Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-14-2010   #21
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

With the second pick of the 2010 Texans Talk Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select...

Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

Explanation: The Lions have many needs and yes, the Lions drafted Sammie Lee Hill last year and he performed, and have picked up Corey Williams and Vanden Bosch this off season to solidify the DL. With that being known, how do you still pass on Suh, on the surface? With the Lions being so vested, as of late, in first round contracts on the offensive side of the ball, it is time to get some balance while bringing a player on that should automatically make the Lions' DL one of the most formidable in the league. Schwartz will be licking his chops next year.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are on the clock.
Old 03-14-2010   #22
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 3rd selection in the NFL mock draft the Tampa Bay Bucs select Eric Berry-University of Tennessee

I couldn't pass on the best S prospect since Sean Taylor. He should be a multiple time pro-bowl player.

The Washington Redskins are on the clock.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #23
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

nice picks guys even tho i thaught sam bradford/colt would be #1
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

If the draft fell this way and I were the Bucs I would star shopping this pick between the Redskins,Seattle, and the Bills for the chance to draft Bradford.

This would be the optimal situation for the rebuilding Bucs to add multiple picks and really fill some of the many hole on that team.
Old 03-14-2010   #25
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

i would to but to bad you cant trade\

edit....

im looking for a team relly wana join =/
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #26
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I would've drafted an offensive tackle or traded down in a real situation. Jeff Backus will have to deal with the Vikings Ray Edwards and now Julius Peppers and unless he improves the only thing Matt Stafford will be seeing is the turf.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #27
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Personally, I would've drafted an offensive tackle or traded down in a real situation. Jeff Backus will have to deal with the Vikings Ray Edwards and now Julius Peppers and unless he improves the only thing Matt Stafford will be seeing is the turf.
Okung was also considered, but in my opinion Stafford and Okung are more questionable performers than Suh from a scalability standpoint. Sure you can talk the defensive side of the ball being difficult for their NFC North opponents, but what about those offenses as well? There are more rounds and the focus will turn to needs, but not when the best player is available.
Old 03-14-2010   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Okung was also considered, but in my opinion Stafford and Okung are more questionable performers than Suh from a scalability standpoint. Sure you can talk the defensive side of the ball being difficult for their NFC North opponents, but what about those offenses as well? There are more rounds and the focus will turn to needs, but not when the best player is available.
Sounds reasonable to me.

I heard the Lions are doing their due dilligence on Okung,Suh and McCoy. I'm suprised that Bradford wasn't taken. I expected to draft either McCoy or Suh. But Berry is a wonderful consilation prize.
Old 03-14-2010   #29
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

It may be wise to go with talent (BPA) rather then glaring need. Ndamukong Suh is a special player and if he can translate his game from college to the pros, he will be to the Lions what Bruce Smith was to the Bills and Derrick Thomas was to the Chiefs in terms of being a defensive standout.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010   #30
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
It may be wise to go with talent (BPA) rather then glaring need. Ndamukong Suh is a special player and if he can translate his game from college to the pros, he will be to the Lions what Bruce Smith was to the Bills and Derrick Thomas was to the Chiefs in terms of being a defensive standout.
Agreed, Which is why I took Berry. BPA
Old 03-14-2010   #31
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry posting this on my iPhone from the hospital - I'll dress it up tmrw From an actual computer.

With the fourth overall selection, the Washington redskins select Russel okung, Offensive tackle, Oklahoma state.

Reasoning: the redskins need to protect their Qb, and drafting Bradford/Clausen won't improve them as much as a franchise tackle.
Old 03-14-2010   #32
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222469 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Nevermind. I posted something wrong.

Texan4Ever, can you post the full list of team assignments? I don't have it anymore and I can't find that closed thread where I put it.

And does anyone with two teams want to give slatonisabeast a team?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #33
jgl35
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1760 jgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respectedjgl35 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kansas City selects Rolando McClain LB Alabama
The Cheifs need a big, physical persence inside to lead their new 4-3 defense.
McClain brings the full package to the field. He could do for the Chiefs what Willis did for the 49'ers.
jgl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #34
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

With the 6th pick in the NFL mmok draft the Seattle Seahawks select Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma.

Seahawks get their franchise QB of the future. Their future just got alot brighter with this pick.

Bradford is a steal at this point in the draft. He can learn for a year under Hasselbeck. Bradford is a perfect fit for the WC offense. IMHO
Old 03-15-2010   #35
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Slatonisabeast is now the proud(??) owner of the Flaming Thumbtacks.
Old 03-15-2010   #36
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Slatonisabeast is now the proud(??) owner of the Flaming Thumbtacks.
He'll be so proud .
Old 03-15-2010   #37
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Really like the Suh pick at #2. Jim Schwartz has his new Albert Haynesworth.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #38
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
With the 6th pick in the NFL mmok draft the Seattle Seahawks select Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma.

Seahawks get their franchise QB of the future. Their future just got alot brighter with this pick.

Bradford is a steal at this point in the draft. He can learn for a year under Hasselbeck. Bradford is a perfect fit for the WC offense. IMHO
The draft fell perfectly for you my friend. I think the Rams should take him #1, but Pete Carroll how has someone to sink or swim with. Good pick.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010   #39
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sold on McClain at #5.

That is awfully high for a LB.

He better be better than Willis to justify that pick.

And they run a 3-4 not a 4-3.

He also has Crohn's disease which is very debilitating, which would make him a liability with that high a draft pick.
Old 03-15-2010   #40
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104642 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
HOUTEX... You better be ready for this!
Dadgum! I thought we were going to have the Texans pick chosen by the entire board?

That's cool. I except the challenge. Just don't be mad when I reel in the top-rated prospect at LS . Championship!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read