Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-23-2010   #481
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

The Steelers select Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest

Ghee has good size and speed making him a good value in the middle of the 2nd round. He can support the run, and has good makeup speed to defend the pass. Can play man or zone.

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #482
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

53) New England - TexansSeminole on the clock 3/23/2010 9:55:13 AM:

54) Cincinnati - JB

55) Philadelphia - Shaft75

56) Green Bay - The Pencil Neck

57) Baltimore - Texan4Ever
Old 03-23-2010   #483
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Very good pick. I love our draft so far: Wilson and Tate!

Tate is a great fit for a ZB team like ours so we'll probably have him rated higher than most. I'd love for him to slip to our 3rd but I doubt that happens. He could be considered a "reach" here maybe, but he should be able to come in and run the ball effectively. Plus, and I place a much bigger emphasis on this than most, is he's one of the better pass protecting RBs in the draft. That really helps his cause for seeing the field more/getting more snaps. He may get the same amount of touches as say a Dwyer, but I'd reckon Tate would get more snaps (meaning he's in there pass protecting more and the defenses don't "hone in" on the run).

Another guy I think would be a good fit for us in the like the 3rd (or 4th?) is Charles Scott from LSU. I think he's the same way, can run the ball and pass protect. I might take him if we went Mike Johnson in 2nd.

GREAT draft so far!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #484
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Very good pick. I love our draft so far: Wilson and Tate!

Tate is a great fit for a ZB team like ours so we'll probably have him rated higher than most. I'd love for him to slip to our 3rd but I doubt that happens. He could be considered a "reach" here maybe, but he should be able to come in and run the ball effectively. Plus, and I place a much bigger emphasis on this than most, is he's one of the better pass protecting RBs in the draft. That really helps his cause for seeing the field more/getting more snaps. He may get the same amount of touches as say a Dwyer, but I'd reckon Tate would get more snaps (meaning he's in there pass protecting more and the defenses don't "hone in" on the run).

Another guy I think would be a good fit for us in the like the 3rd (or 4th?) is Charles Scott from LSU. I think he's the same way, can run the ball and pass protect. I might take him if we went Mike Johnson in 2nd.

GREAT draft so far!
Thanks, Ole Miss

I guess he might be considered a bit of a reach, but I don't think he'd be there in the 3rd. Having lost out on Coffee and Greene last year I felt it necessary to grab him now. Believe me when I say, it was tough for me to pick a RB this high.
Old 03-23-2010   #485
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tate is a good pick there, nicely done. Also, you do have a solid chance of scoring Walton next round, he is projected late 3rd/early 4th.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #486
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Ahite, we all know what happened to the Texans in the 3rd last season with the RB situation, right? Most know my stance on taking a RB with a high pick and with so many players still on the board that'd I'd love to pick instead makes this even more difficult. But, after losing out on a couple players in last years 3rd round and an abysmal running game this past season, leaves me no choice.

With the 51st pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select:

Ben Tate RB, Auburn

He's a perfect fit for the ZBS, he can catch out of the backfield and he's had experience blocking in his College career. He's been somewhat injury free and durable. The dude ain't skeered to lay da wood!

Other players on my board that I really wanted: J.D. Walton C Baylor, Morgan Burnett FS Ga. Tech

Outstanding pick, he's perfect for our system and runs with power as well.

Interior O-line in the 3rd to make holes for the new running game Mike Johnson, Marshall Newhouse, or Mitch Petrus would be good, you already know about J.D.Walton and Matt Tennant wouldn't be bad either though a little early for him.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #487
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Outstanding pick, he's perfect for our system and runs with power as well.

