Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-17-2010   #261
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

I think we can get our CB in the 2nd round, but my money is on Hou-Tex taking Kyle Wilson.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #262
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I think we can get our CB in the 2nd round, but my money is on Hou-Tex taking Kyle Wilson.
Nah, he is a Ryan Matthews guy me thinks...

Or he might blindside us and go with the athlete-extraordinare Taylor Mays.
Old 03-17-2010   #263
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Spiller is still on the board... Really?

Spiller, Mays, Matthews, Wilson, Price...

OH my!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #264
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

OH my!
If Hou-Tex took Spiller I'd rep the rep out of him.
Old 03-17-2010   #265
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Spiller is extreeeeeeemely hard to pass up on this one imo. Some good talent all the way around at 20 here.
Old 03-17-2010   #266
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

OH my!

15) New York Giants - Brian Price, DT, UCLA
Old 03-17-2010   #267
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Quote:
15) New York Giants - Brian Price, DT, UCLA
oops.
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2010   #268
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me begin by stating something most around here already know. I'm not a fan of choosing RB's in the 1st round unless they're "can't miss" type Rb's.

Our secondary has been inconsistent, at best, for the past few years. Now that D-Rob's gone it leaves the Texans little choice but to make CB a priority in the first couple of rounds unless they pull one out of their arse within the next month.

All that said.....let the barrage of HOU-TEX beatings begin

With the 20th pick of the 2010 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select:

Kyle Wilson CB, Boise State

Old 03-17-2010   #269
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Let me begin by stating something most around here already know. I'm not a fan of choosing RB's in the 1st round unless they're "can't miss" type Rb's.

Our secondary has been inconsistent, at best, for the past few years. Now that D-Rob's gone it leaves the Texans little choice but to make CB a priority in the first couple of rounds unless they pull one out of their arse within the next month.

That pick stinks LOL

Good pick

You can never go wrong taking the BPA and at an area of need.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #270
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
That pick stinks LOL

Good pick

You can never go wrong taking the BPA and at an area of need.
Well, in most people's cases, that would've been Spiller or Mathews. Sorry guys, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Old 03-17-2010   #271
Blake
MMQB

Quote:

Personally I am glad you passed on Spiller. I could have lived with Matthews but I think filling the CB void is a huge concern. I think the draft fell pretty crappy for the Texans seeing how Upati, Thomas, Williams and Pouncey are all gone. Almost begging you to take the CB in round 1.
Old 03-17-2010   #272
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Worst. Pick. Ever.

Seriously though, I think this is probably the safest need pick you could have made.

Now do I think you win championships with safe picks... maybe not.

I still would have gone Spiller here, Mays intrigues me too.
Old 03-17-2010   #273
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think that pick has logic to it . I think you can get a good RB in the 2nd but the CBs drop off pretty quick . Oh ... and ... Booo Boooo .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #274
Blake
MMQB

21) Cincinnati Bengals - JB - On the clock 3/17/2010 3:24:09 PM:

22) New England Patriots - TexansSeminole

23) Green Bay Packers - The Pencil Neck

24) Philadelphia Eagles - Shaft75
Old 03-17-2010   #275
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:

Personally I am glad you passed on Spiller. I could have lived with Matthews but I think filling the CB void is a huge concern. I think the draft fell pretty crappy for the Texans seeing how Upati, Thomas, Williams and Pouncey are all gone. Almost begging you to take the CB in round 1.
The strange thing about football is that the only one of those guys I would look at as the Texans is Thomas.

Each to their own I guess.

Actually if that Williams is the DT not the OT I would look at him too.
Old 03-17-2010   #276
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:

I know, right? Geez, especially for someone who doesn't dig on RB's in the 1st. My big nasties went off the board and was left with the top 2 RB's, LOL, that's rough.
Old 03-17-2010   #277
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Worst. Pick. Ever.

Seriously though, I think this is probably the safest need pick you could have made.

Now do I think you win championships with safe picks... maybe not.

I still would have gone Spiller here, Mays intrigues me too.
Believe it or not, Mays was still on my short list. *ahem* Devin McCourty was too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think that pick has logic to it . I think you can get a good RB in the 2nd but the CBs drop off pretty quick . Oh ... and ... Booo Boooo .
That's my plan...........in theory. Knowing the way this mock has gone so far, it wouldn't surprise me to see a dozen RB's taken before then.
Old 03-17-2010   #278
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I think JB just got off line and I have to be at work at 4:30 so, I PMd my top players to Texan4Ever. Hopefully he will be online to make my selection for me.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #279
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I think JB just got off line and I have to be at work at 4:30 so, I PMd my top players to Texan4Ever. Hopefully he will be online to make my selection for me.
I think he is making his pick right now.
Old 03-17-2010   #280
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 126281 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

The Bengals select Taylor Mays -USC

Mays is the highest rated player available at a position of need and Marvin loves USC players.
JB is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read