Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-23-2010   #521
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
With the 54th pick in the 2010 Texans Talk NFL Mock Draft, the Arizona Cardinals survey our board. With our first pick we took TCU standout Jerry Hughes to be one of our 3-4 OLB. Of course as everyone knows, the 3-4 D goes and blows based on one important player: the NT. We believe we have found the right man to anchor our new D.

While some may say he is a reach in this spot, but we believe this is the right time to take him. He is a big strong man who can dominate the line of scrimmage and occupy two Olineman. He will be the anchoring NT that will be flanked by 3-4 DTs Darnell Dockins and Calais Campbell.

So, without further ado, GM awtysst and the Arizona Cardinals are proud to present to you our 2nd round pick: Linval Joseph, NT East Carolina.

I was hoping to draft Joseph for the Bucs at the top of the 3rd rd.

If you like a guy it's better to go ahead and take him. Even if it's considered a reach. Rather than having to hope he falls to you a rd. later.

You got your guy, good pick.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #522
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With the 54th pick in the 2010 Texans Talk NFL Mock Draft, the Arizona Cardinals survey our board. With our first pick we took TCU standout Jerry Hughes to be one of our 3-4 OLB. Of course as everyone knows, the 3-4 D goes and blows based on one important player: the NT. We believe we have found the right man to anchor our new D.

While some may say he is a reach in this spot, but we believe this is the right time to take him. He is a big strong man who can dominate the line of scrimmage and occupy two Olineman. He will be the anchoring NT that will be flanked by 3-4 DTs Darnell Dockins and Calais Campbell.

So, without further ado, GM awtysst and the Arizona Cardinals are proud to present to you our 2nd round pick: Linval Joseph, NT East Carolina.

The Cardinals have Gabe Watson and Alan Branch, two big guys so maybe Joesph can be a role player? High but good pick nonetheless.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #523
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
The Cardinals have Gabe Watson and Alan Branch, two big guys so maybe Joesph can be a role player? High but good pick nonetheless.
I was thinking about having a rotational Dline. Something I have seen in Baltimore is a rotational DL where they will sometimes use a double NT single DE package. In that scheme I have seen Ngata line up in a DE spot and play another large NT in the NT spot with a lighter quicker DE next to him. I could see packages where Joseph, Watson, and Campbell/Dockett are the 3 D-lineman. Watson has played well, but branch has done virtually nothing. Maybe he will step up but he has looked to lack the passion for football, al a certain Texas NT that cannot get off the bench.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #524
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I was hoping to draft Joseph for the Bucs at the top of the 3rd rd.

If you like a guy it's better to go ahead and take him. Even if it's considered a reach. Rather than having to hope he falls to you a rd. later.

You got your guy, good pick.
Yeah, I really wanted to get him and I thought he would be gone by the end of the second/early third, so I knew I had to take him here. Besides rebuilding your D with jerry hughes and Livinal Joseph is a strong start!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #525
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I really wanted to get him and I thought he would be gone by the end of the second/early third, so I knew I had to take him here. Besides rebuilding your D with jerry hughes and Livinal Joseph is a strong start!
I almost took him with the Packers 2nd.

EDIT: Uh, no. Man, I'm tired. It's been a long day. I wasn't taking him for the Packers. I was considering him for my Jets pick which is coming up.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #526
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Drafting those guys and signing Joey Porter means no more 51-45 games.

Which is a good thing since Leinhart is replacing Warner.
Old 03-23-2010   #527
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Does everyone else feel like they've had a great draft? Seems like rosters are getting significantly better through the first two rounds. I know I'm loving my eagles and chargers drafts. Especially the eagles with two productive starters at the back end of the rounds.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2010   #528
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Does everyone else feel like they've had a great draft? Seems like rosters are getting significantly better through the first two rounds. I know I'm loving my eagles and chargers drafts. Especially the eagles with two productive starters at the back end of the rounds.
I feel good about what I got for the Patriots.

OLB Brandon Graham
TE Aaron Hernandez
CB Perrish Cox
RB Jonathan Dwyer

But when you have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, you are going to feel pretty good.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #529
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Drafting those guys and signing Joey Porter means no more 51-45 games.

Which is a good thing since Leinhart is replacing Warner.

