi Owusu-Ansah

The Vikings need help in the secondary. One of their top corners, Griffin, is out with a knee injury, the other is 33 years old, and their FS (Williams) is one of the weak links of the D. AOA could play either of those positions, depending on what the Vikings need more.

Enter Owusu-Ansah. He is a supremely gifted athlete that shut down half the field last year, in addition to being a fantastic returner. He is a dangerous player with the ball in his hands.

A little high-light clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWyHc-KGp6c
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #555
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Ole Miss Texan takes Tyson Alualu, DT, California for the Indianapolis Colts.

Last pick in round 2: 64) New Orleans - Texan In Japan on the clock.
Old 03-24-2010   #556
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Good pick Super Mario, he fits their defensive style of play and fills a need at DT.

rmartin65, I'm thinking this is to early for AOA and that he's more likely a 3rd round pick in reality. He reminds me of Antwaun Molden, small school guy with great combine numbers but is lost in the NFL because of the jump in level of competition. I see him as a project for a team that can afford to let him sit on the bench for a year and learn.
Old 03-24-2010   #557
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
rmartin65, I'm thinking this is to early for AOA and that he's more likely a 3rd round pick in reality. He reminds me of Antwaun Molden, small school guy with great combine numbers but is lost in the NFL because of the jump in level of competition. I see him as a project for a team that can afford to let him sit on the bench for a year and learn.
I wanted him, so I got him. The Vikings need secondary help. AOA will provide that help, he is the best corner available in the draft, and he would not be there by the time my third rolls around.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #558
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I wanted him, so I got him. The Vikings need secondary help. AOA will provide that help, he is the best corner available in the draft, and he would not be there by the time my third rolls around.
He was one of the guys that I was debating . When it was my turn , he was considered because of his talent , then I decided not to .
Old 03-24-2010   #559
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Good pick Super Mario, he fits their defensive style of play and fills a need at DT.

That was actually a pick by OMT, but I will take any credit I can get.
Old 03-24-2010   #560
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Ole Miss Texan takes Tyson Alualu, DT, California for the Indianapolis Colts.

Last pick in round 2: 64) New Orleans - Texan In Japan on the clock.

Nice pick, I've been really high on this guy and I don't understand why he doesn't get more attention. He had a much more productive career at DT then Brian Price and others in those ranks. Fast, quick, non-stop motor guy.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read