Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-22-2010   #461
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

KC picked so Houston is on the clock. I realize it's after 11:00 pm so I guess we'll all have to wait til morning to see the pick. I'm hoping for Ben Tate-RB, he would make the most sense here.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #462
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
KC picked so Houston is on the clock. I realize it's after 11:00 pm so I guess we'll all have to wait til morning to see the pick. I'm hoping for Ben Tate-RB, he would make the most sense here.
no more than Toby Gerhart
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #463
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

HOU-TEX sounded like he wasn't going to go with an obvious pick
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #464
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Alot of special players from various positions still on the board.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #465
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Cox isn't going to be picked until the 3rd rd. Give him $ and watch him go wild.

In order for teams to put up with a turd like Cox you have to be an exceptional talent. Cox isn't exceptional. IMHO
I think Cox has exceptional athleticism and he has produced at both corner and returner, enough to be a 2nd round pick despite any minor behavioral issues in the past. The Patriots have Bodden, Butler, and Springs to play while Cox gets up to speed. Plus the Pats have 3 second rounders.
Old 03-22-2010   #466
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

OK. Let's say he get's all weird on us. What are his options?

Geno Atkins, Lamarr Houston, or Tyson Alualu at DT?
Jahvid Best or Dexter McCluster at RB?
J.D. Walton at C?
Reshad Jones at FS?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010   #467
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

With taking CB Kyle Wilson in the 1st, he may look at:

OG Mike Johnson
RB Ben Tate, Jonathan Dwyer, Jahvid Best, Dexter McCluster, Toby Gerhart
WR Mardy Gilyard
Tim Tebow
DE Everson Griffin
DT Lamar Houston, Geno Atkins, Tyson Alualu
S Morgan Burnett

EDIT: I think I would lean towards Mike Johnson as our LG or one of the RB's. As much as I like McCluster and would be thrilled with the pick, I'd probably go with one of the bigger guys - I like Tate and Gerhart. I'm feeling like Mike Johnson as our starting LG b/c he sees every snap and then pray Tate or Gerhart slips to our 3rd rd pick. The RB will get probably 10-15 touches a game and split carries with Slaton/Foster so I give the edge to the L/T fixture at LG that helps in the pass pro and run blocking.

Last edited by Ole Miss Texan; 03-23-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2010   #468
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I think Cox has exceptional athleticism and he has produced at both corner and returner, enough to be a 2nd round pick despite any minor behavioral issues in the past. The Patriots have Bodden, Butler, and Springs to play while Cox gets up to speed. Plus the Pats have 3 second rounders.
I can see your point the Pats can wait on Cox to grow up.

I hope the pick is Hardesty,Tate, or Burnett

Hou Tex is going to keep us in suspense.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #469
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I can see your point the Pats can wait on Cox to grow up.

I hope the pick is Hardesty,Tate, or Burnett

Hou Tex is going to keep us in suspense.
I'd love to have Burnett, Dwyer, McCluster, or Geno Atkins.
Old 03-23-2010   #470
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I am hoping for Lamarr Houston, Tyson Alualu or Jonathan Dwyer.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #471
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
With the 49th pick the 49ers take Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama.
Ok KT, I wasnt going to say anything when you stole Upati from the Steelers in the first round, but damnit now you stole their cornerback in the 2nd round too! lol

Old 03-23-2010   #472
Blake
MMQB

Not a need per say but Everson Griffen is still on the board.
Old 03-23-2010   #473
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Ok KT, I wasnt going to say anything when you stole Upati from the Steelers in the first round, but damnit now you stole their cornerback in the 2nd round too! lol

Now we know how real GM's feel when a player you want is taken ahead of you. You almost have to rank the players you like a round earlier than everyone else to ensure getting them or have other players for a backup plan.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #474
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Now we know how real GM's feel when a player you want is taken ahead of you. You almost have to rank the players you like a round earlier than everyone else to ensure getting them or have other players for a backup plan.
Very true. That is why I dont really comment on a player being taken "early" because you never know if he will be around your next turn.
Old 03-23-2010   #475
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't worry about criticism, you can't make everyone happy. Just make your pick.
No worries, brah. I can take it, plus, it's fun.

Be back shortly
Old 03-23-2010   #476
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Ahite, we all know what happened to the Texans in the 3rd last season with the RB situation, right? Most know my stance on taking a RB with a high pick and with so many players still on the board that'd I'd love to pick instead makes this even more difficult. But, after losing out on a couple players in last years 3rd round and an abysmal running game this past season, leaves me no choice.

With the 51st pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Houston Texans select:

Ben Tate RB, Auburn

He's a perfect fit for the ZBS, he can catch out of the backfield and he's had experience blocking in his College career. He's been somewhat injury free and durable. The dude ain't skeered to lay da wood!

Other players on my board that I really wanted: J.D. Walton C Baylor, Morgan Burnett FS Ga. Tech
Old 03-23-2010   #477
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Love that pick Hou-Tex. Wilson and Tate would be ideal if it went down like that.

Championship!
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #478
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I was making that argument last year. Or... two years ago. A guy isn't a reach if he's not going to be there the next time you pick and you can't trade back to a more "reasonable" spot.

The hard part is figuring out what everyone else's board looks like so you can have a good idea about whether the guy is going to be there at your next pick.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #479
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Ben Tate is a great pick! I would be very excited going in to next year if our draft went like this. I'm hoping we see an OL in the 3rd.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010   #480
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Ben Tate is a great pick! I would be very excited going in to next year if our draft went like this. I'm hoping we see an OL in the 3rd.
Thanks.

I really wanted JD Walton. The dude plays with a nasty streak and attitude.

We'll see what we've got to work with in the 3rd.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read