Interior O-line in the 3rd to make holes for the new running game Mike Johnson, Marshall Newhouse, or Mitch Petrus would be good, you already know about J.D.Walton and Matt Tennant wouldn't be bad either though a little early for him.
Yeppers, just gotta wait and see what I've got to work with. I might just go BPA if my C/G's fall off the board.
Old 03-23-2010   #488
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77873 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgl35 View Post
Kansas City selects Valdimir Ducasse OL U. Mass
At the Senior Bowl, he lined up at all the offensive line positions and took a shot on the defensive side of the ball. Has the size to develop as a NG if not used as a OL.
I thought the Chiefs would want a prospect they could plug and play rather than a guy who is mainly upside (even if that upside is pretty high).

As for him being able to play G if he can't cope as a OL, well not sure Chiefsfan will like that from their 2nd round pick.
Old 03-23-2010   #489
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ahite, we all know what happened to the Texans in the 3rd last season with the RB situation, right? Most know my stance on taking a RB with a high pick and with so many players still on the board that'd I'd love to pick instead makes this even more difficult. But, after losing out on a couple players in last years 3rd round and an abysmal running game this past season, leaves me no choice.

With the 51st pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select:

Ben Tate RB, Auburn

He's a perfect fit for the ZBS, he can catch out of the backfield and he's had experience blocking in his College career. He's been somewhat injury free and durable. The dude ain't skeered to lay da wood!

Other players on my board that I really wanted: J.D. Walton C Baylor, Morgan Burnett FS Ga. Tech
Love the Wilson/Tate draft.

Hopefully a OL,DT or quality S falls to you in the 3rd.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #490
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Love the Wilson/Tate draft.

Hopefully a OL,DT or quality S falls to you in the 3rd.
Yeah, as I mentioned in the post you quoted, I was chewin at the bit for Morgan Burnett too. The more I watch and read on the guy the more I like him.
Old 03-23-2010   #491
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I thought the Chiefs would want a prospect they could plug and play rather than a guy who is mainly upside (even if that upside is pretty high).

As for him being able to play G if he can't cope as a OL, well not sure Chiefsfan will like that from their 2nd round pick.
Will explain what I am trying to do here after we complete this draft. Will say for now that the 2 players I had my eye on for this spot were gone.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #492
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 53rd overall pick the New England Patriots select...

RB Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech

Alot like Fred Taylor, Dwyer is a powerful back with enough speed to break big plays. He will provide youth to a group of running backs that needs it.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #493
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I see the Patriots taking Gerhart over Dwyer, but who knows. Im just so jealous they have a 1st and three 2nd rd picks!!
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #494
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cincinatti Bengals select Rob Gronkowski - TE- Arizona

Big solid blocker with soft hands and good route runner. The Bengals finally get the TE they have needed.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #495
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I see the Patriots taking Gerhart over Dwyer, but who knows. Im just so jealous they have a 1st and three 2nd rd picks!!
I know. They can do alot of damage with those 2nd rounders. In this mock they get TE Aaron Hernandez, CB Perrish Cox, and RB Jonathan Dwyer in the second round. Those are three guys that could make an impact immediately.
Old 03-23-2010   #496
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
The Cincinatti Bengals select Rob Gronkowski - TE- Arizona

Big solid blocker with soft hands and good route runner. The Bengals finally get the TE they have needed.
Nice pick. Fills a huge need for the Bengals. Looks like you have a decent grasp of the teams needs. Maybe another playmaker type WR and possibly a DE? That's be a good draft for them.
Old 03-23-2010   #497
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nice pick. Fills a huge need for the Bengals. Looks like you have a decent grasp of the teams needs. Maybe another playmaker type WR and possibly a DE? That's be a good draft for them.
Hopefully things continue to fall right for them. Could not believe that Gronkowski was still available that late in the 2nd.
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #498
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Hopefully things continue to fall right for them. Could not believe that Gronkowski was still available that late in the 2nd.
I felt the same way about Dwyer.
Old 03-23-2010   #499
Blake
MMQB

Makes me really salivate at the thought of trading down for extra picks this year.

Unless that means passing on Thomas.
Old 03-23-2010   #500
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 225538 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

So, Shaft75 is up?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read