Agreed, the Cardinals are gonna' need to rely more on their defense because I don't expect Leianart to play lights out.
Old 03-23-2010   #530
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah

Tampa Bay 1.Berry 2A.Dunlop 2B.Benn

Seattle 1A.Bradford 1B. Trent Williams got another pick coming up and I'm going to get to add one of the 2 guys I want.

Not bad drafts at all.

Shaft you've had two great drafts. The Philly one is the best of anybodys. Considering Phillys draft position. You also filled SD main two needs.

Great job
Old 03-23-2010   #531
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I feel good about what I got for the Patriots.

OLB Brandon Graham
TE Aaron Hernandez
CB Perrish Cox
RB Jonathan Dwyer

But when you have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, you are going to feel pretty good.
Wow the Pats are going to be loaded this year. Even if the draft doesn't fall the way this mock did.
Old 03-23-2010   #532
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wow the Pats are going to be loaded this year. Even if the draft doesn't fall the way this mock did.
The Pats need players, against the Ravens they gave a half-hearted effort and with Welker being questionable they need another WR to stretch the field and players on defense (Brandon Graham would be nice).
Old 03-23-2010   #533
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I know I'm finding it hard not having a 2nd rounder and seeing other teams get better while sitting on the sidelines....
Old 03-24-2010   #534
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It seems every team is getting much better due to the talent level of this draft. I've got the N.Y. Giants and I chose Brian Price-DT in the 1st round but only because Rolando McClain and Dan Williams were both gone, but N.Y. likes playing 2 UT who penetrate and get after the QB so he fits their system pretty well. I got Brandon Spikes-MLB in the 2nd round and he also fills a major need for them and is 1st round talent that drops to the 2nd round because of the eye coughing incident, he'll be a stud MLB in the NFL. These 2 picks will do wonders to fix the middle of their D-line and their ability to stop the run.

I just hope that Smith/Kubiak can do as well in the real draft as HOU-TEX has done in this mock, get at least 2 starters maybe 3 from this draft, and most of all don't F it up by picking project players that we have to wait years to develop.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #535
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253530 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why I'd love for the Texans to drop back and get some more picks for this draft. This draft is going to be serious in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

The Packer's draft:

Bruce Campbell, OT
Dominique Franks, CB

I think that's a good job of hitting their needs but I made a huge mistake not taking Spiller instead of Franks. AND Campbell has such a high possibility of busting. So I'm not feeling great but that's not because I didn't have the chance to make better picks.

The Jet's Draft:

Jared Odrick, DE

I've still got a pick coming up for the Jets in the 2nd round and I'm going to get a player I want no matter how the guys in front of me pick. And I think Odrick was a great pick for them. So I'm feeling good about the Jets.
Old 03-24-2010   #536
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

59) Dallas - Honoring Earl 34

60) Seattle (via/SD) - steelbtexan

61) New York Jets - The Pencil Neck

62) Minnesota - rmartin65

63) Indianapolis - Ole Miss Texan

64) New Orleans - Texan In Japan
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #537
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179094 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys are are feeling this draft didn't quite break the way they wanted . Oh well ... when life gives you lemons you make lemonade and add some rum while taking the highest ranked player on the board . The Cowboys now have two possible 1st round OL and take Rodger Saffold T/G ... party on Jerry .

Old 03-24-2010   #538
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Picks have been updated.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70325
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010   #539
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Seattle are kinda like the Texans. They have so many holes to fill. If I had known about the SD trade before this draft started I wouldn't have taken Bradford.

With that said with the 60th pick in the NFL draft the Seattle Seahawks select Morgan Burnett. S Ga Tech.

Seattle doesn't have a starting caliber S after letting Deion Grant go. Burnett is a 1st rd talent in most drafts. He is a good hitter with good coverage skills. Burnett is a heady type leader who will have a solid 10 yr career.

The Hawks dont have a 3rd rd pick so their done with this mock. But they do have two 4th rd picks. They can use them to fill the holes at WR,RB or DE.

Bradford, T.Williams and Burnett not a bad haul.

TPN and the NYJ are on the clock.
Old 03-24-2010   #540
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

I'd like to thank the Seahawks for making this pick easier for me. Burnett was definitely on my radar at this pick.

And after reading through some different site's ideas about what the Jet's needs are, I have to admit that I'm not agreeing with the Fans I've talked to.

Rex Ryan needs more toys on the outside. The only real question is, which toy?

This one:

Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read