Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-17-2010   #221
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official TexansTalk NFL 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
Wow, 9ers line set for a long time now. Any thoughts on passing on Spiller?
Maybe KT is like me and wants Spiller to fall to the Texans?
Old 03-17-2010   #222
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow, 9ers line set for a long time now. Any thoughts on passing on Spiller?
My consideration was in the following order - Iupati, Wilson, Spiller. Spiller, included because of his return capability.
Old 03-17-2010   #223
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
No, he is a nice player, but I am in the Matthews camp for the Texans.
Old 03-17-2010   #224
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, hopefully not or this mock is kind of useless. But if the draft does go like this, then Pitt is now on the clock with their biggest needs players already drafted. I think their best options would now be either Mays or Spiller.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #225
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice job Kaiser, shoring up that offensive line is a BIG plus for the 9ers. Joe Staley, David Baas, Center, Mike Iupati, and Brian Bullaga, thats a solid o-line.

Alex Smith and or David "Mr. Mittens" Carr are probably wondering why they couldn't get a decent o-line like that when they were rookies.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #226
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 44792 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, hopefully not or this mock is kind of useless. But if the draft does go like this, then Pitt is now on the clock with their biggest needs players already drafted. I think their best options would now be either Mays or Spiller.
Spiller I think would be attractive for them. He kind of walks in and replaces everythign Willie Parker brought to the team.
Old 03-17-2010   #227
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Spiller I think would be attractive for them. He kind of walks in and replaces everythign Willie Parker brought to the team.
I agree. CB is an option too, but Spiller is too good for them pass on at this point.
Sponsored links
Old 03-17-2010   #228
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pittsburgh should take Mays or Wilson.

After seeing what happened to their defense when TP got hurt last year I believe Mays should be the pick. The Steelers should be able to get good value in rds 2/3 at CB and OL.

Love your draft so far KT. The defense should become a priority now.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #229
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Pittsburgh should take Mays or Wilson.

After seeing what happened to their defense when TP got hurt last year I believe Mays should be the pick. The Steelers should be able to get good value in rds 2/3 at CB and OL.

Love your draft so far KT. The defense should become a priority now.
I wouldn't disagree with Pitt going with Mays or Wilson, but I think they provide less value at this pick than Spiller does.
Old 03-17-2010   #230
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Props KT. You'd never see me arguing against picking the 'big nasties' in the trenches.

The Jets built their Oline with top picks and they pound the ball better than any team in the league. With Singletary as HC, I have no doubt that they want to do the same.
Old 03-17-2010   #231
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55991 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Yea ... but Dez is a top 10 player on most boards . Team him up with the other guy ... Britt maybe ... and you have the makings of a good pair of WRs .

Of course your lacking a passing QB .... jk ... didn't mean it .... he should have gone to the 49ers to give Carr more weapons .
Yea, even if VY doesn't work out you are putting your next QB in a good situation with that supporting cast. Bryant, Britt, Johnson.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #232
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I will post the steelers pick soon.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #233
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 146812 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd see Spiller at this point.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #234
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking the Steelers pickup someone to protect Big Ben . Someone like ....

Old 03-17-2010   #235
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

The Steelers could use a running back like CJ Spiller to complement Rashard Mendenhall or go with a strong safety like Taylor Mays to play alongside Troy Polamalu and support the run.

I think Spiller makes the most sense as most offensive linemen that are decent are all taken.
Old 03-17-2010   #236
Blake
MMQB

Rep Power: 58383 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 18th pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers Select Maurkice Pouncey, Center/Guard, Florida

I was going to take Mike Upati, but Kaiser Toro beat me to him. The Steelers need interior line help bad. At over 6'4" and 305 pounds, the versatile Pouncey can step in day 1 at center or guard and protect their franchise QB, while opening lanes for Rashard Mendenhall. The Steelers organization wants to get back to the days of Dermontii Dawson, and Alan Faneca, and impose their will running the football. "The Steelers were tied-for-21st in the NFL in red zone efficiency, and the inability to score touchdowns at a higher rate was costly, especially if that unit is supposed to be the strength of the team."

I considered CJ Spiller, but ultimately decided that the Steelers already have an every down back scratching CJ off the list. I also considered Taylor Mays, but with Troy Polomalu and Ryan Clark coming back, decided to get the oline back on track.

Some will feel this is high for Pouncey, but with the inability to trade back, I had to get the player I was targeting.
Old 03-17-2010   #237
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Super Mario, that's a solid pick. I forgot that Maurkice Pouncey was still on the board. Given that he can play OG/OC, Pouncey fits the mold of a Steeler lineman.

Old 03-17-2010   #238
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I felt that one coming after Iupati was picked. Good selection. It's just weird to see two interior linemen picked in the top 20.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #239
Blake
MMQB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Super Mario, that's a solid pick. I forgot that Maurkice Pouncey was still on the board. Given that he can play OG/OC, Pouncey fits the mold of a Steeler lineman.

Thank you sir.

19) Atlanta Falcons - kiwitexansfan - On the Clock 3/17/2010 2:06:23 PM:

20) Houston Texans - HOU-TEX

21) Cincinnati Bengals - JB

22) New England Patriots - TexansSeminole

23) Green Bay Packers - The Pencil Neck
Old 03-17-2010   #240
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hou-Tex ... just getting you ready for your pick .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJ...eature=related

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read